Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

Horrible clearing in the woods, knew he'd have summat to say today. Making out ticket prices make that much difference to overall revenue. The sooner he buggers off the better

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Disingenuous.

Firstly, club words from the previous FAB. "There are no FFP decisions". So why raising revenue is being brought up I don't know.

Making <£10m while pissing off the match going fanbase is a net negative.

Interested in Emery's words on this. He'll be fed the same nonsense that these tickets are helping us compete - whether he says that himself, who knows.

Plenty more coverage to come with the demonstration.

8 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Heck is unfortunately bang on with his social media post to the supporters. As much as it absolutely sucks, there is no way around the negative parts of football under the current rules.

We have to sell talented youngsters, we have to extract the maximum amount for ticket prices, we have to gouge everywhere possible, because that's the only way to get anywhere near keeping up with our more established wealthy rivals.

Until the FFP structure of football changes, there is no way around this unless we're happy being an also-ran

Ah cool, so tickets will come back down to below Arsenal/Liverpool prices when PSR changes?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Horrible clearing in the woods, knew he'd have summat to say today. Making out ticket prices make that much difference to overall revenue. The sooner he buggers off the better

It does make a difference though, whether you want to accept it or not, or whether it's right or not.

It's 13 to 14 mill over 4 games at least. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It does make a difference though, whether you want to accept it or not, or whether it's right or not.

It's 13 to 14 mill over 4 games at least. Lol

Nah mate, he's a clown. Not justified at all, I've just worked out how much I'll be spending this season and it's made my eyes bleed. And I'm just a GA member with my lad. 

Yes it's my choice and always will be my choice but that amount of money will not stop us having to sell a player next summer or the one after that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If you can't see the passive aggressiveness in that statement you're a **** moron.

Basically sold out so shut the **** up you stupid sock cookers.

It's not even sold out. I'm still on the portal and there are tickets available.

He was itching to get that statement out

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I can see both sides of the picture here.

Yes it's infuriating having to pay a huge increase for our tickets, especially coupled with the crazy cost of just about everything like food, Gas, Electric etc. Especially as those things are unavoidable costs in the main. I also feel for those with large families, particularly those with several aged over 18! That must really sting!

On the other side of the coin, naturally as a lifelong fan & ST holder I desperately want to see us competing at the top table again. I was in Rotterdam in 1982 and this was in reality a brief instance of success over a 2 year period. Then I suffered the 40 years of under-ambition in the Ellis years. Then the "just miss" years under Lerner & O'Neill & bizarreness of the 🫃💯💩 Tony Xia period. So to finally have a chance to see sustained success I am more than willing personally to fork out a few extra quid if it means we achieve that. Can I afford it? Not really if i'm honest but I'll find a way to generate a bit more. Flog a bit of stuff on Ebay or whatever 😂 

Where there's a will there's a way ;) 

Problem is that Heck is thinking if (as a season ticket holder) you want the club to sustain more success and you love the club then you should forfeit buying your Champions League ticket at £79 and let a day tripper buy it for £97 so he can make an extra £18 per ticket so really you are just being selfish mate 😉😂. You are holding this club back with your discount tickets…..😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't agree with the prices, they're going too hard and too fast with the all this corporatisation on the back of a positive upturn in results.  However it's not like this is being done for greed and us fans are being exploited for profit to be extracted by evil shareholders.

It absolutely is to do with FFP.  Aston Villa FC has money, they just can't spend it and getting extra revenue where possible is the only way to combat that.

The worst thing is that you believe Heck wouldn’t be charging this amount even if FFP didn’t exist 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Heck's job is to raise those revenues, fair enough, but here's the thing, if he'd priced all the CL tickets at the same rate, the one in brackets that season ticket holders pay, then the press would have struggled to make much of it. The top price ticket would have been £79.00 and while that's expensive, it's not as much fun as the £97.00 ticket if you're talksport or the Daily Mail. If he'd done that, it would have affected about 40,000 tickets in total over the four games, which, if you include concessions means he'd have missed out on less than £400,000.

We don't have a training kit sponsor, we have a limited number of partners, we don't have a sponsor for Bodymoor Heath, or a sponsor for our ladies team - the single biggest source of income in the Premier league is sponsorships and partnerships - it brings in more revenue than the TV money does - and we're pretty threadbare there. That's Mr Heck's job, and for the lack of being bale to find £400,000 worth of additional sponsorship, he's upset the fanbase, dragged the name of the club through the mud and killed a whole lot of the positivity about the place that's making us attractive to sponsors in the first place.

At the moment, we're paying for Heck's shortcomings, the shortfall is in the sponsorships he hasn't secured and it's not sustainable to keep punching downwards instead.

Even if Heck did find all that additional sponsorship, the PSR rules dictate that the fans still need to be gouged. We need every single pound in our revenue column until we're big enough that it doesn't matter. I acknowledge that it doesn't affect me personally because I live the other side of the world, and it probably just makes what i'm saying more annoying.

The current system is awful, it's completely not fit for purpose and it needs to change. But with the rules as they are, it's just the way it is if we want to be competing for trophies and in the Champions League long term.

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Even if Heck did find all that additional sponsorship, the PSR rules dictate that the fans still need to be gouged. We need every single pound in our revenue column until we're big enough that it doesn't matter. I acknowledge that it doesn't affect me personally because I live the other side of the world, and it probably just makes what i'm saying more annoying.

The current system is awful, it's completely not fit for purpose and it needs to change. But with the rules as they are, it's just the way it is if we want to be competing for trophies and in the Champions League long term.

He's making around £1m extra a game at these UCL games.

What does that get us? Does that make us competitive at the top?

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Heck's job is to raise those revenues, fair enough, but here's the thing, if he'd priced all the CL tickets at the same rate, the one in brackets that season ticket holders pay, then the press would have struggled to make much of it. The top price ticket would have been £79.00 and while that's expensive, it's not as much fun as the £97.00 ticket if you're talksport or the Daily Mail. If he'd done that, it would have affected about 40,000 tickets in total over the four games, which, if you include concessions means he'd have missed out on less than £400,000.

We don't have a training kit sponsor, we have a limited number of partners, we don't have a sponsor for Bodymoor Heath, or a sponsor for our ladies team - the single biggest source of income in the Premier league is sponsorships and partnerships - it brings in more revenue than the TV money does - and we're pretty threadbare there. That's Mr Heck's job, and for the lack of being bale to find £400,000 worth of additional sponsorship, he's upset the fanbase, dragged the name of the club through the mud and killed a whole lot of the positivity about the place that's making us attractive to sponsors in the first place.

At the moment, we're paying for Heck's shortcomings, the shortfall is in the sponsorships he hasn't secured and it's not sustainable to keep punching downwards instead.

It's an interesting take, and I am not in a position, to contest it.

Maybe an opportunity for someone to ask him, why those sponsorship deals have not been secured, would enlighten us.

I am not in favour, of not liking a fella, to muddy the waters on their ability to do a job.....and I am a bit suspicious that could be the case with some views. He is not employed to win a popularity poll, He is there to keep the clubs finances viable.

I am not happy, with the outcome of having to pay more for watching the team, but I am trying to be balanced in my appreciation of the clubs financial gymnastics.....However, I  simply don't know enough meaningful detail to be an activist.

The only people to truly say, whether he is doing his job or not are the owners.....If they stay schtum, I assume they are happy with him. So far they seem to have appointed well.

I find it difficult in this maelstrom, that the owners are not well informed of the discontent, and their apparent silence must be to condone it. Which having faith in the owners, leaves me to believe, there is more to this, than meets the eye.

Please do not misconstrue, my position.....I am not opposed to all the ire from the fans, just unsure of the need for the club to do it.

Edited by TRO

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Exactly if he is going to hide behind the rules and say we have to make it up some how tell us what that it is and how you are going to achieve it apart from milking the fans.

Should he achieve the mythical 400 million a year turnover then anything over that should start seeing ticket prices reduce for GA seats.

The football side if things should have investors falling over themselves at the moment.

Tread carefully please - if your post is MOSTLY about Chris Heck, President of Business Operations, then fine, but if it's mostly about something else, like Tickets, PSR, revenue, protests, parking,  or whatever, then please post it in a more appropriate thread.

This thread is very onerous for moderators and we are trying to keep all threads on VT relevant to their topics, so posting, for example about ticket availability for Bayern in here, instead of in the Bayern tickets thread doesn't serve readers well.

Thanks.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â