Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

This is obviously complete conjecture, but with the ticket prices and the disabled parking publicity nightmare, I can’t help but think that anyone even remotely sane would’ve thought that’s going to be a huge PR own goal.
So, and hear me out here, what if there is some reason behind such an intentional own goal… maybe Heck is on course to miss his targeted revenue increases, so he deliberately makes these calls so that Wes and Nas step in and stop it, and by doing so give him a get out where he can say the owners stepped in and that’s why I didn’t make the revenue increases that were promised. OR, could it be to highlight the ludicrousness of PSR to a wider audience?

Ah I’ve no idea, but I can’t believe they could make such stupid moves and not expect fans to have a sour taste in the mouth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is it mad to think this was always the plan?

Bring someone in to make all the unpopular changes and take all the blame, give him a golden handshake when he goes 'too far', and come out of it looking like the good guys?

He's certainly never come across like a man worried about the long term or being liked.

He's all about squeezing anything he can for a dollar. I don't think he's ever been seen as a long term appointment imo. 

And yeah, I think at some point he'll get a fat pay off and be replaced. 

We all want progress, but not through taking advantage of hard working fans. They all live in a financial bubble where the figures are just that and not ‘real money’. The ticket prices for the Champions League are a disgrace but exploiting disabled fans is shameful. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Heck-a-holics can tell themselves this if they wish.

The poster is right up there with you in despising Heck, and I have no reason to choose Heck over defending the owners so i'm not sure about the correlation.

I do think the cognitive dissonance in thinking the owners don't know anything about any of this is down to a degree of Heck derangement syndrome though.

This isn't and wouldn't be some sort of groundbreaking or unheard-of method in the Corporate World either.

Even if you are just a Salesman you represent the company, and if you deliver bad news which comes from Corporate to a customer, it's you they direct their anger at.

The labeling is also childish btw.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wedge said:

I mean, he is really, when you think about it.

Funnily enough Liam Gallagher was back on Twitter earlier today, completely unrepentant about their ticket prices and basically laughing at people. 

I doubt Heck is bothered about the furore either, they probably expected it. 

Anyway regardless of our individual feelings.

The fact that he is seemingly turning the fanbase against each other and against the club is not a good sign.

Something needs to be done, somewhere, some way, some how.

Whether they hire someone to deal with the PR and communicate with the fans, whether they sack him, or whether they change his role to one more behind the scenes etc.

It can't continue like this.

It is ruining what is supposed to be a joyous period for fans.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that he is seemingly turning the fanbase against each other and against the club is not a good sign.

Whether they hire someone to deal with the PR and communicate with the fans, whether they sack him, or whether they change his role to one more behind the scenes etc.

The club is in desperate need of this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They don’t HAVE to park there

I hope that this is supposed to be a sarcastic comment (not a very clever one, if it was). I am not registered disabled but have great difficulty walking (very poor balance). I went on a Legend's Tour of Villa Park a couple of years ago and was treated with the utmost respect and had help when I had to navigate the slope on the pitch side. I cannot attend matches because I am unable to walk up and down the steps (there are no hand rails). Those unfortunate disabled fans probably HAVE to park there because they need all the assistance they can get (like I was fortunate to have)... or shouldn't they even think about going to matches, at all?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're a reasonable poster, I think most fans are pissed off with the prices, some more than others which is understandable. It's the can't do anything about it attitude that annoys me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaBrum said:

I hope that this is supposed to be a sarcastic comment (not a very clever one, if it was). I am not registered disabled but have great difficulty walking (very poor balance). I went on a Legend's Tour of Villa Park a couple of years ago and was treated with the utmost respect and had help when I had to navigate the slope on the pitch side. I cannot attend matches because I am unable to walk up and down the steps (there are no hand rails). Those unfortunate disabled fans probably HAVE to park there because they need all the assistance they can get (like I was fortunate to have)... or shouldn't they even think about going to matches, at all?

It's in reference to posts that have been made this week attempting to justify the exorbitant price rises

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

And it pisses off the majority on the grounds of basic humanity?

Exactly, it makes no difference to my pocket or matchday experience but it pisses me off just as much. It's wrong and the club should be told it's wrong, petitions or whatever

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â