Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sorry but this is bullshit OBE. Fear mongering as if Season Tickets will end. There are people who are picking up season tickets for the first time if someone else doesn't renew. Season ticket holders are needed as you need a core set of fans going to all the games. Those tickets would be subsided and that will continue.

To start saying the club sees ticket holders as parasites is just bullshit and you know it. The club can and does control the price of season tickets and they know season ticket holders are a key part of the fabric of the club.

But.

More money for PSR.

Supply and demand.

Disabled parking.

Money money money.

Local fans don't matter, only day trippers who will leave wondering where the atmosphere went.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sorry but this is bullshit OBE. Fear mongering as if Season Tickets will end. There are people who are picking up season tickets for the first time if someone else doesn't renew. Season ticket holders are needed as you need a core set of fans going to all the games. Those tickets would be subsidised and that will continue.

To start saying the club sees ticket holders as parasites is just bullshit and you know it. The club can and does control the price of season tickets and they know season ticket holders are a key part of the fabric of the club.

You are completely wrong. OBE is 100% right. The past 2 years this is exactly what has happened at Villa and will continue to happen. Tiered memberships are what will replace season tickets most likely.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a move at League level to reduce season ticket holding to 50% of capacity at all stadiums.

Villa aren't currently making unrenewed season tickets available for resale to the best of my knowledge.

We've gone from almost 30,000 season ticket holders to around 27,000 and I think the club would ideally like less.

At some point, someone will get rid of season tickets, most likely within the next ten years -  they'll not get rid of core support, they'll put in tiers of memberships, but season tickets are becoming something that won't be part of the games future. At Premier league meetings, they refer to us as 'legacy fans'.

Same as Liverpool then in regards to season ticket numbers.

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You are completely wrong. OBE is 100% right. The past 2 years this is exactly what has happened at Villa and will continue to happen. Tiered memberships are what will replace season tickets most likely.

And they’ve already said there is going to be news on a reshuffle of the membership scheme.  They just didn’t have time to get it in place for this season, but I bet next summer the existing membership scheme won’t be the same.

By news, they mean great news for Heck and more expensive for us members.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It all ties in with the North American suite tiers they have. You can get in to a Blue Jays game through a specific entrance with a certain credit card. It's part of the "perks". Can see it going a similar way. We kind of already have the membership and certain access to tickets earlier than others etc. That's where they can tie you in, and entice you with the perks etc. Not just buy a season ticket and that's it.

@CVByrne isn't 100% wrong and I'm definitely not 100% right - we're speculating on the games future and how we'll fit into it under the leadership of Mr Heck, who I think it is fair to say is ruthless in his pursuit of his goals, almost regardless of the noise that creates.

If anything, given that we often see things quite differently (which is one of the reasons I really like him), I'm slightly surprised that CV doesn't see the reduction in season tickets as a good thing.

As a non season ticket holder, and someone who hasn’t been to a game in 8 years (I have no one to go with anymore, and going alone isn’t something I do), when it came to looking at buying a ticket for a home game, and just having a play with the champions league games, the process of buying a ticket is a bloody mess. The amount of different options that are available for memberships, hospitality, etc, it’s completely insane. 

I’m a big advocate for change, even though my recent attendance to games probably means that my opinion on the matter is null and void, but if they were to adopt a new modern system then I’d be all for it! But then again, I’d also be in support of a stadium move if it meant increasing capacity and making transport links easier for all. 

Edited by Tayls

On 17/09/2024 at 09:09, alreadyexists said:

You’re quite right unfortunately. Hard to take a stance to say ‘tickets are too expensive, but I bought one anyway’. 
It would take the resolve of the majority on the fanbase to make it work and boycott tickets…. But this is the CL that we’ve been wanting and waiting for for years so no one is going to boycott a CL game. It sucks, but there are enough Villa fans that they will sell out with the inflated prices and there would still be another 20k+ people waiting to snap their hand off. I feel gouged by the prices, and I hate that people are being priced out, but Heck knows that people will pay it and he’s right 

I remember the marches against HDE by the " Villa Fans Combined " Group.

The ground was full ,not taking a blind bit of notice, and some fans spat at them.

Good luck with the protest.....All it might do, is just spoil your day, and your fun with it.

In my experience,  protests against the club are fanciful.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a move at League level to reduce season ticket holding to 50% of capacity at all stadiums.

Villa aren't currently making unrenewed season tickets available for resale to the best of my knowledge.

We've gone from almost 30,000 season ticket holders to around 27,000 and I think the club would ideally like less.

At some point, someone will get rid of season tickets, most likely within the next ten years -  they'll not get rid of core support, they'll put in tiers of memberships, but season tickets are becoming something that won't be part of the games future. At Premier league meetings, they refer to us as 'legacy fans'.

The thin end of the wedge....I can see it coming.

It might eventually move towards "first come first served" in a dutch auction.

I say, just enjoy it while you can.....before the stampede.

Hopefully not but, nothing would surprise me, anymore......that's my cue to bail out, if that happens...but I might be with the HEITS by then.

We see STH as loyal fans....They may see them as discount fodder or comfort zone charlies.

Edited by TRO

After 30 years, and a lot of pain following Villa, I am so frustrated that they have sucked all the joy out just when I should be enjoying our day in the sun. Frustrated is the wrong word, I can't think of better one. I can't even be bothered debating the issue any more. I'm not thick, I know the financial aspect, but they could at least shaft us with a smile.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

It might eventually move towards "first come first served" in a dutch auction.

I say, just enjoy it while you can.....before the stampede.

Hopefully not but, nothing would surprise me, anymore......that's my cue to bail out, if that happens.

We see STH as loyal fans....They may see them as discount fodder or comfort zone charlies.

I’d probably deserve it for the amount of times my dad would bung 50p (or 10 Bob) to the gate guide as he carried me in his arms into the HOLTE many many many years ago

Edited by Follyfoot

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I’d probably deserve it for the amount of times my dad would bung 50p to the gate guide as he carried me in his arms into the HOLTE many many many years ago

Trouble is AI robots don't take bribes.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Elitism, here we come.

38 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Welcome to come along with me for a day if you want mate if you like cocaine,  alcohol poisoning a good punch up and lady boys you’re in for a treat 👍

Don't do it, the lady boys aren't real

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â