Giovani Lo Celso

Villaphan04

6 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Always performs for Argentina to talent is there.

Who's the better player Buendia or him ?

In the PL it’s Buendia

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

Always performs for Argentina to talent is there.

Who's the better player Buendia or him ?

Lo Celso is a better ball carrier, Buendia is a better killer ball player.

The more I think of it, and that we don’t hear anything else, I think it’s a lazy journalist thinking ‘who has played for Emery before and that people have heard of to get clicks’ 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, the_eristic said:

He's a technically excellent, versatile, tenacious and experienced player liked by the manager but who picks up a hell of a lot of knocks, unfortunately. If we wind up with an empty senior squad space and the deal were cheap, as a rotation option, he'd be a good addition. Would be reluctant were it in place of a player intended to be a guaranteed starter, though. 

The issue is we've already bought Barkley, Barrenechea, Iling Jr and Philogene this window as midfield or attacking squad depth and have Buendia and Ramsey returning, rotation options are the last thing we need now

11 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

The issue is we've already bought Barkley, Barrenechea, Iling Jr and Philogene this window as midfield or attacking squad depth and have Buendia and Ramsey returning, rotation options are the last thing we need now

We sold Diaby and we need a replacement no 10 in the squad to fill that gap. Lo Celso fits the bill and also can play CM which means we can use Tielemans or McGinn in 10 also. It's a squad game and having players who can operate in multiple positions is key. 

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We sold Diaby and we need a replacement no 10 in the squad to fill that gap. Lo Celso fits the bill and also can play CM which means we can use Tielemans or McGinn in 10 also. It's a squad game and having players who can operate in multiple positions is key. 

Lo Celso doesn’t fit the bill, he’s not the level of player we need.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I disagree on that. I think he is the level we need, especially playing under Emery. But he's got Zaniolo levels of fitness issues,  so not sure he'll offer that level consistently enough over the season. 

I'm OK if we sign him, and OK if we don't.

• Like 1

Lo Celso isn’t the most inspiring signing but I wouldn’t write him off because he didn’t excel at spurs. He’s clearly got something and maybe that could be brought out at Villa. He would add to our strength in depth but I really would prefer a direct replacement for Diaby that can also play as striker. If Lo Celso replaces Diaby then we are weaker in that position. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He's playing regularly for the world champions (he has 57 caps) and set up the winning goal in the Copa final. What level is it you need? 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I agree we need a replacement number 10 but that should be genuine starting 11 quality not cheap squad players to further pad out an already bloated squad 

• Like 1

Bit part player for Argentina but would have been in the WC winning squad if fit. Mainly plays CM/LM for them thou. Solid squad option but we've already added Barkley and have McGinn/Ramsey/Rogers. He did well at Betis in a more advanced role next to Canales but that was some time ago. He's not played heavy minutes since he left Betis in 2019. He's a squad option, not someone you lean on.

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's playing regularly for the world champions (he has 57 caps) and set up the winning goal in the Copa final. What level is it you need? 

Not at best a Spurs sub whose failed to deceive almost every time he’s put on a Spurs shirt.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

100%. We are a Champions league club we shouldn't be settling for Spurs rejects 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not at best a Spurs sub whose failed to deceive almost every time he’s put on a Spurs shirt.

Who cares about Spurs, they've wanted to sell him and didn't manage to last summer. Players who are to be moved on not getting lots of minutes is common. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â