Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

Any parking charge for disabled fans, let alone double an existing one is a different thing entirely to the tickets prices. There’s not enough spaces to truly be a cash grab like the tickets. This is (intentional or not) lowkey something to disincentivise disable fans to even come at all. Disabled fans really don’t need anymore hurdles than there is. 

this story coming out while the uk is doing great in the Paralympics isn’t a great look for the club and Football in general 

• Like 4

I'm just waiting for the next scandal,Firstly tickets now disabled parking what next upgrade the toilets and have a setup of charging to use them.

Fans don't goto football to save money we want to spend it on what we choose to when at the ground.

Edited by villan501

The disabled parking and ticket price increases are wholly connected. And what makes it worse is they are doing it in our 150th year whilst being pretty good on the pitch with a truly brilliant manager.

They think we will just accept it all because of the anniversary and the good things on the pitch. Feck all to do with PSR either

At some point NSWE have to step in, yes they have been great but they are in serious danger of letting a guy they have hired piss off an entire fan base. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Ticket prices I can understand but today’s announcement is just ridiculous ! Unless they can prove via means testing that the people who use these parking spaces aren’t reliant on benefits which isn’t gunna be the case then is just a **** terrible move and whoever instructed this needs serious questions asked. 

So it was ok yesterday but now it’s too much? And you’re suddenly surprised. I guess licking those boots doesn’t quite taste the same right now…..

50 minutes ago, Enda said:

Disabled drivers don’t drink at games, meaning the club miss out on £14 of lager revenue. The disabled thus need to contribute some other way, and this 100% increase in parking fees goes some way to help that.

/s

What the Club never had, they shouldn't miss. What about the fans that drive to the ground - they don't drink (or, at least, shouldn't). Therefore - increase their ticket prices, to compensate?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I hope the irony isn't lost on you here!!

People have asked legitimate questions of Heck since day one. No way someone becomes President of Business with their hands tied behind their back. Why was he sacked from red bulls for problems eerily similar to the ones we are having at Villa?

But I suppose I am just a deranged fool?

I just think it's the usual roundabout of the incompetent. You see it all the time in senior management and above.

How these people keep getting hired after causing a catastrophe at their previous employer is beyond my comprehension.

22 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So it was ok yesterday but now it’s too much? And you’re suddenly surprised. I guess licking those boots doesn’t quite taste the same right now…..

What the **** are you on about ? There’s a big difference between hiking ticket prices for elite games for working fans and charging a ridiculous sum for disabled parking who may be reliant on benefits. It’s a sickening move by the club and no way it can be justified. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, WHY said:

At some point NSWE have to step in, yes they have been great but they are in serious danger of letting a guy they have hired piss off an entire fan base. 

Not every fan

Christ. I was being pragmatic and objective on the Champions League ticket prices, but the disabled parking charge announcement is not only a PR disaster but also a massive case of the club mis-reading the room.

I can only think that we are very tight on the new financial fair play regs (hence the late submission and £60k fine) and we are doing some really very desperate things to avoid punishment. 

I would also add that I can’t believe that Heck or anyone in his position would “want” to do this. He must have a very tough job at the minute if this is the kind of thing he is having to sanction. He’s making himself public enemy number one.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What the **** are you on about ? There’s a big difference between hiking ticket prices for elite games for working fans and charging a ridiculous sum for disabled parking who may be reliant on benefits. It’s a sickening move by the club and no way it can be justified. 

Did the taste of that leather in your mouth make you go very sour very quickly?

Sorry to break it to you but there’s no difference at all. They’re taking the piss out of all of us. It’s just that you’ve suddenly you’ve found a conscience.

• Haha 2

The hiked parking prices is old news. It's just only breaking now. It's interesting that it didn't have any traction from the press at the start of the season when the fans were first told about it, but has now. The press know this is big news on the context of what's gone on,  and it's not good that they're very happy to latch on to it now but we're happy to let it bypass them a few weeks ago when it happened.

The next news orlut of Villa Park really needs to be positive or they're at risk of causing a riot against Everton. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Christ. I was being pragmatic and objective on the Champions League ticket prices, but the disabled parking charge announcement is not only a PR disaster but also a massive case of the club mis-reading the room.

I can only think that we are very tight on the new financial fair play regs (hence the late submission and £60k fine) and we are doing some really very desperate things to avoid punishment. 

I would also add that I can’t believe that Heck or anyone in his position would “want” to do this. He must have a very tough job at the minute if this is the kind of thing he is having to sanction. He’s making himself public enemy number one.

You think charging a wheelchair user an extra ten quid per game is going to make any difference to PSR? What bloody world are we living in, when people are queuing up to make excuses for the most disgusting behaviors. 

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Did the taste of that leather in your mouth make you go very sour very quickly?

Sorry to break it to you but there’s no difference at all. They’re taking the piss out of all of us. It’s just that you’ve suddenly you’ve found a conscience.

I mean there is a big difference between charging for tickets and then charging the disabled who have no other means of getting to the ground, maybe not able to work and if you cannot see that then fair enough. 

• Like 3

Just now, thabucks said:

charging the disabled who have no other means of getting to the ground

Doubly so doing it when the season has started, when those fans may not have committed to a season ticket knowing that they'd need to pay 400 quid a year to park.

The more I look at it, the more reprehensible it is.

I did think the ticket pricing was a disgrace and it was my personal breaking point, but I'm with you, this is way worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

You think charging a wheelchair user an extra ten quid per game is going to make any difference to PSR? What bloody world are we living in, when people are queuing up to make excuses for the most disgusting behaviors. 

It’s indefensible and no way can it ever be justified - it must be revoked and an apology issued by the board 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I don’t intend to have a debate with anyone on here about who is a “better person” or a “better fan” or why “people” think this or that. This forum is basically largely anonymous and people express their frustrations in different ways.

I am trying to rationalise why someone would firstly make these decisions, and then secondly why they are being allowed to happen (or not reversed). And the only explanation I can come up with is that financially we are in a position where we are having to do some pretty unsavoury things.

I am not making excuses for anyone, but I personally don’t find the position that one individual at the club is an awful person or a dick to be a compelling argument.

Edited by GeordieVillan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â