Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

Do we think he believes himself when he comes out with some of this? 

I don't know but an alarming number of our own fans seem to think very highly of it.

As someone who remembers Ellis I find it remarkable how similar the characteristics are and how different the reaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Heck interview with some unknown podcaster

- We were on track to launch our new kits after the euro's.

- Due to lack of interest and demand from the fans, we moved the launch back to August.

- The data and fan survey shows that the fans prefer to wait till August to see the new kit.

Preferably end of August.  That's the right time.

If Heck delivers on the business side of things he can act like a toss I don't care. In fact I have come to appreciate that most successful people in those areas are w*nkers for the most part - it is almost a requirement. 

I don't think him being American does him any favours.

I genuinely don’t understand the grief that this guy gets. Significant revenue growth is absolutely essential to our goals as a club. Our owners want us to consistently compete at the highest level of football. That cannot happen until our revenue increases significantly. Chris Heck is the only person, in the last 40 years, to make significant strategic changes, that are driving the revenue growth required to close the gap and enable us to compete. He is doing a splendid job as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Heck interview with some unknown podcaster

- We were on track to launch our new kits after the euro's.

- Due to lack of interest and demand from the fans, we moved the launch back to August.

- The data and fan survey shows that the fans prefer to wait till August to see the new kit.

Where can I find this interview?

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I genuinely don’t understand the grief that this guy gets. Significant revenue growth is absolutely essential to our goals as a club. Our owners want us to consistently compete at the highest level of football. That cannot happen until our revenue increases significantly. Chris Heck is the only person, in the last 40 years, to make significant strategic changes, that are driving the revenue growth required to close the gap and enable us to compete. He is doing a splendid job as far as I’m concerned.

I guess it's because there's more than one facet to the job he's doing - and he's choosing to ignore anything but the focus on increasing income.

He's said that everything he's doing is for the fans, and you can see how that argument works, but it's probably more honest to say that everything he's doing is for the team - it's the team that benefits from increased revenues. For fans, winning is fantastic, but it's also about the experience and about belonging and feeling like a part of the club, it's about the people you sit next to and 'being Villa', about knowing what's happening and feeling involved as a fan, good communication, good services, a good experience in ticketing, merchandise, matchdays and the like - it's about pride and about being at the heart of what the club is.

He's to a large extent sacrificed all of the that in favour of making money for the team, because a winning team is what fans want - and I get that, but I'm not sure it's the only thing that fans want.

He'd be absolutely brilliant as someone employed to drive revenues, working for a CEO.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Difference being the results. If Heck delivers on the business side of things he can act like a toss I don't care. In fact I have come to appreciate that most successful people in those areas are w*nkers for the most part - it is almost a requirement. 

I don't think him being American does him any favours.

It just seems odd to me that he is coming out with easily verifiable bullshit in every interview he does recently.

That said, I am more than happy to give credit where it's due so hopefully he keeps increasing revenue.

You're probably right with him being American, but it's also a bit unfair on his compatriots to not acknowledge he is slightly more bombastic than the average 

19 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I agree that he shouldn't be personally blamed for doing his very best to achieve the goals set for him by the owners.

Unfortunately he is the public face of a situation beyond his control which I find to be a bit sickening, namely that because of a) stupid PSR rules and b) the fact that footballer's earn more in a week than a nurse earns in several years just for kicking a ball around due to there ben no wage cap, loyal fans have been kicked out of their season ticket seats, many fans on the waiting list will probably never get a season ticket, and many local fans will be priced out due to matchday ticket prices, all while the local community feel of the Club is slowly eroded away.

Unfortunately, he hasn't helped himself by saying things like "we are protecting our local fans" but then displacing season ticket holders as just one example or that he discovered the Holte Suite on an adventure with Indiana Jones.

When I heard him on that American podcast and he said the "anti-American thing is real", I did feel a bit sorry for him and questioned whether he is effectively being bullied by us fans.

On the other hand, we don't know the truth about the cock sucker-gate letter and I could be feeling sorry for someone who doesn't deserve my sympathy.

At least I've made him a nice T-shirt.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess it's because there's more than one facet to the job he's doing - and he's choosing to ignore anything but the focus on increasing income.

He's said that everything he's doing is for the fans, and you can see how that argument works, but it's probably more honest to say that everything he's doing is for the team - it's the team that benefits from increased revenues. For fans, winning is fantastic, but it's also about the experience and about belonging and feeling like a part of the club, it's about the people you sit next to and 'being Villa', about knowing what's happening and feeling involved as a fan, good communication, good services, a good experience in ticketing, merchandise, matchdays and the like - it's about pride and about being at the heart of what the club is.

He's to a large extent sacrificed all of the that in favour of making money for the team, because a winning team is what fans want - and I get that, but I'm not sure it's the only thing that fans want.

He'd be absolutely brilliant as someone employed to drive revenues, working for a CEO.

Good post. Some well made points. I guess for me the most important thing is the football and last season was maybe the best I have experienced. That’s down to  high class players being coached by a world class team. That doesn’t sustain unless the revenue increases. I accept that others may value other facets more highly though which explains some negativity around this guy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Criticising him for spouting obvious (and pointless) lies does not equate to criticising his commercial ability.

If the shirt release delay is down to the club and we just miss our shirt sales target so lose about half our sponsorship deal than that would be a situation where he could be fairly criticised on the revenue side of things 

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Criticising him for spouting obvious (and pointless) lies does not equate to criticising his commercial ability.

If the shirt release delay is down to the club and we just miss our shirt sales target so lose about half our sponsorship deal than that would be a situation where he could be fairly criticised on the revenue side of things 

But that’s pure speculation. Villa are flying. Why can’t we just enjoy the numerous advantages of that and ignore the minor white noise. This is the best team we have had for decades.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

But that’s pure speculation. Villa are flying. Why can’t we just enjoy the numerous advantages of that and ignore the minor white noise. This is the best team we have had for decades.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to prejudge a speculative scenario. Commercial stuff is OK for me at the moment and I had no great issues with the badge.

I just don't think that stance is at odds with pointing out that some of the stuff he comes out with is a lie, obviously so and just a bit odd.

• Like 1

Don't give a flying **** that he's American. Some of my favourite posters here are our American friends.

I care that he lies in interviews and is alienating a whole load or our historically most loyal fans. Yes, maybe they're the fans who don't contribute the most money in times of success, but they're the only ones that contribute it in times of "failure".

Yes, we hope those bad times never come back.  And maybe they won't if we find ourselves the right side of whatever the next  scum-6 divide is.

But throwing all our eggs in the basket of increased revenues at any cost to achieve that is a bitter pill to swallow, irrespective of where he comes from. I'm sure there are less intrusive ways he could have done what he has, without a major impact on the bottom line. The balance feels off. The performance Unai is delivering is masking the bad sentiment that would exist otherwise. It won't always be this way. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Good post. Some well made points. I guess for me the most important thing is the football and last season was maybe the best I have experienced. That’s down to  high class players being coached by a world class team. That doesn’t sustain unless the revenue increases. I accept that others may value other facets more highly though which explains some negativity around this guy.

I'd agree - I guess the only bit missing from what he's doing is in that phrase "I have experienced".

The club describe the football side of things as a speeding train that the business side are desperately trying to keep up with, they're not doing too badly at that, but the 'experience' side of things for fans is, I think lagging behind. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Chris Heck says know your role and shut your mouth, because that's the bottom line!

Does he call himself The Heck?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â