Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

Finally. That wasn't too tricky was it.

47 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I don't follow anybody on twiXter, but I bet I learned the date of the reveal on here within a couple of hours of when he announced it.  I wouldn't have learned of it any faster if it had been announced on the official site.   I understand many of you follow the club's official site and don't follow Heck, so you probably could have learned about it a couple of hours sooner if it had been announced there.   If that's enough to send you into a tailspin.

Not everyone uses Villatalk.

Heck announced the kit 3 days before Aston Villa.

That is the wrong way to do things. It's strange to think otherwise.

4 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He’s taken over the club’s X account now!!

Nah, couldn't be Heck. They used proper English and provided actual details...

:trollface:

9 hours ago, il_serpente said:

FFS.  I can't wait for the season to start so VT'ers argue about which players are shit and why rather than which executives are shit and why.

I'm not one who gets all excited about kit launches or regularly buys Villa merchandise, and maybe that's why I have trouble understanding all the hullabaloo about the fact that the date of the kit reveal was posted on Heck's twitter rather than the club's.   I don't follow anybody on twiXter, but I bet I learned the date of the reveal on here within a couple of hours of when he announced it.  I wouldn't have learned of it any faster if it had been announced on the official site.   I understand many of you follow the club's official site and don't follow Heck, so you probably could have learned about it a couple of hours sooner if it had been announced there.   If that's enough to send you into a tailspin, God bless you.

I'm neither a Heck fan nor detractor, and I'm sure he's not above making some mistakes, but it seems to me he is for the most part accomplishing what he's been tasked to do.  His remit is to grow revenue so the club can cement its place in the top 4-6 and hopefully be a true title contender.   Unfortunately, in today's world that's not always compatible with optimizing the experience of local, long time supporters.  I completely sympathize with those of you who may feel like you're being forgotten by the club you've supported all your lives, but the fact is that the owners (who rescued the club from possible administration and got it to the CL in 5 years) have decided to go all in on joining the top tier.  Heck is the face of that and the obvious target for discontent when that objective diminishes the connection between local, long-time supporters and the club.  But he's doing what the owners want.  Money pretty much drives sustained success in football these days, and unfortunately the pursuit of revenue leads to strategies that cater to the global market, not the local support.

Jeez. Marry him why don't ya.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Ultimatley he's the President of Business Operations and it's his team that oversaw the kit launch and for once we've done it in a way that speaks to a global audience whilst respecting the locality and traditions, it speaks to Birmingham but also the world. I have to say we are becoming big time and I think this Sock Cucker needs credit where credit is due. He might be a prickly fella who doesn't get everything right but the big things like this, him and his team are smashing out of the park.

We got a good shirt from a decent manufacturer that was launched better than any we've had before. Took a little while to get there, but I agree 100% - he does deserve credit for this. 

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Ultimatley he's the President of Business Operations and it's his team that oversaw the kit launch and for once we've done it in a way that speaks to a global audience whilst respecting the locality and traditions, it speaks to Birmingham but also the world. I have to say we are becoming big time and I think this Sock Cucker needs credit where credit is due. He might be a prickly fella who doesn't get everything right but the big things like this, him and his team are smashing out of the park.

Yep agree. He might get a lot wrong with his manner and his words, but he's got this spot on. Well done Heck. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â