Ferran Torres

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

feels like the McKennie Mk.2 thread.

aka - aint gonna happen.

That was on the brink of actually happening however it just took an extraordinary turn at the final hurdle, difference here will be that the majority of our fanbase probably didn’t want him here anyway… but we’d love the idea of this one im sure 

Edited by RicRic

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Guy dropped off harder than Mc Hammer. Next!

Scored 10 last season in was it 35 and many sub appearances, hardly a heavy drop mate, he had a issue mentally i think a season and a half ago but he’s completely retuned himself now 

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

That was on the brink of actually happening however it just took an extraordinary turn at the final hurdle, difference here will be that the majority of our fanbase probably didn’t want him here anyway… but we’d love the idea of this one im sure 

Nope

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

feels like the McKennie Mk.2 thread.

aka - aint gonna happen.

and don’t want it to happen either. Not good enough and will be paying wages for a name and not enough substance

• Like 1

I liked him at City. Not sure how he has been overall at Barca really although he is still making the national team although that might be more to do with his impressive record at international level (20 goals in 44 caps) rather than due to club form. 

It would be interesting to know if the Express article is from the same journalist who did the Brais Mendez story as that one was verified by the 'succulent offer' Spanish article. 

He was linked by enough sources last summer to suggest there was solid interest then so I wouldn't rule this out. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nope

Hes got back to his full potential after a mental health issue, hes shown it this season so not sure what isn’t to love about seeing him in a villa shirt but im sure there are the reasons why you feel he isn’t cut for us 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Hes got back to his full potential after a mental health issue, hes shown it this season so not sure what isn’t to love about seeing him in a villa shirt but im sure there are the reasons why you feel he isn’t cut for us 

Never seen enough from him in his Man City days and Barca days to warrant him being enough for us. I just don’t rate him enough to warrant us going for him.  I didn’t think his full potential beforehand was enough to start with.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Good replacement for Duran if he goes.

This is the key point, he can play as a CF or in other positions. So is the kind of player we need, versatile across front line. Barcelona need sales before June month end so if we can get a deal done in the next week we could get him relatively cheap

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Guy dropped off harder than Mc Hammer. Next!

He scored last night at the Euros for the team that are favourites now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He scored last night at the Euros for the team that are favourites now

So? Second team was played and it was against Albania. If he played well or crap, you can’t talk one game in isolation, he’s just not good enough for us.

Edited by nick76

I think he's a good player but I don't think we need him - we're pretty stacked in the positions in he plays and save for a back-up striker if/when Duran goes, we're good in attack. 

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So? Second team was played and it was against Albania. If he played well or crap, you can’t talk one game in isolation, he’s just not good enough for us.

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Like him, always liked him, would be very happy if he was part of our squad. 

Aah… good old VT. Never change 😆

Think he's a good player personally, I see some folk use his time as Man City as evidence to the contrary but he was in his late teens/early twenties, rotating with some top players and seemed to have a good impact whenever he played that I saw. In his first and only real full season there he only played around 15 games worth of minutes in the league and still managed 7 goals and 2 assists. He's mostly been in and out for Barca but has still has had his moments, he's got a particularly good record in Europe and with the national team over that period.

Can't really see it happening but think he'd be a good fit in the hypothetical even that it did. Can cover across the front line but could be an especially good fit as a second striker linking with Watkins, good experience yet still only 24, good range of finishing to him etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â