Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

To properly protest the only thing they'd take notice of would be not turning up. Not buying the tickets in the first place. Anything else is pissing in the wind and won't make a blind bit of difference.

You’re quite right unfortunately. Hard to take a stance to say ‘tickets are too expensive, but I bought one anyway’. 
It would take the resolve of the majority on the fanbase to make it work and boycott tickets…. But this is the CL that we’ve been wanting and waiting for for years so no one is going to boycott a CL game. It sucks, but there are enough Villa fans that they will sell out with the inflated prices and there would still be another 20k+ people waiting to snap their hand off. I feel gouged by the prices, and I hate that people are being priced out, but Heck knows that people will pay it and he’s right 

52 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This is a good article

I've replied to that post and asked Dan what he would have liked Villa fans, including him, to do to raise levels of resistance. 

He's yet to reply.

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This isn't a Chris Heck thing so this isn't really aimed at him. But the sooner the club stops telling everyone we're a "big club" the better

Big clubs don't have to tell everyone they're big

I've got plenty of things to throw at Heck, but whatever you can say about him, the club is heading in the right direction at the moment. We shouldn't have to tell people we're a big club. Just act like one

This was exactly my point too. Taking a photo of Villa shirts hanging on a rack in London and proclaiming we're a big club for me has the complete opposite effect. Can you imagine any of the other 'big clubs' head honchos patting themselves on the back because we have shirts in the corner of a shop in a city that isn't Birmingham.

I find it quite embarrassing. 

26 minutes ago, Rodders said:

To properly protest the only thing they'd take notice of would be not turning up. Not buying the tickets in the first place. Anything else is pissing in the wind and won't make a blind bit of difference.

Agreed.

But fans are understandably extremely reluctant to do that.

Because it means missing out on our first champions league games in 40 years. And it punishes the team and the manager who don't deserve it

It's one of the things the club is taking advantage of with the pricing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Do you not think so?

There's a lot of 'fan language' that seems odd to me coming from highly paid professionals working in leadership positions in the sport.

I think I'd throw up if one of our board tweeted that an opposition player was a 'dusty baller'.

He called Barkley a DOB when he walked in the door😛

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Avcol said:

This was exactly my point too. Taking a photo of Villa shirts hanging on a rack in London and proclaiming we're a big club for me has the complete opposite effect. Can you imagine any of the other 'big clubs' head honchos patting themselves on the back because we have shirts in the corner of a shop in a city that isn't Birmingham.

I find it quite embarrassing. 

That’s my issue with the star on the Villa badge.  Notice only Forest and Villa have them. 

• Like 1

I posed this question to ChatGPT. Interesting output, especially "churn risk":

"In business, imagine if a company has a waiting list of potential customers who wish to use a service, one that requires membership, and that that membership is currently fully allocated, so preventing new subscribers. Now let’s say that the current list of active members has an annual income of X, but the potential customers has a greater one of Y. Is it feasible that a company might start a filtering out process by, for example, increasing existing prices that slowly forces out existing members allowing more affluent new members to join?"

To wheel this back to Heck and on topic, I personally think he's doing well at the job he was brought in to do: We can turn a blind eye to our saviours all we want but this is their vision for us - they have not being subbing us to the tune of millions because they are philanthropists. Heck is the button man.

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

This is a good article

Let’s do some rough sums. A reduction in price of £20 for each ticket for the Villa matches in question would cost the club just over 20% of the £15.6m they receive from Uefa for qualifying for the Champions League. Factoring in prize money, just two group‑stage wins would more than cover such a reduction, a salient point that might well have been raised with Chris Heck at the meeting he was invited to attend with the fan advisory board in May regarding ticket prices, if only Villa’s president of business operations had deigned to turn up. Villa argued that the chief operating officer, Ben Hatton, who was among three club representatives to attend, was the most suitable person to have been there.

A salient point would be we do the sums on how much home grown talent we need to sell before June Month End to avoid a PSR breach points penalty. That income (and remember players salaries go up when we are playing in CL so costs rise) is badly needed right now.  

When Villa Academy announced on social media last week that its whip-round had been a success, the red cards had been ordered and its protest at the beginning of the Everton match was ready to go ahead, the post was not so much greeted with apathy as outright hostility by fellow fans. It seemed that in an apparent volte‑face from the previous week, they had decided any visible act of dissent in the stands might undermine the efforts of Unai Emery and his team.

I'm happy the majority of fans agreed, the ticket prices were not a major issue and there was no support for any kind of fan protest.

Hopefully people can let Heck do his job

Edited by CVByrne

Fans are happy to pay £90 on a hoody which holds no sentimental attachment yet moan they have to pay similar for a ticket  to watch out first elite european campaign in a generation for a lifetime of memories … It’s not great but also understandable the route Heck has taken regarding pricing of tickets - boycotts and protests are not gunna plug the gap in finances 

29 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm happy the majority of fans agreed, the ticket prices were not a major issue and there was no support for any kind of fan protest.

Not a major issue now (for the club anyway) and not worthy of a protest. 

But just wait what happens if we ever turn shit again. Heck and maybe even the owners will be long gone by then. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not a major issue now and certainly not worthy of a protest. 

But just wait what happens if we ever turn shit again. Heck and maybe even the owners will be long gone by then. 

I'd say Emery and the team would take the abuse if the team turned shit. Not Heck and NSWE

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hopefully people can let Heck do his job

Most fans don't agree.

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Fans are happy to pay £90 on a hoody which holds no sentimental attachment yet moan they have to pay similar for a ticket  to watch out first elite european campaign in a generation for a lifetime of memories … It’s not great but also understandable the route Heck has taken regarding pricing of tickets - boycotts and protests are not gunna plug the gap in finances 

I suspect very few of the fans paying the tickets are the same ones buying the hoodie.

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Agreed. I just spent £360 for 4 tickets for the family to see Marry Poppins the musical next year, so comparison wise that money to watch Aston Villa in the Champions League tickets, is far better value.

Unfortunately after a vote, Marry Poppins won by 3 votes to 1 😪

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm talking years down the line if we declined badly again. Those fans that have been priced out of attending aren't coming back.

Well yes, years of decline you'd imagine the club have made some bad appointments or stopped investing the money in the squad etc..

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â