Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, srsmithusa said:

And this is why, while the Rev's explanation was correct, the delayed flag is still a disastrous instruction to AR's

It is **** stupid why have they changed this rule?  If linesman thinks its off blow ffs

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just at play there again.

It's mental.

They got to have a whole couple sequences of play and miss an open goal before it goes lol

Am just waiting for a scenario where someone breaks a leg or snaps a ligament in a dead period of play when the linesman should have flagged but didn't, just for VAR to call it a mile offside.

It's a **** daft rule

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

@The Rev explained it in the leeds thread something to do with how they have to let the play dole out

Yes a couple people have said.

The reasoning makes sense, it's just difficult to get behin as a spectator though.

Just like how VAR makes sense, but being offside by a toenail etc is still frustrating.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Am just waiting for a scenario where someone breaks a leg or snaps a ligament in a dead period of play when the linesman should have flagged but didn't, just for VAR to call it a mile offside.

It's a **** daft rule

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. VAR has made refs cowards.

• Thanks 1

If the linesman isn't sure, he's got to let the phase of play finish. That was obvious enough he probably should have been sure but you can never be certain what else is going on, what's blocking his view, etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Question should be have we actually seen a good ref performance this year?

I haven't, or at least can't remember one. This offside idea of not raising the flag is both dangerous and stupid, what if Martinez had got injured in an entrirely useless one on one with Son then? Just put the **** flag up.

Psychologically though, that's a big win for Martinez, Son was trying to find the net then no question, looked like martinez might have touched it on to the post.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes a couple people have said.

The reasoning makes sense, it's just difficult to get behin as a spectator though.

Just like how VAR makes sense, but being offside by a toenail etc is still frustrating.

To me the reasoning doesn't even make sense

No one wants it, including no doubt the players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

This Ref is fully in the tank for Spurs. Shocking bias 

Desperate for the sky 6 to get Europe.

They are terrified of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

If the linesman isn't sure, he's got to let the phase of play finish. That was obvious enough he probably should have been sure but you can never be certain what else is going on, what's blocking his view, etc.

Yard offside, clear daylight, it's mental.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think the rules are if its blatant the linesman should raise the flag, linesman bottled it there, very unprofessional, but I guess we expect nothing less.

It is the linesman's job to know if it's offside or not. His actual job. 

Imagine Martinez got injured there thinking it's a goal saving intervention he's making

• Thanks 1