Cup final 9 of 10

zab6359

If we somehow manage to come back from Anfield with three points, I think it will be fair to say that in terms of importance,  it would arguably be the performance of the season. I can't think of a more difficult place to go when three points are so vital for us. A point would be helpful, but maximum points would really give the team all the belief and confidence that they are definitely now on the way to becoming an established top six side. 

As difficult as the task may be, this manager certainly instills an attitude amongst his players that nothing is beyond them.

Tonight's just more off putting for me

The inevitability of kane winning a penalty was bad enough but the idea of spending my Saturday night moaning about VAR means I can't be bothered to watch it

Liverpool will win thanks to a mind boggling salah penalty

Klopps ref rant few weeks back was a masterstroke

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

If Newcastle get beaten by Brighton on Thursday leaving a chance for Liverpool to move in to top 4, we’ll be lambs to the slaughter.

I get what you are saying, but the Villa will be well prepared by our manager for this game. Yes plop are in form at the moment and have home advantage, officials and VAR on their side, but we are a different team these days.

If we were still "managed" by the scouse fraud we would indeed be lambs to the slaughter.

It will be a good test for us but it will be difficult to get a draw let alone a win .... (Which in itself should it happen, will be either ignored by the media or plop made out to be unlucky)

• Like 1

Hoping for a result but struggling to see anything other than a Liverpool win. VAR, corrupt ref, Liverpool form, their final home game of the season and within reach of top 4. Be a huge test and a good pressure game getting us ready for our charge next season!

• Like 1

I'm not expecting anything from this game but, like every time we play Liverpool I start thinking of Deano and Ronny Rosenthal and the 7-2 and as someone who grew up before Alex Ferguson at ManU all my gloryhunting friends growing up are Liverpool fans. Ian Rush, Kenny, drinking milk etc.

Come on boys, just for the giggles

• Like 1

Can see this being like the Man U game, close but ultimately we will come up short. That said, we have players back and Emery will be working overtime to set us up right. Don't see the players letting us down either, so I think this could also be a cracker, perhaps 2-2 at best. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

Why The Premier League Is The Greatest League In The World, According ...

I was reading a transcript of this classic interview today... I think he may have said will rather than would. "I will love it if we beat them, love it!" Anyway, whatever, yes it will/would be amazing, especially as they're on a seven match winning run.

Edited by robby b

Going to be an interesting game, Liverpool will push forward in numbers leaving space behind and in the middle. Ollie, Buendia, Ramsey and Bailey need to be ready for some big early chances as I think Liverpool are a bit gung ho all rushing forward and leaving them vulnerable in transition . Leicester had some decent possession in good areas when Liverpools attacks broke down,  before they capitulated, they wasted their chances, let's hope we don't.

4-1 to the villa.

• Like 1