Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

So? Second team was played and it was against Albania. If he played well or crap, you can’t talk one game in isolation, he’s just not good enough for us.

If he had such a massive fall from grace as the dramatic poster was saying then he wouldnt be in the Euros and be trying get a contract at Stockport next season

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I think he's a good player but I don't think we need him - we're pretty stacked in the positions in he plays and save for a back-up striker if/when Duran goes, we're good in attack. 

I think the opposite. We need a player who can play instead of Watkins and can play other positions too so they can play with Watkins. Torres is excellent as the striker and is a versatile player.

He's played for City and Barcelona. Is playing for Spain and has been capped 40+ times. Has loads of experience and is absolutely the player we need 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Isa said:

I liked him at City. Not sure how he has been overall at Barca really although he is still making the national team although that might be more to do with his impressive record at international level (20 goals in 44 caps) rather than due to club form. 

It would be interesting to know if the Express article is from the same journalist who did the Brais Mendez story as that one was verified by the 'succulent offer' Spanish article. 

He was linked by enough sources last summer to suggest there was solid interest then so I wouldn't rule this out. 

If you asked Emery what his dream front line would be then imo it would be Ollie as the runner/finisher, Ferran Torres as the hybrid wider forward cutting inside and then Joao Felix floating in the support striker position creating space and chipping in with goals.

He kept on mentioning Felix in press conferences when he first came in so he was a legitimate target in those early months but chose Barca and Chelsea.

In fairness that's probably how we challenge for a title one day. That line up with strength in depth of Bailey, Diaby and Ramsey as subs.

However the wage bill would massively inflate again so dangerous if we missed out on CL and I just don't think those players would be tempted to come here, especially Ferran after he was at Man. City so I'd prefer targeting players on their way up and reasonably experienced key players in major leagues like Pau and Bailey.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Why even talk about this? We don’t have room in our squad for him 

There’s a wild rumour that Duran might favour a move away.. 

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Why even talk about this? We don’t have room in our squad for him 

If Duran leaves we lack a quality alternative to Watkins up top. Also we need players with versatility. He offers this with a wealth of experience.

I'm sure I read somewhere he has had some mh issues. If this is the case, and he struggled in the UK before, I'm not sure this would be a wise move even factoring in that Unai would be very nurturing and supportive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere he has had some mh issues. If this is the case, and he struggled in the UK before, I'm not sure this would be a wise move even factoring in that Unai would be very nurturing and supportive. 

If that's true then we should leave well alone. Look at Burnley with Foster. 

3 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

If that's true then we should leave well alone. Look at Burnley with Foster. 

refusing to sign elite sportsmen that have previous mental health issues would narrow the field quite a bit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If Duran leaves we lack a quality alternative to Watkins up top. Also we need players with versatility. He offers this with a wealth of experience.

If Duran stays we lack a quality alternative to Watkins......

I'd be happy with Torres though, but just think he prefers to ply his trade in Spain.

Edited by Dillon66

4 minutes ago, numbersix said:

refusing to sign elite sportsmen that have previous mental health issues would narrow the field quite a bit 

I wholeheartedly agree, I just feel potentially taking him away from an environment he is used to and hopefully a good support network is likely to be more helpful for him/ anyone than a big move amd additional pressure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

If Duran stays we lack a quality alternative to Watkins......

I'd be happy with Torres though, but just think he prefers to ply his trade in Spain.

He may be as mad as a box of cats, but Duran is a seriously promising striker.

28 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He may be as mad as a box of cats, but Duran is a seriously promising striker.

I'd agree about promise, but if his head's not at it, all the promise in the world won't help him.......anyway, straying off topic here, apologies.

Edited by Dillon66

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know we’re good now, but I can’t believe we have people turning their noses up at Torres 😂😂

dunno if there's a misguided belief that he did nothing special at city so he wont be good enough for us

football works in that weird kind of way

If Duran is leaving then yes please. Could play anywhere up front which would make him a very astute signing.

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

dunno if there's a misguided belief that he did nothing special at city so he wont be good enough for us

football works in that weird kind of way

Very misguided. He was very good at City

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â