Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I think from experience part of the issue is that these people in power spend too long looking at data and spreadsheets whilst getting paid handsomely they lose sight and touch with the human element of being a football fan.

Think adding an ex player like Ian Taylor to the board or a true senior position would help massively. Bayern do this well and would only help bridge the divide between execs and fans IMO. 

This is so spot on I'm surprised you came down on Heck's side with UCL ticket prices.

If you didn't think they were acceptable price rises, I misunderstood your posts.

54 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

1000064120_60.jpg

It's more likely than unlikely Heck's names adorns some banners at Villa Park for a few months.

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Got give props to John Townley (who gets some criticism for writing clickbait) for getting the parking story out. Actually got the club to see some of its own bullshit and fix it a bit. It made a change for some fans. Nice work John. 

Agree.

The club will not like that at all. Especially the timing.

He'll be on their hit list going forward. If things were going worse on the pitch, he'd be lucky to get given press credentials.

19 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Aren't you so funny.

I think you miss spelled, "you were correct to have concerns about Chris Heck from early on".

Nah I'm with you on this one.  I was the same about Wyness and got pelters by many on here.  Ok my main rational was  I didn't trust his face but sometimes when you know a bad egg you just know a bad egg! 

I don't like Heck's face.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's clear this wasn't a mistake, due to the fact it happened two weeks ago, but only got press coverage today due to the other debacle they've created. 

They've backtracked because they were caught.  Classic scumbag behaviour, and they're apologising, but they're not sorry or they'd have already fixed the issue before it was highlighted in the press. 

It's things like this that really undo any of the good that Heck does. He'd nearly got me back on side with the kit reveal, the branding being genuinely coherent and consistent across different media, and the latest sponsorship deals he'd signed.

His time at other clubs shows he won't care about the fans. He's not used to an English fanbase, and he's not seemingly learning quick enough to cope with this one.

I completely agree other than the sentiment I’d learning quick enough to “cope” with us. The fans have no real say these days. It’s all lip service and the old school fan just doesn’t matter at all anymore. That isn’t where the money is and ultimately the loyal fans will be a minority at games, like Arsenal. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Also they didn’t really fix the underlining problem of actually charging the disabled fans to park. They just rolled the price back to where it was. 

meh, not cool 

Temporarily. For some people.

And some people have taken it at face value as them apologising and doing a u turn.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villan501 said:

I really hope so mate and that all these stupid decisions and ideas stop. I would like to know  what Unai thinks about these decisions impossible I know but id be interested, would he agree he's the manager and decides personel he wants for a football side but he comes across as a really decent guy what way would he see Heck's ideas ?. Rant over UTV

I think Emery is focused on the footballing side but will be aware of the finances etc - I personally don't think it is "greed" but the club trying to push the ceiling of sustainability with PSR/SCR etc to stay competitive. Emery will likely be aligned with that goal.

Heck shouldn't be at the top of Villa Talk - what is happening?! We need a Villa game to think about.

UTV

The club doesn't have to be sincere in its apology; all it has to know is that if it steps out of line, it will get boulders brought down on it. And then (hopefully) it learns from that lesson.

Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal can all tell you about the shit storm from the European Super League: they weren't sorry they tried, they were sorry they caught.

Hold the rich to account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/september/06/amendments-made-for-relevant-supporters/

Aston Villa can confirm that disabled supporters who have booked matchday parking at Villa Park for the 2024/25 season will be charged last season’s parking rates. 

Those supporters will be contacted directly by the clubs’s ticket office via telephone prior to the next match at Villa Park against Everton and for those who were overcharged for parking for the Arsenal match, the club will issue reimbursements. 

The club wishes to apologise to those affected.

Thankfully, somebody at the club saw some sense after the backlash.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be totally honest if I didn't go on Villa Talk I wouldn't even know about any of the past 2 weeks. I don't go on social media and I didn't go to the Arsenal game. I don't really follow the news much either   I'd think the ticket prices were steep but id buy a couple without even thinking much about it. I'd be non the wiser about anything else.

Maybe ignorance really is bliss. 

Both the ticket prices and the disabled parking issue have been on mainstream media. This isn’t a villatalk thing 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is so spot on I'm surprised you came down on Heck's side with UCL ticket prices.

If you didn't think they were acceptable price rises, I misunderstood your posts.

It's more likely than unlikely Heck's names adorns some banners at Villa Park for a few months.

Agree.

The club will not like that at all. Especially the timing.

He'll be on their hit list going forward. If things were going worse on the pitch, he'd be lucky to get given press credentials.

Hopefully not. I hope the fans get behind the team (which Heck isn't responsible for) and enjoy the games we have coming up. I hope we don't become like Liverpool fans and play victims. Remember we don't sob on the Holte.

Townley works with the club and this would have been co-ordinated imo too. The piece came during non-game week too which means less damage to the team etc.

We need to give energy to the team and Emery, they deserve it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know. That’s the point. 

To your supply and demand is bullshit argument and to my discrimination argument. But both arguments are fundamentally different despite the overlaps. Neither arguments should be used for the other, because they’re fundamentally different issues.  One is about price gouging and the other is about basic access/discrimination 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

One is about price gouging and the other is about basic access/discrimination 

They're both about a worrying trend of behaviour of the club and that is the fundamental point certain people are making, even though one is more morally reprehensible than the other, which as far as i can see literally nobody has attempted to argue otherwise. You might want to make it seem as though linking both, i.e. two questionable actions from senior members of the club that directly influences fans is indicative of a wider issue of where we're heading, is representative of a lack of intelligence or being "a little bitch", and that is your right, but it's quite evident that both actions can be put under the same spotlight because of the pattern it displays in a rather brief period of time.

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Cheerio then 👋 but if you pay the price for a season ticket you are part of it 😂 Also it’s more than just my view it’s the reality of modern football. Don’t agree with it but also too late to bemoan and think you’re deluded to think otherwise. Good luck with your crusade but you’ve failed 

So now it’s the long term fans fault for “consenting” to be robbed at gun point? You’re a real charmer aren’t you. 

It’s absolutely not the reality of modern football if we, as a group of Aston Villa customers and as a wider group of premier league customers, decide that enough is enough. We saw that in action when the super league was announced. 

For me I’ve never felt like a customer of this business before but I do now. Therefore I will be treating this business accordingly going forward. They won’t be getting a single penny from me again (including renewal) until they apologize or sack Heck and replace him with someone who’s slightly more competent than a thief in the night.
 Everyone is entitled to make their own personal decision but for me I genuinely thought that we were better than this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Ticket prices I can understand but today’s announcement is just ridiculous ! Unless they can prove via means testing that the people who use these parking spaces aren’t reliant on benefits which isn’t gunna be the case then is just a **** terrible move and whoever instructed this needs serious questions asked. 

Nah, you're just a normal person that isn't qualified for the job. If you understood you'd have his job and not just be another boring, whiny fan.

Or does that logic only apply when other people disagree with the actions taken?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I respect your opinion, however times change and we all have to make decisions on where we make our discretionary spending. My wife would like us to go out to a restaurant every week and spend $200 on a meal, I'd rather spend it on Villa shirts and going to see the Villa live in the new year.

If you’re smart, you’re better off spending that time and money with your wife. This business doesn’t give the slightest damn about you. 

14 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If you’re smart, you’re better off spending that time and money with your wife. This business doesn’t give the slightest damn about you. 

After 19 years of marriage I’m confident we have the right balance.

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â