Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

Whoever came up with that decision is a callous, reprehensible human being. Profiteering from disabled persons is disgusting.

100%. I am so **** angry about the callousness of this. 

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I accept that is a fair comment.....but when trust is in place, and a party acknowledges the need to be candid, but can't be at that time, and explains the timing requires discretion, most reasonable folk, would accept that.

but a responsibility, does then have to be met, at some stage in order to sustain that trust.

But surely if Heck has said - there are good reasons for this that I will explain in the fullness of time - every Tom, Dick and Harry would immediately assume that we were under huge PSR pressures and so we'd have been left in exactly the same place?  As it was some "fudge" about the badge being a one off for the kit was probably enough for most people to either lose interest or adopt a view that it was all down to Heck not liking the round badge or being upset that it wasn't his.  In which case it makes sense for Heck to be saying that rather than the owners because CEOs (or whatever name they go by) tend to not be around as long as owners.  So fans losing trust in Heck is less of an issue than fans losing trust in the owners.  However, given the link between these additional costs, the stated impact (in terms of having to sell a player) and the PSR issues - it seems much more likely that maybe NSWE realised the financial impact of the full rebrand, that this was part of their reason for demoting Purslow (for not anticipating the cost in terms of it forcing player sales) and appointing Heck.  It also makes it more likely that maybe they told Heck that they knew the Lerner badge was flawed but that they wanted it modernising and improving but without requiring massive costs to implement or being able to spread those costs over a longer timeframe.

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No, not in terms of brand recognition. Anyone can see our current crest and know it's Villa if they were already familiar with our old one.

You’re missing the point, the cost of changing the crest still is a cost from media, legal, signs, with partners….on everything and with everybody who had our old logo it needs to change to the new one.  I agree on the brand recognition ie as I said the relaunch but the physical change, communication etc would be roughly the same. 

Changing the crest how light will still cost roughly the same because it’s a change.  What you are talking about is the relaunch which is the choice of the club and to what extent the club do that as I’ve said before.

if you don’t agree then i think we’ll leave the discussion there because we are going round in circles.

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This might be illegal under the Equality Act. What the **** is going on. A disgrace. I’m so livid the past few days. 

Infuriating but I don’t believe it’s illegal. They’re already being charged for the spot.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Infuriating but I don’t believe it’s illegal. They’re already being charged for the spot.

It's a private car park so the club can charge what they like. It's in very bad taste though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You’re missing the point, the cost of changing the crest still is a cost from media, legal, signs, with partners….on everything and with everybody who had our old logo it needs to change to the new one.  I agree on the brand recognition ie as I said the relaunch but the physical change, communication etc would be roughly the same. 

Changing the crest how light will still cost roughly the same because it’s a change.  What you are talking about is the relaunch which is the choice of the club and to what extent the club do that as I’ve said before.

if you don’t agree then i think we’ll leave the discussion there because we are going round in circles.

I think the point is that those costs can be spread over a longer period of time because they (the Lerner / Heck crests) are close enough to not need doing all at the same time without there being an obvious branding clash.  Whereas moving to the round badge was SO different that anything that wasn't done immediately would stick out like a sore thumb.  The costs might ultimately be the same but I think the duration in which those costs occur can be spread over a longer period.  So maybe it costs us a Donk each season for 2 years rather than an Ollie in one season.

Edited by allani
Clarification

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It's a private car park so the club can charge what they like. It's in very bad taste though.

That’s ridiculous. It won’t even generate that much income. It’s just callous cruelty. “Family club” eh. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the point is that those costs can be spread over a longer period of time because they (the Lerner / Heck crests) are close enough to not need doing all at the same time without there being an obvious branding clash.  Whereas moving to the round badge was SO different that anything that wasn't done immediately would stick out like a sore thumb.  The costs might ultimately be the same but I think the duration in which those costs occur can be spread over a longer period.  So maybe it costs us a Donk each season for 2 years rather than an Ollie in one season.

Longer period? But they’ve all been changed now so were changed straight away, we didn’t spread it over a number of financial years so I don’t get this point.

• Like 1

I am surprised Heck isn't going down the Oasis style ticket prices for the Champions league.... prices go through the roof because people will pay it.

20 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Whoever came up with that decision is a callous, reprehensible human being. Profiteering from disabled persons is disgusting.

In a week of bafflingly poor decisions by the club this is the latest and I think most mean. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s ridiculous. It won’t even generate that much income. It’s just callous cruelty. “Family club” eh. 

2.1m for a CL win but hey we can generate 20k a year charging disabled fans extra 

This club is the **** pits.

• Like 1

How many spaces do they even have? That probably raises about 0.001% of our clubs revenue.

But it's now 100% more expensive for the people using them.

If you want to cover some additional costs those spaces are incurring (not sure what they could be), then you rise the price in line with inflation. Who the **** came up with 100% ?! And why? Gets to a point where its not just Heck doing things, someone somewhere more senior or even reporting into him should be questioning some of these things. 

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

2.1m for a CL win but hey we can generate 20k a year charging disabled fans extra 

This club is the **** pits.

Squeezing every dollar out of every option available to him. Pretty wild that no one at the club thought, “hey maybe this one’s going too far.”

• Like 1

£380 to park at the club 19 times a year for around 2 hours or so if you're disabled. £10 an hour. It's disgraceful behaviour tbh. It should be free for those with disabilities. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â