Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Long old trip from Luton to Ibrox.

Even harder to get back to 2001 when the Premier league was called the Premiership

Edited by Genie

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's very one sided, just like us v Wolves currently.

Was hilarious when we sent them down in 2001 though. I'm sure the cameras will be panning the stands for that guy with the "we'll be back" banner if he's still alive!

Before your time but I'm sure it was Coventry we drew with at home when chasing the title under Ron Atkinson when man u beat Sheffield wednesday in fergie tjme

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Before your time but I'm sure it was Coventry we drew with at home when chasing the title under Ron Atkinson when man u beat Sheffield wednesday in fergie tjme

My first real memory of playing them was FA cup and Boateng completely dominated our midfield that day and set up their winner, their first ever win at VP and Brian Little left a week later.

2001 game was very lively around Witton island before and after the match, I think they knew they wouldn't be meeting us for a long time so made sure they "enjoyed" the day.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Oldham beat us

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's very one sided, just like us v Wolves currently.

Was hilarious when we sent them down in 2001 though. I'm sure the cameras will be panning the stands for that guy with the "we'll be back" banner if he's still alive!

Nah its weirder than wolves, I've been at gigs in cov where the crowd has started singing shit on the villa and stuff like that, it's an obsession

wolves have baggies and made some noise over us while they could but it will die back down, coventry seemingly have no one so picked us and it's not going anywhere, we will be their cup final in the PL, it's hard to explain it because it's so one sided

• Like 1

Come on Luton, don't let these 'tards back up. 

No idea why I wrote this, no one is reading it they are all in the Gresford thread like... 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Roma 1-0 up on aggregate against Leverkusen play again tonight , Jose won the Conference league last year and might reach the final of the Europa this year yet nobody media wise is talking about him.

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Roma 1-0 up on aggregate against Leverkusen play again tonight , Jose won the Conference league last year and might reach the final of the Europa this year yet nobody media wise is talking about him.

The European cup hattrick that Emery will replicate

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think one thing we've all learned is that Jose will always be talking about Jose even if no-one else is. 

Probably in the third person. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The European cup hattrick that Emery will replicate

Serious question raised from that, the conference league is obviously too soon but who's done the old European Cup, UEFA Cup, cup winners cup treble?

Can't be many teams let alone players or managers

I'm guessing Chelsea have

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Serious question raised from that, the conference league is obviously too soon but who's done the old European Cup, UEFA Cup, cup winners cup treble?

Chelsea didn’t win the European cup mate,  they won the Champions League. 

As Brighton are definitely going to finish above us anyway, should we be supporting Newcastle tonight? 

A win for Newcastle makes Liverpools chances of a top 4 finish even harder and May effect their mindset for Saturday? 

Edited by av1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

As Brighton are definitely going to finish above us anyway, should we be supporting Newcastle tonight? 

A win for Newcastle makes Liverpools chances of a top 4 finish even harder and May effect their mindset for Saturday? 

They are not definately gonna finish above us. They now have 4 games to play in a little over a week  we have 2.

Looking forward to this one tonight, will properly show where both teams really are.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think it was Juventus, Porto and maybe Ajax

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Liverpool have done that I'm sure 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â