Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I fully agree with Simon Jordans line where it's only " Our Club " until things need to be paid for... then suddenly it's the " Owners Club " or in this case " Chris Hecks " club/fault.

Please don't try to muddle my comment with anything to do with disabled parking charges either.

Hopefully none of those fans celebrate if we score... or moan if we lose due to distraction.

There are better avenues to deal with this, than with these dramatics.

Some people deserve wholesome Nationwide Football where they can " Take the club back " and bring football back to it's essence as that is their main concern allegedly.

Obviously just my opinion and i'm open to being totally wrong in it.

You are right Shaun.

We both have a lot to learn from reaching the heights we have….the club and the fans, have much to discuss, in understanding each others position.

We need to talk, before too much misunderstanding enters the fray.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

This is massively small time and something i'd expect the likes of Everton to come up with.

Please don't turn the club into a circus ffs.

Totally agree

• Like 1

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

I bet he doesn’t even turn up to the FAB meeting. Apparently he hardly shows up to them - That’s how seriously he takes engagement with the fans. 

He won't. Would you turn up if you knew you were going to get abused by angry fans?!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am in favour of fan representative groups entering discourse with Chris Heck and attempting to put each others case forward and finding compromise.

There’s no evidence that Heck is remotely interested in that, and significant evidence that he is not at all interested in doing that. The evidence all points to an almost complete disregard from him for actively engaging with supporters on anything other than the most benign and banal items

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are right Shaun.

We both have a lot to learn from reaching the heights we have….the club and the fans, have much to discuss, in understanding each others position.

We need to talk, before too much misunderstanding enters the fray.

Bit too late for that! 

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

This is massively small time and something i'd expect the likes of Everton to come up with.

Please don't turn the club into a circus ffs.

Agreed. It’s very cringey and does nothing. The options are discussion in the correct forum or just don’t turn up. 

16 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

IYKYK

photo-284.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 2

how else are fans supposed to show there disdain at things that are going on at the club ?

ok fan group meetings with the club, discussion when they don't listen?

as much as i appreciate the several groups who represent the fans and give their time up, imo they are a tick box exercise from the club

Heck is just not interested

a visible show at the start of the game, may, just may make certain people take note

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

how else are fans supposed to show there disdain at things that are going on at the club ?

as much as i appreciate the several groups who represent the fans and give their time up, imo they are a tick box exercise from the club

a visible show at the start of the game, may, just may make certain people take note

The most obvious way to show dissatisfaction is fans not put their money in. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, imavillan said:

It's 2024.

Social Media is probably even more effective at spreading messages than internal/in game sabotage.

Or just not turn up to games or buy merch etc

I'm not sure why you would assume they haven't taken note.

They have access to all the things we do.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

22 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Without speaking specifically about this plan for the Everton game, I think it's just a cultural thing in football in this part of the world to see such things as cringe, small time etc when they're rather common in other countries.

Germany is a great example. There are heaps of cases down the years of fans often successfully protesting things such as increased ticket prices with displays, boycotts, or any number of disruptive acts. I think as recently as this year they managed to essentially make the Bundesliga give up its plan of selling its media rights income to a private equity firm by taking some the aforementioned actions.

It's just more commonplace and generally accepted in some places, whereas in England there seems to often be more of an attitude of not wanting to be seen as embarrassing by fans of other clubs or whatever else.

Edited by Indigo

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

There’s no evidence that Heck is remotely interested in that, and significant evidence that he is not at all interested in doing that. The evidence all points to an almost complete disregard from him for actively engaging with supporters on anything other than the most benign and banal items

You are probably more aware of that, than I am.

In such circumstances, I am more liable to cling to the prospect of dialogue, before I jump in with both feet.

If you are right Pete, I fear there will be choppy waters to navigate, and the well being of the club will be at stake. we don’t want division at a time like this.

There is of course a cold and calculated condition, that could exist, which is if we don’t like it, don’t come……If this turns out to be the case, it’s a sad day in the history of the club as we are progressing nicely….I guess the old saying of “ be careful what you wish for” is apt.

Look, I am fortunate enough, to be minimally affected, so far…..but a policy of dynamic pricing does spook me.

i just feel there is room to talk….If that is denied by the club, then we know where we stand, but if that stance is adopted, we must as fans have that communicated to us unambiguously.

Unfortunately, a demonstration of sorts at a game is really the only way to effectively put across the feelings of the fanbase.

It’s easy to say “stop buying merch” or “don’t turn up”, but how noticeable would that be. Even if 25% of the usual match-goers stay home, other fans will just get the tickets, or if they were ST seats then the ground will just look a bit emptier than normal with no clear explanation of the reason.

If 10, 15, 20% of the fans at the game hold up these cards, or throw a tennis ball, or bring an inflatable, or whatever it is, a visible and vocal performance is WAY more noticeable.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, imavillan said:

My point is that let’s just say, He is struggling to raise the finances the expectations of the club are looking for.

stay with me….

We just go on a protest and he wilts under the mass pressure and  (gives in to our claims ) and affects other aspects of the club, we didn’t envisage.

all sort of unseen effects could emanate, from protests or pressure, it doesn’t always equate to the isolated issue in dispute.

At some point we have to trust the club to manage itself.

I am not suggesting, I am never in favour of protest, I just think it maybe too early in a dispute for that…..Dialogue in searching out the best in each other, might still be the prudent move.

If he refuses to enter dialogue, that must reach the fans.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's 2024.

Social Media is probably even more effective at spreading messages than internal/in game sabotage.

Or just not turn up to games or buy merch etc

I'm not sure why you would assume they haven't taken note.

They have access to all the things we do.

i get where you're coming from re social media 

but this game is being televised around the globe and i'm assuming Heck will be there and maybe one or both of the owners. If not maybe they'll watch it on tv.

a visual demonstration at the game where they can all actually see may make a difference

1 minute ago, TRO said:

If he refuses to enter dialogue, that must reach the fans

The FAB has already said he’s refuse to engage on this so we are past that stage.

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â