Luton Town

MaVilla

He is inconsistent but is an attacking threat, he looked good at the start of his Everton spell before his injury. I think Luton have lacked something in attack

He has done some interviews saying how desperate he is to play so he should be hungry

32 with a horrific injury and barely kicked a ball in 2 years and no pre season. I don't expect anything from him tbh , akin to Wesley at Stoke.

Though I get it from Luton. Cheap, free , experienced, they won't be saddled with a huge contract and capable back in the day of banging goals from nowhere.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

32 with a horrific injury and barely kicked a ball in 2 years and no pre season. I don't expect anything from him tbh , akin to Wesley at Stoke.

Though I get it from Luton. Cheap, free , experienced, they won't be saddled with a huge contract and capable back in the day of banging goals from nowhere.

Apparently he impressed on trial at Burnley and was promised a contract before they changed their mind.

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They really haven't. 

of the games I have seen they have looked the worse. Have seen Sheffield United give City and Spurs a game and Luton are dogged who are missing something in attack. Burnley have been dreadful when I watched them. Seem to buckle whenever they concede and made some awful even arrogant transfers for where they are

I think Burnley thought would just come up and be in mid table

Edited by Zatman

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

of the games I have seen they have looked the worse. Have seen Sheffield United give City and Spurs a game and Luton are dogged who are missing something in attack. Burnley have been dreadful when I watched them. Seem to buckle whenever they concede and made some awful even arrogant transfers for where they are

Ive seen sheff united get battered by 8 goals then lose again following week

Ive seen luton lose a game against 10 men at home

I think both are worse

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

In the league:  Man City (H), Villa (H), Spurs (H), Forest (A), Man Utd (H), Newcastle (A), Luton (A), Chelsea (H).
In the cup:  Forest (A), Salford (A)

They've had a pretty horrible start and have tried to keep with their attacking style of football.  Indeed, "only" 3 sides there have kept clean sheets against Burnley.  Of the games you'd expect to be closer, they've avoided defeat - and a draw at Forest isn't a bad result at all.  They're 3 points behind Everton who have mostly played teams tipped to struggle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In the league:  Man City (H), Villa (H), Spurs (H), Forest (A), Man Utd (H), Newcastle (A), Luton (A), Chelsea (H).
In the cup:  Forest (A), Salford (A)

They've had a pretty horrible start and have tried to keep with their attacking style of football.  Indeed, "only" 3 sides there have kept clean sheets against Burnley.  Of the games you'd expect to be closer, they've avoided defeat - and a draw at Forest isn't a bad result at all.  They're 3 points behind Everton who have mostly played teams tipped to struggle.

yep. brentford, bournemouth and palace next. think with burnley it's a case of reserving judgement until after those 3

luton and sheff utd down. then probably between burnley and bournemouth for the last place. not as exciting a relegation battle this year

Edited by tomav84

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know who is worse luron or sheff united tbh. Two of the worst teams ive seen in years so far.

Tbf, I don't think anyone expected Luton to come up and tear teams a new one. They barely have a stadium ffs.

You can see in the games they've played they attempt to give it a go and you can't fault them for that.

I cut Luton a bit of slack as it's their first ever season in the PL and have a bit of a distant soft spot for them (based on whats been achieved as a football club on the pitch and they also have Marvellous too)

However, With the likes of Burnley and Sheff Utd who have been up here before and know what to expect by now, I have less sympathy for - especially Sheff Utd.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â