Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

14 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The Uzbekistan stadium...

Not sure what we would get out of this. I can't see there being large financial investment and there isn't much of a footballing talent pool in Uzbekistan to tap into. 

Fix the shitters Chris instead of schmoozing with delegates.

...and when I say fix the toilets. I mean fix the toilets. Don't ask the facilties guy. Don't phone up your PPM company. Get your marigolds on, roll up your trousers and unclog the bogs.

45 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Not sure what we would get out of this. I can't see there being large financial investment and there isn't much of a footballing talent pool in Uzbekistan to tap into. 

Wonder if he’s pimping himself out £500k  for a meet and greet photo opportunities for despot regimes … a million pounds to watch him piss - £10mill to access v.sports network of data and services  

Thank goodness Heck did not hear about Ticketmaster & their dynamic pricing! 

They ( the club) may get away with it this year due to the novelty but this level of pricing is not sustainable.

i feel sorry for any fans who are also planning to go to away games although it may be cheaper for any fans who travel longer distances to Villa Park.

they do test our loyalty sometimes!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He has a clear mandate. He does not care what anyone thinks. 

Oh he does care. He makes media appearances lying to make himself sound useful.

He's done nothing of use so far. Nothing positive any other exec selling for a team absolutely flying on the pitch couldn't have done.

Waiting to see what positives he brings to Villa.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think an interview or statement from the owners would help.

They already have made a statement by releasing the ticket prices.

The only statement they need to make is if they're going to backtrack on them.

Posts removed. There’s a thread for the Champions league, there’s a thread for increasing revenue. Use them to discuss those subjects, not this one

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Emery gets paid to run the first team

Monchi gets paid to run the football operation 

Heck gets paid to run the business. That's why business decisions- which he is all over by the way whenever there is good news to report - the buck stops with him.

I think there’s a substantial difference between the latter and previous two. 
NSWE are not players or coaches, they are businessmen. It stands to reason they would be far more involved in establishing and executing the strategy for revenue growth compared to tactics and player recruitment. I agree they don’t likely have time to deal with day to day business operations, but there’s a spectrum of involvement that varies according to task and importance.

The idea that Heck makes major decisions that the owners are unaware of & unable to veto or moderate, seems highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I think there’s a substantial difference between the latter and previous two. 
NSWE are not players or coaches, they are businessmen. It stands to reason they would be far more involved in establishing and executing the strategy for revenue growth compared to tactics and player recruitment. I agree they don’t likely have time to deal with day to day business operations, but there’s a spectrum of involvement that varies according to task and importance.

The idea that Heck makes major decisions that the owners are unaware of & unable to veto or moderate, seems highly unlikely.

That's not really what I said though is it? I suspect he, like his predecessor (and anybody in that kind of role) was given a remit, given targets, given a budget and given incentives to hit targets. In addition he will have considerable autonomy as to how he operates. The shift in approach from Purslow to him is one clue that yes people in these roles aren't exactly having their hands held by NSWE.

I suspect they don't care how he does it but want him to increase revenue. Hence he will have persuaded them on shelving the redevelopment etc in favour of speaking money on eh 'improving' all the stands (but not increasing capacity,  unless its premium). He will have broadly set the parameters on pricing and got agreement etc. He is meant to have his finger on the pulse on these matters.

If he had brought fans with him on day one there might be more slack for him but he rubbed fans up the wrong way on day one.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

That's not really what I said though is it? I suspect he, like his predecessor (and anybody in that kind of role) was given a remit, given targets, given a budget and given incentives to hit targets. In addition he will have considerable autonomy as to how he operates. The shift in approach from Purslow to him is one clue that yes people in these roles aren't exactly having their hands held by NSWE.

I suspect they don't care how he does it but want him to increase revenue. Hence he will have persuaded them on shelving the redevelopment etc in favour of speaking money on eh 'improving' all the stands (but not increasing capacity,  unless its premium). He will have broadly set the parameters on pricing and got agreement etc. He is meant to have his finger on the pulse on these matters.

If he had brought fans with him on day one there might be more slack for him but he rubbed fans up the wrong way on day one.

It seems we largely agree, Heck has been given a remit and he communicates with the ownership on how he plans to grow revenue, with NSWE signing off on his strategies. E.g. pricing structures. So my question is why is it that I see many posters saying things like: “thanks to Mr. Heck…” I’m alienated, no longer interested, not as much of a fan as previous etc..instead of putting any onus on the ownership who have set forth Heck’s remit, knowing at every  step, that increased costs will be passed on to supporters in order to obtain the objectives they established?

Only NSWE know how’s he’s performing against targets and critically what those targets are. 

As with his predecessor who was basically demoted, as soon as he’s reached his usefulness to them he’ll be removed and replaced. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â