Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I like them but don't see them as classics as they aren't claret body blue sleeves. 

We have done stripes a couple if times and I just don't see it as the way Villa kits should look. For example,  have Arsenal ever appeared in stripes? I doubt it.

In all due fairness, sod Arsenal.

You will find my man, we have wore stripes on most occasions when we have lifted trophies. FA Cup 1886, 1957,  European Cup 1982, League Cup 1994, are just some examples that spring to mind. Also when we recently got promoted too (shadow stripes - ;) @TheAuthority)

Almost won 2000 FA Cup in stripes too.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In all due fairness, sod Arsenal.

You will find my man, we have wore stripes on most occasions when we have lifted trophies. FA Cup 1886, 1957,  European Cup 1982, League Cup 1994, are just some examples that spring to mind. Also when we recently got promoted too (shadow stripes - ;) @TheAuthority)

Almost won 2000 FA Cup in stripes too.

Let's get stripes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t care when they unveil the kit. I ain’t gonna buy it until it goes on sale anyway 😊 

Kitbag have permanent sales it seems so you can pick them up with 30% off a couple of months after release.

• Thanks 2

My point about Arsenal was more that they play in red with white sleeves just as we play in claret with blue sleeves. Southampton,  Newcastle, Sunderland etc play in stripes  whereas we seem to mix it up roughly every five years or so (93, 99, 01, 2018).

Take the point about the cups wr have won in stripes but we have also had our greatest moments in classic claret body and blue sleeves: 1981, 1982, 1983,1996!

Maybe I am just too old to appreciate an outrageous design!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Because it’s really ugly

Oh no way, I love it. I’d be a happy man if our away kit was green/red/black every year. The third shirt from our first season back in the Prem was a thing of beauty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

250572674_582280569649138_25740144987001

If that shirt was proposed today it will be criticised imo. 

Correct, it is absolutely vile.  It doesn't become a classic just because it's old.  If we'd been drawn as the away team at Wembley in 1994....ugh.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I hated that shirt back then and I still hate it now but then I don’t like green or stripes.

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because it’s really ugly

27 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Correct, it is absolutely vile.  It doesn't become a classic just because it's old.  If we'd been drawn as the away team at Wembley in 1994....ugh.

With the greatest respect you are all wronger than snot flavoured crisps.

It's awesome. The reboot in 19/20 was awesome, that will be the end of it.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That is one heck of a random image. Lol

Quite liked the away that year. Think we won at Emirates on it on the last day. Bent brace?

Nah, that was 2010/11 under Gary McAllister.

_52734967_011985455-1.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Love

Screenshot_20230609_182613_Facebook.jpg

Is it me or is this weirdly long? 

If you put a belt on that picture, it wouldn't be at the bottom of the shirt, it'd be a couple of inches above the Castore logo - it looks like a mini-dress.