Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Far too late for that … we’ve been customers and consumers for years rather than fans - we’re just playing catch up after years of mismanagement and failure to capitalise - that’s where Heck comes into the equation - to bridge that gap. If it wasn’t him it would be someone else. It’s wrong but reality 

I don’t agree with you but why doesn’t your argument then stack up to disabled parking spots, if the club think that is the price point for disable parking spots to be fully taken up.  We are just customers and consumers, why shouldn’t the club take full advantage?  I don’t agree, I’m just following your logic.  Heck is just doing his job surely by the logic?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Dude again, what does the ticket supply and demand have to do with disability discrimination? 

Have I missed something? Putting the parking spot prices up is discrimination? 

I think the issue is some hold onto this misplaced ideal football is a working class sport - it’s not been for decades now and will never go back to being so. It’s just moved on and we made a pact with the devil and paying the price. We are part of one of, if not the most competitive football league in the world watched by hundreds of millions of people weekly and clubs are now status symbols for the 1% crowd. They invest their millions and is as customers will bear some of the costs also. 

It is wrong but reality.

It’s takes someone like Heck to make these unpopular decisions in terms of ticketing cost increases to rinse every £ they can from consumers. He’s been clunky and not helped himself on several occasions but every decision bar the disabled parking has been to better the club financially. We are debt free and owned by two men who didn’t get to where they are nicely - they’re cut throat and will sack Heck the moment he doesn’t hit his stated targets. 

2 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

The point is you increase sponsorship from a variety of sectors. It's significantly more lucrative than pricing increases on match day fans

Thank you for your esteemed business insight. I'd never have guessed that.

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Does that make it ok? Does that make it acceptable?

**** no. 

It ain't right that kiddy harriers charge £20 to watch 6th tier football either but they do and it ain't gonna change 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

every decision bar the disabled parking has been to better the club financially

What other reason would it be, they’ve raised the price because they can get more money.  That’s to better the club financially, however small it maybe.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Says the us based fan. (I bet you are). Just because you all destroyed your local fan base communities chasing the dollar doesn’t mean we have to. 

Haha nope but good try DakotaVilla well played … been a match going fan since 91 - had seasons tickets all over the ground, corporate and regular and been to all the big games at Wembley but nice try. Think you need to get a grip on the reality of modern football mate. It’s not about communities or fans it’s about customers and £££ . That’s just a fact clubs all pay lip service to fans 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Mate I’ve written it like ten times. 

Supply and demand is not an excuse for everything. This extreme examples highlights that very well. Just because the club COULD charge more for disabled parking spaces, because the demand is there, they very very obviously shouldn’t. 

In a far less extreme way, because the situations are not the same, the same is true for the ticketing situation. Just because the club CAN charge £94 a ticket because the demand is there doesn’t mean they SHOULD.  It’s obviously not the same, and it’s obviously far less “bad” than the disabled parking. 

But we were told by some posters that supply and demand should always apply even if we don’t like it. Quite clearly that is not the case. 

This is totally the point!  

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

When it’s disabled parking only, yeah 

Why? If 1000 disabled people want a disabled spot and there are only 100 spots available so the club by the logic being spouted of supply and demand for other pricing things decide they can charge double the price of last season and still fill the spots with disabled people take up then there is no discrimination there at all.  It’s just demand by disabled people outweighs demand for disable spots so the price is adjusted accordingly, no discrimination there at all.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t agree with you but why doesn’t your argument then stack up to disabled parking spots, if the club think that is the price point for disable parking spots to be fully taken up.  We are just customers and consumers, why shouldn’t the club take full advantage?  I don’t agree, I’m just following your logic.  Heck is just doing his job surely by the logic?

I mean you can frame it many ways to fit your personal pov and agenda. Mine is there is a clear separation between ticketing and disabled parking and it’s a line crossed by Heck or whoever. I can work and afford whatever increases without noticing - it’s different if you're disabled and don’t have the same capacity to earn money like able bodied people. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

But like I said, that's football, every club is doing it 

It's gone, long gone 

Yes. I am surprised by the lack of anger to the Premier League and UEFA for failing to protect supporters in cases like this. We need some proper governance in the game - fans focusing on Heck are not seeing the bigger picture. It is like sacking Lambert for Sherwood ... it is playing musical chairs. It wouldn't shock me if a lot of these decisions are aim towards PSR and the Premier League after rejecting our proposals in the summer, possibly even UEFA too.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Mate I’ve written it like ten times. 

Supply and demand is not an excuse for everything. This extreme examples highlights that very well. Just because the club COULD charge more for disabled parking spaces, because the demand is there, they very very obviously shouldn’t. 

In a far less extreme way, because the situations are not the same, the same is true for the ticketing situation. Just because the club CAN charge £94 a ticket because the demand is there doesn’t mean they SHOULD.  

We were told by some posters that supply and demand should always apply even if we don’t like it. Quite clearly that is not the case. 

Can you not take this petty bollocks to PMs? It’s taking up half the thread now.

The fact we even charge for disabled parking in the first place is an additional barrier to access for people who already have issues accessing VP. It’s nothing to  do with sUpPlY aNd DeMaNd. And it doesn’t prove your point about supply and demand either, it’s a completely separate issue.

And for the avoidance of doubt I think the CL prices are ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Yes. I am surprised by the lack of anger to the Premier League and UEFA for failing to protect supporters in cases like this. We need some proper governance in the game - fans focusing on Heck are not seeing the bigger picture. It is like sacking Lambert for Sherwood ... it is playing musical chairs. It wouldn't shock me if a lot of these decisions are aim towards PSR and the Premier League after rejecting our proposals in the summer, possibly even UEFA too.

They've created rules where clubs chase cash, fans suffer, be it the ticket prices or the cost of the kits etc 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What other reason would it be, they’ve raised the price because they can get more money.  That’s to better the club financially, however small it maybe.

It’s sickening - a few million on tickets buys you a player or covers a couple of players wages. Charging the disabled extra for a something they have no choice in doing if they want to attend is just callous and what for an extra ??? thousands - it’s **** up they’ve done it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Haha nope but good try DakotaVilla well played … been a match going fan since 91 - had seasons tickets all over the ground, corporate and regular and been to all the big games at Wembley but nice try. Think you need to get a grip on the reality of modern football mate. It’s not about communities or fans it’s about customers and £££ . That’s just a fact clubs all pay service to fans 

Thanks for confirming everything i suspected about how you view your custom of this business. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â