Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

The contrast between Heck and Emery is stark. One goes out of his way to bring the fans with him. The other creates controversy and friction with the fans.

And I am sorry but I think Unai Emery leading us to  Europe 2 years in a row and the top tier of European football for the first time since 1983,  means the current President of Business Operations has a pretty clear advantage over previous CEOs negotiating our commercial deals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's also worth noting that fan pressure (and a very upset Thierry Henry) got Mr Heck fired from his last job in football - he'll naturally be very sensitive to any noise that's directly aimed at him.

I presume he used his personal account there as well to plug what he was doing for the company he worked for. If so, he perhaps hasn't learned his lesson there.

6 minutes ago, GamingDad said:

I believe that Twitter account posted something along the lines of "I may have contracted Aids" following a visit to VP Saturday.

As disgusting as the situation was in the toilets, that is a particularly stupid thing to say and one I would block someone for. It's insensitive, and immensely ignorant of the fact you can't catch HIV from urine. The dude is an idiot, even if the sentiment that the conditions were totally unacceptable is right.

But it comes back to the fact that Heck invited the abuse by using his X account to plug all the "amazing things" he's doing at Villa Park. People will naturally contact him about the crap things at Villa Park too.

Is money spent on fixing the toilets counted as a PSR cost? Will it be considered an SCP cost? Might see some improvement when the new rules come in and it doesn't impact Emery's ability to spend money. Seems to be a very one sided focus from the powers that be, and it's all about on field success.

On 23/08/2024 at 21:45, ender4 said:

I think we know by now that everything that comes out of his mouth is pure nonsense or horse manure.

Correct

And I'm expressing no opinion on whether he's doing a good job or not.
He may or may not be

But entirely separate to that point, I'm agreeing that he seems to talk absolute **** bullshit at every opportunity

• Like 2

On 25/08/2024 at 10:31, lainux said:

The balance sheet might look better, but at the expense of slowly draining the soul of villa park..

No draining going on in the bogs. 

• Haha 2

I know ultimately the buck stops with Heck as he's obviously the " President  but surely there is delegation?

Is Hatton the one who is actually supposed to oversee that Operations are carried out to standard on the ground?

47 minutes ago, GamingDad said:

I believe that Twitter account posted something along the lines of "I may have contracted Aids" following a visit to VP Saturday.

No he didn’t. He posted the below with a video of piss everywhere across the toilets. Absolutely no reason to be blocked and shows Heck for what he is. 

“I love my team

I really do @AVFCOfficial this is actually a disgrace when I paying almost £2000 l expect to be able to A. Enter my stadium without these ridiculous queues and B. Be able to take a pee without swimming in it and catching allsorts

I'll send you the cleaning bill”

• Like 2

Heck has been a public relations disaster ever since he was appointed at Villa. 

Funnily he was also a disaster at a previous club a few years ago and was so bad he was sacked from that club.  

I guess he never learnt from that experience, some open are just too ignorant to look at themselves and br critical of their own failings.  So he probably thinks he’s been doing an amazing job.

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

No he didn’t. He posted the below with a video of piss everywhere across the toilets. Absolutely no reason to be blocked and shows Heck for what he is. 

“I love my team

I really do @AVFCOfficial this is actually a disgrace when I paying almost £2000 l expect to be able to A. Enter my stadium without these ridiculous queues and B. Be able to take a pee without swimming in it and catching allsorts

I'll send you the cleaning bill”

Actually yes, he did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Actually yes, he did. 

The classic VT aids reference!

Shoe aids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I presume he used his personal account there as well to plug what he was doing for the company he worked for. If so, he perhaps hasn't learned his lesson there.

As disgusting as the situation was in the toilets, that is a particularly stupid thing to say and one I would block someone for. It's insensitive, and immensely ignorant of the fact you can't catch HIV from urine. The dude is an idiot, even if the sentiment that the conditions were totally unacceptable is right.

But it comes back to the fact that Heck invited the abuse by using his X account to plug all the "amazing things" he's doing at Villa Park. People will naturally contact him about the crap things at Villa Park too.

Is money spent on fixing the toilets counted as a PSR cost? Will it be considered an SCP cost? Might see some improvement when the new rules come in and it doesn't impact Emery's ability to spend money. Seems to be a very one sided focus from the powers that be, and it's all about on field success.

I told a girlfriend that I caught crabs off a toilet seat and passed them on to her in all innocence so see where this type of nonsense thinking comes from (if he was serious) but will not help solve the real problem, it can not be that hard not to have urinals full of piss. Most of the bogs are full of bangers and mash as well and do not flush  

It's a massive shame we've got an obvious downgrade in appointing this guy when everywhere else in the club is improving the staff or the staff are rising to the new levels of the club. 

Hopefully this position is just behind on finding the perfect appointment and we'll look back on Heck as the Gerrard of his role in 5 years when we're raking in revenue following a historic quadruple. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Fair enough. I didn’t see the post in the comments but either way that’s still no reason to block him. He blatantly blocked him for sharing the video imo. 

No defense, but with the way twitter works I think you see all the contents of tweets and retweets on a person's page.

So regardless of how bad thing's are, you can understand why he probably wouldn't want his page covered in photos of flthy and pissy toilets as well as comments like that.

Hopefully the point gets through though 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â