Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’ve worked it out. Thank me later.

I reckon this is all just a big mistake. When Mr Heck was creating his PowerPoint presentation with the new pricing structure (and the slides were complete with fancy animations such as fade in/out etc), he put the dollar prices down … instead of pounds… so what is £97, should actually be £73… and so on. 

He also put the prices in Fahrenheit. £100 in Fahrenheit is only £40 in Celsius.

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

He also put the prices in Fahrenheit. £100 in Fahrenheit is only £40 in Celsius.

So perhaps trying to please Mr Sawiris by putting in the current temperature in Cairo in Fahrenheit… see, mistakes happen. There are perfectly good explanations for this price increases! Human error. 

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Thanks for confirming everything i suspected about how you view your custom of this business. 

I’ve worked commercially in football so know how it works … your qualification to speak on this is ? 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Dude again, what does the ticket supply and demand have to do with disability discrimination? 

But season ticket holder discrimination is completely fine with zero thought or consideration? Are we exempt? I have a limp, does that count? I was forced to walk in hundreds of other blokes piss because I was so worried about pissing myself. Does that make me exempt from your magical laws of supply and demand? I suspect not. 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My line was increasing the pensioners season tickets last season by so much because they can’t earn more than their pension.  Everybody has a line, my point is you are defending your line and criticising other peoples line like on the CL pricing of people who are struggling because they have families or aren’t able to earn more money throughout skill set, the type of work they do or other related reasons.  You can afford your extra cost but some loyal fans are struggling and you say if you can’t afford it don’t go but the same can be said about your line that if a disabled person can’t afford it don’t go.  You’d be screaming at that because it’s your line.  Heck is taking this and crossing peoples lines and we talk about being a community club but Heck is marginalising Pensioners last season, working class this season on CL pricing, disabled people on parking spots….what’s next.  I think it’s a disgrace and I understand supply and demand but Heck is crossing too many lines but I just hate that he’s divided fans because we have different lines and some people defending his choices yesterday and now he’s gone a step further and now it’s a line to far.  I just don’t think criticising peoples line yesterday was right.

Fair points and guess I take it for granted for sure I can afford it and cannot argue against any of the above and you’ve made me see now the error in some of my counter points … ! 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, villan501 said:

what next upgrade the toilets and have a setup of charging to use them.

Don't 🤣 will be charging £1 for a number 1 and £2.50 for a number 2...

• Haha 1

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

But season ticket holder discrimination is completely fine with zero thought or consideration? Are we exempt? I have a limp, does that count? I was forced to walk in hundreds of other blokes piss because I was so worried about pissing myself. Does that make me exempt from your magical laws of supply and demand? I suspect not. 

Sorry, your luxury item of a season ticket doesn’t make you anything special to be discriminated against. However your limp may give you access to a parking spot. You may have grounds to ask for a refund for the piss swimming 

What’s your point? 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

the real question to this aspect of the debate. Should the club charge disabled fans for parking? 

Chris Heck says yes.

Because revenue above all else.

You've more ticket increases to look forward to in the near future.

Because more ticket money means more revenue.

He's so smart. I don't know how he comes up with it.

31 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Can you not take this petty bollocks to PMs? It’s taking up half the thread now.

The fact we even charge for disabled parking in the first place is an additional barrier to access for people who already have issues accessing VP. It’s nothing to  do with sUpPlY aNd DeMaNd. And it doesn’t prove your point about supply and demand either, it’s a completely separate issue.

And for the avoidance of doubt I think the CL prices are ridiculous.

You can pop me on ignore if you don’t like my posts 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I can’t afford a season ticket. It be a luxury to me 

I’m really sorry to hear that.

I genuinely believe that the club has to try FAR harder to maintain ticket levels at pricing that means that you can get to as many games as you can. 

If that means we don’t win anything then so be it. I’d much rather that you, and the thousands of others  like you, and the thousands of others that will be you very soon have the opportunity to support the team that you have always loved at the very highest level. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/september/06/amendments-made-for-relevant-supporters/

Aston Villa can confirm that disabled supporters who have booked matchday parking at Villa Park for the 2024/25 season will be charged last season’s parking rates. 

Those supporters will be contacted directly by the clubs’s ticket office via telephone prior to the next match at Villa Park against Everton and for those who were overcharged for parking for the Arsenal match, the club will issue reimbursements. 

The club wishes to apologise to those affected.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/september/06/amendments-made-for-relevant-supporters/

Aston Villa can confirm that disabled supporters who have booked matchday parking at Villa Park for the 2024/25 season will be charged last season’s parking rates. 

Those supporters will be contacted directly by the clubs’s ticket office via telephone prior to the next match at Villa Park against Everton and for those who were overcharged for parking for the Arsenal match, the club will issue reimbursements. 

The club wishes to apologise to those affected.

So those who have already booked. It’s not really forward looking and what about those who haven’t booked yet. Doesn’t exactly sound like they’re rowing jt back fully.

they’re really **** this up 

• Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

So those who have already booked. It’s not really forward looking and what about those who haven’t booked yet. Doesn’t exactly sound like they’re rowing jt back fully.

they’re really **** this up 

I read a couple of people talking about demanding a refund for their ST because the ticket was bought on the understanding that disabled parking cost X, then the club doubled it with no warning, and I don't think the club would have had much of a leg to stand on, wonder if that impacted it as well as the backlash.

As you say though, it's not rowing it back, they're still shafting people who didn't book for the whole year, and very carefully pretending they're doing people a favour by charging 'last season's' prices, in other words the price has still gone up, and you'll be paying 400 quid next year so start saving.

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Ohhhh Heck!

Oh dear. How many spaces? 50? So, less than £10k extra per season? Thats a corporate lunch! 

Massive PR own goal. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â