Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

You think charging a wheelchair user an extra ten quid per game is going to make any difference to PSR? What bloody world are we living in, when people are queuing up to make excuses for the most disgusting behaviors. 

I know. Everyone knows the real money in in flogging on vinted. Get prepared to see Heck flogging his undies.

As someone who lives on in the other side of the planet, I don't have a lot of feelings on matchday costs.

It's not that I don't care it's just normally it's hard for me to be overly emotive about it...

Ticket prices going up is a part of football and a part of success, I have come to grips with that..

But this disabled parking news has me feeling embarrassed to be fan, and gives me the same feeling I have with most sporting teams I support lately...... Disconnect.

How many disabled car parks are there? I'm going to guess 10 maybe 20 (correct me if I'm wrong) so the increased revenue from this change is going to be around £2000-£4000.

Hardly changing our FFP situation, whilst severely impacting a few fans who no doubt for some football would be the highlight of their week...

Please take me to task if I have this all wrong, but if I'm not I'm feeling quite disgusted with my favourite sporting team in the world right now.

Sad....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s obviously a difference. 

But some posters have been telling us for the past few days that price rises are just supply and demand and we should all just accept it. 

Why doesn’t their logic apply here? 

The disabled parking is just a prime example of why supply and demand isn’t always an excuse. 

Again you cannot compare raising the costs of tickets for fans who are able to work to rise a few million extra and targeting a marginalised part of society who not be able to for bloody parking spaces they are reliant on - too simplistic to compare two different issues using supply and demand and you know that. 

im not going to feel guilty for being able to afford ticket cost rises with ease nor pity those who cannot - but having a father whose disabled and marginalised due to that I will speak out. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I don’t intend to have a debate with anyone on here about who is a “better person” or a “better fan” or why “people” think this or that. This forum is basically largely anonymous and people express their frustrations in different ways.

I am trying to rationalise why someone would firstly make these decisions, and then secondly why they are being allowed to happen (or not reversed). And the only explanation I can come up with is that financially we are in a position where we are having to do some pretty unsavoury things.

I am not making excuses for anyone, but I personally don’t find the position that one individual at the club is an awful person or a dick to be a compelling argument.

You’re trying to excuse not rationalise. No matter what you and others say. 

Just checked ticket prices for disabled people for PL games. They have no personal concessions on ticket prices.. however any assistant they have can get in free.

if the assistant is a fan that’s great. If not, or they don’t have an assistant then the disabled fan has to end up paying more for a match than an abled person. All for being disabled. That’s not really great for the club at all. More so when I have a hunch the stadium isn’t overly accessible for some wheelchair users, let alone other disabled fans 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

You’re trying to excuse not rationalise. No matter what you and others say. 

Ok. Let me be clear - 100% I do not agree with the disabled parking charge increase and do not excuse it.

Please can you enlighten me as to why the club would do this, beyond saying Chris Heck is a moron, because I personally do not accept that is a sufficient explanation. I cannot see any other rational reason other than the club desperately needs the money, even a small amount of money. Or perhaps they have other plans for the land and this is a way of creating space.

As others have said, the Bayern pricing is a different matter and while I don’t like it, I can see the arguments for and against it from the Club’s point of view. 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Just checked ticket prices for disabled people for PL games. They have no personal concessions on ticket prices.. however any assistant they have can get in free.

if the assistant is a fan that’s great. If not, or they don’t have an assistant then the disabled fan has to end up paying more for a match than an abled person. All for being disabled. That’s not really great for the club at all. More so when I have a hunch the stadium isn’t overly accessible for some wheelchair users, let alone other disabled fans 

If this is the case, it’s ridiculous and potentially illegal as it’s restricting access to those who may require accessible arrangements.

5 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

If this is the case, it’s ridiculous and potentially illegal as it’s restricting access to those who may require accessible arrangements.

The accessibility is probably, fine and legal. I’m just suspecting it’s not ideal due to the age of the stands 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s obviously a difference. 

But some posters have been telling us for the past few days that price rises are just supply and demand and we should all just accept it. 

Why doesn’t their logic apply here? 

The disabled parking is just a prime example of why supply and demand isn’t always an excuse. 

Different situations, innit?

At my mother-in-law’s, after a lovely dinner, I never ask how much we owe her for the meal. Because it’s not something we are used to charging for.

Ticket prices, for “elite” matches, yeah there will be a price. Not very nice, but understandable. But disabled parking? Way off limits.

I know this is silly analogy, but it’s the difference between shooting a solider and shooting a civilian. One you can understand (high ticket prices for fancy games), one is just below the belt (high prices for people who likely have a more challenging life as it is).

6 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Football clubs, from the fans perspective at least, are not franchises. They are established cultural hubs. Many have held this position for over a century. They don't exist simply to make money.

I agree from my romantic notion of my club.

But sadly, modern day football is business oriented first, football next. Thats not just us, thats across the board & part of the reason why I have fallen out of love with football in general & only hanging on due to my love for Villa.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Again you cannot compare raising the costs of tickets for fans who are able to work to rise a few million extra and targeting a marginalised part of society who not be able to for bloody parking spaces they are reliant on - too simplistic to compare two different issues using supply and demand and you know that. 

im not going to feel guilty for being able to afford ticket cost rises with ease nor pity those who cannot - but having a father whose disabled and marginalised due to that I will speak out. 

You can compare them then. Obviously the disabled parking thing is far worse. 

But they are both examples of the club taking advantage of fans to squeeze every penny possible out of them. 

SuPpLy AnD dEmAnD isn’t an excuse

15 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Ok. Let me be clear - 100% I do not agree with the disabled parking charge increase and do not excuse it.

Please can you enlighten me as to why the club would do this, beyond saying Chris Heck is a moron, because I personally do not accept that is a sufficient explanation. I cannot see any other rational reason other than the club desperately needs the money, even a small amount of money. Or perhaps they have other plans for the land and this is a way of creating space.

As others have said, the Bayern pricing is a different matter and while I don’t like it, I can see the arguments for and against it from the Club’s point of view. 

You’re assuming there is a reason to do it beyond basic greed.

is charging wheel chair users going to make the difference between us winning the league or not?

Is charging season ticket holders x 2 what they were paying a few years and forcing them to degrade themselves by soiling their clothes in other people’s urine going to make the difference?

No. They’re just doing it because it’s easy and they are lazy . And they’re not willing to work hard enough to create an environment where customers (we’re not fans) are willingly parting with our cash 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know exactly why the logic doesn't apply, and you and others are just trying to be overly petty now because some don't persist with the same hardline hate of everything.

We are perfectly capable of having different opinions on business related club matters, as well as universally being against things like charging disabled fans for parking.

I don't understand why some people have to resort to either extreme and reject the existence of nuance and middle ground.

No I don’t. The logic doesn’t apply on either situation in my opinion. 

But these posters were keen to tell us that the club should be charging the highest possible prices they could because it a business. I was specifically told that supply and demand should always apply whether we like it or not.

thats exactly what they’re doing here with the disabled fans. So why isn’t that ok by their (incorrect) logic

14 minutes ago, Enda said:

Different situations, innit?

At my mother-in-law’s, after a lovely dinner, I never ask how much we owe her for the meal. Because it’s not something we are used to charging for.

Ticket prices, for “elite” matches, yeah there will be a price. Not very nice, but understandable. But disabled parking? Way off limits.

I know this is silly analogy, but it’s the difference between shooting a solider and shooting a civilian. One you can understand (high ticket prices for fancy games), one is just below the belt (high prices for people who likely have a more challenging life as it is).

Nobody is saying the situations are the same. 

These posters were telling us that supply and demand should always dictate prices whether we like it or not. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

No I don’t. The logic doesn’t apply on either situation in my opinion. 

But these posters were keen to tell us that the club should be charging the highest possible prices they could because it a business. I was specifically told that supply and demand should always apply whether we like it or not.

thats exactly what they’re doing here with the disabled fans. So why isn’t that ok by their (incorrect) logic

I agree. I bet many of these “happy customers” are non season ticket holders and probably based in the US or somewhere else.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â