Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

I don't think Switzerland allow gambling sponsorships on shirts? Hence the one off for tonight with Acorns on the shirts?

Nothing to do with Heck not getting a European sponsor. We had the same last season where a couple of games we had Acorns on the shirts.

29 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just to play devil's advocate on this slightly, how much would a sponsor pay to be on our shirts for only 8 (guaranteed) midweek European games? Is there much of a market for such a limited sponsorship deal? Are there any examples where other clubs have made good money from such deals? Would it be worth more than the good PR we get for having Acorns on the shirts instead? I genuinely don't know.

Betano are paying us £20m to be our main sponsor for ~80 games over two seasons, if we got the same rate for the European sponsor over 8 games that would be £2m, does that cover the price hikes? Don't get me wrong, every little helps in the situation we are in, hence the price hikes, but that £2m wouldn't move the needle all that much.

I think we should have more sponsorships by now, and that is something you can definitley use in arguments regarding Heck, but I'm not completely convinced a European only sponsor is a particularly easy thing to sell at the money we'd be wanting, we could take any old thing I suppose, but then we don't want to cheapen our brand being sponsored by Dave's Chippy (no offense Dave). 

I just think it's a bit early in our growth to be expecting massive money from this particular situation, I think the likes of Man Utd etc. would probably be able to attract someone to pay the big bucks for a very limited time, but not us just yet, in time hopefully.

I'm very happy Acorns will be on our shirts, for what will hopefully be some amazing memories.

Also would Betano have agreed to pay £20m if another sponsor was going to be on the front of our shirts for the big matches if we progress to the knock-out phases of the cup?  It would be almost certain that most highlights from the season would then show a different company on the front of our shirts.  Whereas the name of a local charity means that Betano can still share any European pictures / highlights without worrying about the fact that a soft drinks company are getting all the exposure.  It's a lot easier for them to turn it into a good news story for their company this way.

23 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

I don't think Switzerland allow gambling sponsorships on shirts? Hence the one off for tonight with Acorns on the shirts?

Nothing to do with Heck not getting a European sponsor. We had the same last season where a couple of games we had Acorns on the shirts.

I can't believe that Heck hasn't personally arranged a referendum in Switzerland to over-rule the gambling sponsorship ban specifically for tonight's match.  Heck out!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, blunther said:

I like seeing Acorns on the kit, but this just means Heck has failed to get us a European sponsor (which could have brought in way more than the ticket hikes)

So (playing Devil's advocate here) is VT saying that Heck should be sacked for sanctioning a price hike for disabled parking (favouring profit over the disadvantaged) and should also be sacked for not getting a sponsorship deal for a few European matches and instead using it as an opportunity to promote a local charity (so not favouring profit over families undergoing awful circumstances)??

Just now, allani said:

So (playing Devil's advocate here) is VT saying that Heck should be sacked for sanctioning a price hike for disabled parking (favouring profit over the disadvantaged) and should also be sacked for not getting a sponsorship deal for a few European matches and instead using it as an opportunity to promote a local charity (so not favouring profit over families undergoing awful circumstances)??

No, I’m saying he’s doing a poor job if he’s happy to raise about £20k from trying to fleece disabled fans and can’t get more than that from a sponsorship for some European matches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just to play devil's advocate on this slightly, how much would a sponsor pay to be on our shirts for only 8 (guaranteed) midweek European games? Is there much of a market for such a limited sponsorship deal? Are there any examples where other clubs have made good money from such deals? Would it be worth more than the good PR we get for having Acorns on the shirts instead? I genuinely don't know.

Betano are paying us £20m to be our main sponsor for ~80 games over two seasons, if we got the same rate for the European sponsor over 8 games that would be £2m, does that cover the price hikes? Don't get me wrong, every little helps in the situation we are in, hence the price hikes, but that £2m wouldn't move the needle all that much.

I think we should have more sponsorships by now, and that is something you can definitley use in arguments regarding Heck, but I'm not completely convinced a European only sponsor is a particularly easy thing to sell at the money we'd be wanting, we could take any old thing I suppose, but then we don't want to cheapen our brand being sponsored by Dave's Chippy (no offense Dave). 

I just think it's a bit early in our growth to be expecting massive money from this particular situation, I think the likes of Man Utd etc. would probably be able to attract someone to pay the big bucks for a very limited time, but not us just yet, in time hopefully.

I'm very happy Acorns will be on our shirts, for what will hopefully be some amazing memories.

Edit: For clarification, as others have kindly pointed out, it's only certain (I presume away) games, where we aren't able to use our Betano sponsorship, depending upon the country the game is hosted, some countries like Switzerland, Italy and Spain do not permit Betting Sponsors, so in all liklehood a European sponsor would only cover a handful of games, the final figure would depend on how far we progress  and who we draw.

Spurs got £5m for their CL shirt sponsor.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Spurs got £5m for their CL shirt sponsor.

I saw your post and had a look for that but nothing to corroborate. Also, our situation appears to different in that there's only certain countries we can't use our Betano sponsor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I saw your post and had a look for that but nothing to corroborate. Also, our situation appears to different in that there's only certain countries we can't use our Betano sponsor.

Yes very different. They split the sponsor on purpose so I guess tendered out for two different sponsors. The amount might have been conditional on them progressing to wherever they did in the end. 

Just read about Blues plans for that sports city. That's a really really good move for any club.

It's the sort of thing we should be looking at right now. If it's possible in Birmingham, it shouldn't be bloody Blues doing it.

It would be transformative.

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Just read about Blues plans for that sports city. That's a really really good move for any club.

It's the sort of thing we should be looking at right now. If it's possible in Birmingham, it shouldn't be bloody Blues doing it.

You sound rattled. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd like to think our CEO wouldn't go public on plans so fantastical they make Fantasia look like a non-fiction film. 

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

I'd like to think our CEO wouldn't go public on plans so fantastical they make Fantasia look like a non-fiction film. 

I'd like to think he's thinking long term for the club. Not short term for his CV.

Their silly plans probably won't happen. Doesn't mean it's not a very good plan.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I'd like to think he's thinking long term for the club. Not short term for his CV.

Their silly plans probably won't happen. Doesn't mean it's not a very good plan.

I'd like to think if he is thinking long-term, which I'm sure he is, he would keep the plans internal and not tell the world to the potential detriment of Villa. 

A plan that has no semblence of reality isn't a good plan, right?

13 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I'd like to think if he is thinking long-term, which I'm sure he is, he would keep the plans internal and not tell the world to the potential detriment of Villa. 

A plan that has no semblence of reality isn't a good plan, right?

It also makes you wonder what Atarios and their help and plans would look like 🤔

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Yeah, we defintely didn't do that with the north stand or villa live. Admittedly that was the old CEO, but we've got form for it under these owners. 

Back in topic, Heck needs to be capitalising on our great start and getting those sponsors on board that will be able to get the reflected glory of our impending run to the knock out stages of this tournament. Before we play Bayern. 

Obviously, if we beat Bayern he can start targeting better still :).

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Bar a new stadium which will end up being value engineered down what is so special about the supposed plans ? We have the brookvale academy and an historic ground and state of the art training facility next to the belfry.Heck & co will have looked at the sums of staying Vs moving and will do what’s best for the long term benefit of the club.  

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Any actions in particular he's taken to make you sure?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â