Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

It's in reference to posts that have been made this week attempting to justify the exorbitant price rises

OK.Thanks for ponting that out. My apologies to Stevo985 for misunderstanding. I'd still like hand rails on the steps, though! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's like when a pub expands and makes a nice fancy eating area they still always keep a space for the regulars that have been coming for years. 

You gotta always look after the regulars ! 

Agree, although regulars are now the least important thing in football so sadly you don’t. 

I don’t know why so much is being read into this. They have upped prices to make more money. No other reason. It’s shambolic how and where they have done it, but there’s no big conspiracy or side reason. They don’t give a **** about the fans - they don’t need to. Fans must be an absolute drop in the ocean revenue wise. And the rich fans (which is the ones they want) are going to pay the prices anyway. 

Yay for the owners, but simultaneously they are destroying the experience for the every day fan. 

15 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

I hope that this is supposed to be a sarcastic comment (not a very clever one, if it was). I am not registered disabled but have great difficulty walking (very poor balance). I went on a Legend's Tour of Villa Park a couple of years ago and was treated with the utmost respect and had help when I had to navigate the slope on the pitch side. I cannot attend matches because I am unable to walk up and down the steps (there are no hand rails). Those unfortunate disabled fans probably HAVE to park there because they need all the assistance they can get (like I was fortunate to have)... or shouldn't they even think about going to matches, at all?

He was being sarcastic and taking aim at other people mate.

• Like 1

Disabled drivers don’t drink at games, meaning the club miss out on £14 of lager revenue. The disabled thus need to contribute some other way, and this 100% increase in parking fees goes some way to help that.

/s

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do think the cognitive dissonance in thinking the owners don't know anything about any of this is down to a degree of Heck derangement syndrome

The labeling is also childish.

I hope the irony isn't lost on you here!!

People have asked legitimate questions of Heck since day one. No way someone becomes President of Business with their hands tied behind their back. Why was he sacked from red bulls for problems eerily similar to the ones we are having at Villa?

But I suppose I am just a deranged fool?

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

That's how you increase revenue. Several deals like that dwarfs what you get from increasing ticket and concessions prices 

Spoiler. Even if we did this deal and had the best commercial deals in Europe we'd still be fleecing the fans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

It's cruelty for the sake of it. There's zero to gain from this beyond condemnation and more fan anger. Is that the gambit here? 

Possibly. Get people worked up about the disabled charges and they will forget about the ticket pricing. 

7 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

That's how you increase revenue. Several deals like that dwarfs what you get from increasing ticket and concessions prices 

Last time I looked, we already have an 'Official Energy Drink Partner'......I presume they must be paying us a few bob ?

54 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

I hope that this is supposed to be a sarcastic comment (not a very clever one, if it was). I am not registered disabled but have great difficulty walking (very poor balance). I went on a Legend's Tour of Villa Park a couple of years ago and was treated with the utmost respect and had help when I had to navigate the slope on the pitch side. I cannot attend matches because I am unable to walk up and down the steps (there are no hand rails). Those unfortunate disabled fans probably HAVE to park there because they need all the assistance they can get (like I was fortunate to have)... or shouldn't they even think about going to matches, at all?

Yes it was sarcastic. Apologies. I was making a point about the people that are saying all of these price hikes are just supply and demand and if people don’t like it they don’t HAVE to go. 

Whereas this is a great example of that reasoning being bollocks, precisely because most of these disabled fans absolutely DO have to park there

Edited by Stevo985

Doubling charges for a limited amount of parking spaces for disadvantaged people achieves nothing but make us look like words removed. It's neither here nor there when every club in the country is desperately signing up deals with any company for some nonsense sponsorship (Crystal Palace have an 'official oxygen water partner', Manchester United have an official mattress partner FFS).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Agree, although regulars are now the least important thing in football so sadly you don’t. 

I don’t know why so much is being read into this. They have upped prices to make more money. No other reason. It’s shambolic how and where they have done it, but there’s no big conspiracy or side reason. They don’t give a **** about the fans - they don’t need to. Fans must be an absolute drop in the ocean revenue wise. And the rich fans (which is the ones they want) are going to pay the prices anyway. 

Yay for the owners, but simultaneously they are destroying the experience for the every day fan. 

They may regret this when we go shit again and they need the regulars back. Then again they could just sell the club.

9 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Last time I looked, we already have an 'Official Energy Drink Partner'......I presume they must be paying us a few bob ?

The point is you increase sponsorship from a variety of sectors. It's significantly more lucrative than pricing increases on match day fans

• Like 1

Ticket prices I can understand but today’s announcement is just ridiculous ! Unless they can prove via means testing that the people who use these parking spaces aren’t reliant on benefits which isn’t gunna be the case then is just a **** terrible move and whoever instructed this needs serious questions asked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â