Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

They need a Facilities Manager it's not rocket science or an expensive position to fill.   If they just use subbies to do all the odd jobs that person co-ordinaties it.  

He/she should be monitoring fans complaints and going round checking things.

I could do that even find the sparkies/plumbers/painters and so on that are needed.

They will have used all those type of subbies on the various refits in corporate it's not rocket science to find the good ones and give them the other jobs around the ground.

Agree. Great proactive suggestion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

They need a Facilities Manager it's not rocket science or an expensive position to fill.   If they just use subbies to do all the odd jobs that person co-ordinaties it.  

He/she should be monitoring fans complaints and going round checking things.

I could do that even find the sparkies/plumbers/painters and so on that are needed.

They will have used all those type of subbies on the various refits in corporate it's not rocket science to find the good ones and give them the other jobs around the ground.

Surely they have a Facilities Manager, with all the works going on. Who is coordinating and organising them.

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Agree. Great proactive suggestion. 

I just checked and apparently we have one.

Daniel Tansley - Facilities Manager - Training Ground - Aston Villa Football Club | LinkedIn.

Edit. Apologies just realised this says Training ground!!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, TDR V2 said:

Surely they have a Facilities Manager, with all the works going on. Who is coordinating and organising them.

They must have people doing these roles.

What I question is, what I posed earlier is the PPM maintenance carried out? It's very poorly managed, if it all.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just checked and apparently we have one.

Daniel Tansley - Facilities Manager - Training Ground - Aston Villa Football Club | LinkedIn.

He's probably just responsible for Bodymoor Heath then, can't have the players walking in pee

• Haha 2

Just now, TDR V2 said:

He's probably just responsible for Bodymoor Heath then, can't have the players walking in pee

Yeah I just edited post as I overlooked the Training ground bit.

Would be quite strange for us not to have one though!

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They need someone to oversee what  subcontracted and internally delivered tasks are completed and hold them to account.

Tweet Mr Heck and offer your assistance, he can only block you

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The problem here isn't whether or not Chris Heck is right to block someone on the basis of their criticism - I haven't seen the tweet that got this person blocked and it could have been vile, personal, insulting and all of those other things that twitter somehow breeds, and I believe Chris Heck should have the absolute right not to have to suffer that on his personal Twitter account.

The problem here is that this is Chris Heck's personal twitter account and he has blurred the lines by using it as an official channel for communicating club information - that's unprofessional and inappropriate - the club have a number of their own channels with which to communicate things but Mr Heck likes to use his personal twitter to do that instead. Tt means he gets the scoop, he gets the exclusive, he gets the likes and the follows - it becomes about the brand "Chris Heck" rather than the brand "Aston Villa",  but it also means he's going to get the brickbats that come with those bouquets.

If you want to use your personal account for the business of the club you're going to get the complaints that should be aimed at the club when things go wrong. If you want to be Napoleon, people are going to fire cannons at you.

If Chris Heck wasn't Chris Heck, Chris Heck would fire Chris Heck for the way that Chris Heck uses twitter.

funny that this was one of the common criticisms for purslow...and heck seems to be far worse for it. at least purslow did everything via official mediums

i did have a look through that twitter account as my first thought was that there must be more to the story for him to block him, but i couldn't find anything abusive or personal directed towards heck (fair bit of far right crap though and him generally being a bit of a clearing in the woods...maybe there's nothing more to it than heck blocking another arsehole on twitter)

• Like 3

To be fair the job at the training ground is probably alot of work. If it's not too bad the one at Villa Park will be much bigger. I'd have thought we have someone over looking this sort of thing. We definitely should with the size of our club. BUT it's possible that we're a little behind especially when you think the upper trinity was closed not so long ago.

I would have thought a facilities manager could easily overse both Villa Park and and a training facility.

VP is a large outdoor arena home to over 40000 paying spectators with all the infrastructure that goes with it. Whoever is the manager behind all this does not appear to be doing a good job to be honest. Problems existing last season have still not been addressed.

Perhaps the emphasis is on how padded the seats are in corporate, making sure the cutlery is in the correct order and the wine list has no typos.

While the rest of us wade in piss, queue and have no seat.

• Like 1

Hospitals, schools, courts, power stations, police buildings, laboratories, office blocks, supermarkets etc.. all have facilities management plans. My employer has some pretty big FM contracts. To manage the facilities at Villa Park would be a great little contract for a firm. Soft services such as cleaning, pest control, security and hard services like the plumbing, electrics, hvac, building works etc… it just needs someone to take control of it and manage. 

As far as I know this has never been set up as a contract to bid for. It’s amateur stuff really. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

Tweet Mr Heck and offer your assistance, he can only block you

Lol were you one of the many people who had been blocked for expressing your frustration?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

46 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Hospitals, schools, courts, power stations, police buildings, laboratories, office blocks, supermarkets etc.. all have facilities management plans. My employer has some pretty big FM contracts. To manage the facilities at Villa Park would be a great little contract for a firm. Soft services such as cleaning, pest control, security and hard services like the plumbing, electrics, hvac, building works etc… it just needs someone to take control of it and manage. 

As far as I know this has never been set up as a contract to bid for. It’s amateur stuff really. 

Yes or if they don’t want to outsource just have a Facilities Manager who sorts it.  All they have to do is identify issues and hire the best sub-contractors, not do the work themselves.  

We have a FM at work, they look after 20+ office buildings. It’s not that hard a job to do and all our offices are always in great shape with any issues sorted promptly.

Has Heck not even thought about having someone in this position?

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â