Fallen Angels

Xann

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Bobby Orr, my childhood ice hockey hero.

Came out in support of Trump after Trump refused to concede.

He played in the days before NHL players wore helmets.

• Haha 1

It kind of sucks when you find out an artist whose work you really admire or just love holds political or social convictions that rub you the wrong way. 

I'm in my 50s, and I guess the biggest of quite a few for me is ... Moz. Honestly just don't know what the hell is up with him, and it almost worries me to listen to him. But ... I still do.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

And that might also explain his Trump support 🤪

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

And I remember the days when a few of the goalies not only didn't wear helmets but also didn't wear masks (Gump Worsley, Glenn Hall).

Edited by il_serpente

Where to start. Toby Keith is one of my favourite artists and not as right wing as internet sites might suggest but him being honoured by Trump and him playing an election celebration made it difficult to like him. Difficult. But not impossible, as I still love the guy. 

Add to that list Jon Rich, Travis Tritt and the many other country singers who either sat on the fence or endorsed Trump. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Mods, can we change @Marka Ragnos tag to "creator of obscure threads" please

I actually asked them to delete this one earlier today because I hadn't seen the Fallen Angels one before I created it, and it covers very similar terrain. But that was all before there were amazing Replies from you and @Seat68, which the mods may deem so valuable to humanity, the whole thread needs to stay.

• Like 1

John Cleese had a brief flirtation with GB News but seems to have gone back to dissing Tories and Brexit again so not sure if he's redeemed.  Is there another black mark against him?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

John Cleese had a brief flirtation with GB News but seems to have gone back to dissing Tories and Brexit again so not sure if he's redeemed.  Is there another black mark against him?

I believe he is still lined up to host a show on the channel, although both parties have fallen silent on it. Perhaps GB News thought he held all of their values, when in fact he is just a miserable old fashioned word removed and not the tory infatuated person they wanted.

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It kind of sucks when you find out an artist whose work you really admire or just love holds political or social convictions that rub you the wrong way. 

I'm in my 50s, and I guess the biggest of quite a few for me is ... Moz. Honestly just don't know what the hell is up with him, and it almost worries me to listen to him. But ... I still do.

I'm in my 50's. Who the hell is Moz?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Steven Morrissey I believe.

Thats the fella.

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm in my 50's. Who the hell is Moz?

You are probably in his target audience then, 50s, male, thats the sweet spot for Morrissey, or Moz. Also he has a guitarist called Boz.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I believe he is still lined up to host a show on the channel, although both parties have fallen silent on it. Perhaps GB News thought he held all of their values, when in fact he is just a miserable old fashioned word removed and not the tory infatuated person they wanted.

Yeah, based on his Twitter output he doesn't seem to be very GBeebies friendly.

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Thats the fella.

You are probably in his target audience then, 50s, male, thats the sweet spot for Morrissey, or Moz. Also he has a guitarist called Boz.

Oh wow.  Never heard of Morrissey being referred to as Moz, but then I've very little interest in him or The Smiths so that's probably why it went over my head.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â