Giovani Lo Celso

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

100%. We are a Champions league club we shouldn't be settling for Spurs rejects 

We arent though, thats the point....

We are looking shop clever because the reality is we have qualified once in 40 years, a champions league club is somebody who is there year on year and can attract players because of that.

Its nice we have qualified but as a player you can not have any high certainty that we will be there again next year, its what is making our business tough attracting & paying for them and probably why Emery is looking into more sustainable and trusted deals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Who cares about Spurs, they've wanted to sell him and didn't manage to last summer. Players who are to be moved on not getting lots of minutes is common. 

I’ve just never seen him look half decent in the PL the whole time he’s been at Spurs, never mind just the time they’ve wanted to sell him.  I don’t think he’s suited to PL football and just because Emery had before doesn’t mean he wants him now, it’s just a lazy link and just press trying to offload Spurs cast offs.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not at best a Spurs sub whose failed to deceive almost every time he’s put on a Spurs shirt.

Whenever I watched him for Spurs his talent was blindingly obvious though. He's not some poor player, he's very good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cb_82 said:

We arent though, thats the point....

We are looking shop clever because the reality is we have qualified once in 40 years, a champions league club is somebody who is there year on year and can attract players because of that.

Its nice we have qualified but as a player you can not have any high certainty that we will be there again next year, its what is making our business tough attracting & paying for them and probably why Emery is looking into more sustainable and trusted deals

Well we are this season but my point is this is the type of signing we would hsve gone for when we finished 17th not 4th. Never done much for Spurs in the Premier League. Don't see this a more sustainable and trusted deal. Just probably because we are severely hampered by PSR.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Whenever I watched him for Spurs his talent was blindingly obvious though. He's not some poor player, he's very good.

I can’t agree, just don’t see that consistent talent I’m afraid.  I never said he’s a poor player as he does play for Argentina but I don’t think he’s suited to the PL.  Some players just don’t work out in PL but are good in some other leagues and he falls into that category imo and seems a number of Spurs managers agree.  

Emery had him at a previous club but that doesn’t necessarily mean he wants him here as some would suggest and it seems just lazy journalism he’s being linked with us. 

Let’s for moment say we look at it from the people who like Lo Celso, if he came to us I can’t see how he gets into the team.  It’s a squad game of course but there are so many ahead of him in the pecking order, I just can’t see him getting any meaningful game time or tell me whose not ahead of him for the positions he plays?  You’d also imagine if he was choose to come here he’d want assurances of significant game time and I don’t think we could offer him that given we have better quality.

22 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So swap two quality depth pieces for a not exciting Lo Celso?

I was open to swap one of them not both. I'm not convinced that Enzo or Iling Jr make it here. They might in the end, but for me not ready for the upcoming season. Hope they prove me wrong, as this swap is not going to happen.

Selling Ramsey however is out of the question IMO, he is crucial for the way we play and he is one of our own.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â