Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They are not definately gonna finish above us. They now have 4 games to play in a little over a week  we have 2.

Looking forward to this one tonight, will properly show where both teams really are.

It’s almost impossible to second guess or know what best really mate. 

Maybe a draw then? I don’t know. 

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

It’s almost impossible to second guess or know what best really mate. 

Maybe a draw then? I don’t know. 

Not sure, Brighton have ton of injuries. I mean look at their bench, it’s just full of youngsters none of us have ever heard…. Yet. 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Not sure, Brighton have ton of injuries. I mean look at their bench, it’s just full of youngsters none of us have ever heard…. Yet. 

I guess mate. So difficult to second guess, I’m just happy with 2 games left games at the top of the table mean something to us. 

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I think one thing we've all learned is that Jose will always be talking about Jose even if no-one else is. 

Probably in the third person. 

To be honest I much prefer him to Guardiola or Klopp . If he does win the Europa league with Roma back to back European success with a team that hadn’t won anything in 20+ years then he deserves all the plaudits.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not sure, Brighton have ton of injuries. I mean look at their bench, it’s just full of youngsters none of us have ever heard…. Yet

Exactly. They have this uncanny knack for uncovering players lately. You think they have nobody left and then some 17 year old Nicaraguan starts and scores a worldy. It's just not our year it seems.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Liverpool have done that I'm sure 

The surprise would probably be that in the 70s etc when there wasn't 7 clubs per nation in European competitions and they dropped in to the lesser one when they were shit in the favourite one the likes of Liverpool haven't played in the cup winners cup that many times

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for say real Madrid or bayern

59 minutes ago, av1 said:

As Brighton are definitely going to finish above us anyway, should we be supporting Newcastle tonight? 

A win for Newcastle makes Liverpools chances of a top 4 finish even harder and May effect their mindset for Saturday? 

Brighton tonight, get Newcastle out of the CL

Brighton will finish above us, it's us or spurs for 7th

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Brighton tonight, get Newcastle out of the CL

Brighton will finish above us, it's us or spurs for 7th

Prefer if both could have somehow got top 4

Pain of United and Liverpool missimg out would have been delicious

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Roma 1-0 up on aggregate against Leverkusen play again tonight , Jose won the Conference league last year and might reach the final of the Europa this year yet nobody media wise is talking about him.

Bigger achievement than Billion Dollar Pep getting to the CL final.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

It is totally obvious that we want Brighton to lose tonight. And in their other 2 matches before May 28. We can catch them, but not Newcastle.

But a Newcastle win effects Liverpools chances of top 4 so might make our job easier on Saturday. 

Who knows what’s best lol 

Just now, av1 said:

But a Newcastle win effects Liverpools chances of top 4 so might make our job easier on Saturday. 

Who knows what’s best lol 

You are over thinking it. Points count.  Theoretical musings do not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YES

edit, reading back the thread. People are not as sure as I am that Brighton will shit the bed in the run in :D

Edited by Tegis

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

You are over thinking it. Points count.  Theoretical musings do not.

Fair point mate. As I said above, I just happy we’re able to worry about this at this stage of the season :thumb:

3 minutes ago, Tegis said:

YES

edit, reading back the thread. People are not as sure as I am that Brighton will shit the bed in the run in :D

Personally think they'll beat Southampton and we'll lose to Liverpool and that's that in terms of catching them...

...but you never know.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Personally think they'll beat Southampton and we'll lose to Liverpool and that's that in terms of catching them...

...but you never know.

That prat Lescott would have you believe that you’re better once relegated. The pressure is off. Still fecking annoys me that 😪

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â