Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nope, not discredited - just said they've been financially doped; which, of course, Man City have as well.

Wrexham setting a National League record of 111 points is still impressive, despite their advantage.  Man City hammering Bayern and Real is still impressive, despite their advantage.

Edit:  Although I've probably said that Wrexham should coast the league, which they should!

But Man City should not coast the CL? It’s all relative at the end of the day.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But Man City should not coast the CL? It’s all relative at the end of the day.

That's not what's being discussed.

I think Man City hammering sides like Real Madrid and Bayern Munich is more impressive than Roma scraping past RB Salzburg, Leverkusen et al.

FWIW, though Man City enjoy a financial advantage over most clubs in the World, the comparative difference between their wealth and other European giants (such as Real Madrid/Bayern Munich/PSG/Man Utd/Chelsea etc) isn't as great as the wealth divide between Wrexham and other National League sides.  I imagine Wrexham will be fairly big favourites for the League Two title as well, and Notts County won't be far behind.  As you say, it's all relative.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

If City win the CL it would be great if the media really push the cheating thing.

Wont happen of course. It’ll go the other way, they’ll be told how amazing they are for the sport.

I don’t know about that mate. Certainly there will be a spunkfest with the British media, but I think media across Europe will go full bore. 

They already don’t like the fact that many of their teams can’t complete financially with the PL, so the controversy around City atm will fuel their fires even more should they lift the CL. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I don’t know about that mate. Certainly there will be a spunkfest with the British media, but I think media across Europe will go full bore. 

They already don’t like the fact that many of their teams can’t complete financially with the PL, so the controversy around City atm will fuel their fires even more should they lift the CL. 

Yeah, I think it will largely be neither.  No mention of any cheating aspect, no triumphant press.  Just a "Man City win CL" sort of thing (outside of England).

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Don't fully understand the weird obsession with discrediting Man City getting to the CL final, 

Then you are part of the problem.

They've managed to dupe the world into thinking they are a legitimate organisation when they CLEARLY aren't.

I cannot believe that's anyone who isn't a deluded Man City fan can be so gullible and so willing to ignore the fact they are cheating the club you support!!

• Like 3

I think most fans find it hard to relate to City because it is a bloodless pristine plastic version of football. I mean it is brilliant obviously but it is an artificial construct for sportswashing reasons. Seeing Mourinho shithousing his way to yet another European final with far inferior players and budget is actually closer to footballing reality.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think most fans find it hard to relate to City because it is a bloodless pristine plastic version of football. I mean it is brilliant obviously but it is an artificial construct for sportswashing reasons. Seeing Mourinho shithousing his way to yet another European final with far inferior players and budget is actually closer to footballing reality.

Yes, agree with this entirely.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

That's not what's being discussed.

I think Man City hammering sides like Real Madrid and Bayern Munich is more impressive than Roma scraping past RB Salzburg, Leverkusen et al.

FWIW, though Man City enjoy a financial advantage over most clubs in the World, the comparative difference between their wealth and other European giants (such as Real Madrid/Bayern Munich/PSG/Man Utd/Chelsea etc) isn't as great as the wealth divide between Wrexham and other National League sides.  I imagine Wrexham will be fairly big favourites for the League Two title as well, and Notts County won't be far behind.  As you say, it's all relative.

To each their own.  Pep spending 2 billion and getting to a final is not impressive to me, regardless of who they beat along the way.

It's like changing the settings on FIFA to easy mode, and then beating every team 10-0.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, duke313 said:

Bigger achievement than Billion Dollar Pep getting to the CL final.

Tottenham could have easily enjoyed the success Roma are enjoying now, realistically both teams cannot compete for league titles but a  cup win would have been possible for Spurs with Mourinho at the helm,  Levy’s ego and entitled fans got in the way of that but no skin off my back I hope the continue to sink 🤣.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

The West Ham players need to pay off this guys mortgage.

Geezer is like Hodor literally holding off the mob single handedly protecting their families.

What a beast.

I watched the clip earlier and thought the same thing. Couple of lads who actually walk the walk. Protected those behind. Even the security were in no rush to help.

WH players should have a whip round for them.

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'd have another look who owns them if I were you.

Dutch fans dress up in black and try to intimidate an area with families in it. Bloody disgrace. Fair play to Hagrid, should be given a medal. Some of those Dutch fans need to take a trip to Arnhem and see the sacrifice that was made for them. As for Dutch security, how pathetic was that.

22 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Dutch fans dress up in black and try to intimidate an area with families in it. Bloody disgrace. Fair play to Hagrid, should be given a medal. Some of those Dutch fans need to take a trip to Arnhem and see the sacrifice that was made for them. As for Dutch security, how pathetic was that.

Apparently the reverse somewhat happened (well, presumably without the all-black cover etc) at the London Stadium, so there's likely an element of "retribution" here.

But yes, very much disgraceful scenes.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I saw a Tweet saying they were like Aragorn and Gimli holding off the Uruk-Hai at the Battle of Helms Deep

I read that the two west ham fans that held back the hordes were in aged in their 50's or 60's........I guess reliving their youth in the 1970's and 1980's when they were in their prime "yobbo" mode.

I often look around me on the Holte Upper at some of the "ahem" older guys like me and I often wonder if they saw any "action" all those years ago....and now we are all moaning old gits (I am a genuine grumpy old man)

What a comeback by Sheffield Wednesday. Really happy for Darren Moore, one of life's humble guys. I always thought the Baggies were a little harsh in their decision to let him go amd let's be honest a team of Wednesday's size should be playing in the Championship at least. 

A special mention to Barry Bannan too, still pulling the strings in their midfield. 

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Then you are part of the problem.

They've managed to dupe the world into thinking they are a legitimate organisation when they CLEARLY aren't.

I cannot believe that's anyone who isn't a deluded Man City fan can be so gullible and so willing to ignore the fact they are cheating the club you support!!

That doesn't alter the fact that they play wonderful football and are managed by a tactical genius. 

Also, amongst all the envious noise, I envy them too, there's the fact that they are innocent until proven guilty. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I watched the clip earlier and thought the same thing. Couple of lads who actually walk the walk. Protected those behind. Even the security were in no rush to help.

WH players should have a whip round for them.

Even in the days of rampant hooliganism, West Ham were always the most feared of firms. They're built differently those Eastenders. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â