Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Newcastle start selling theirs tomorrow, where the hell is ours Villa/Castore??? (They have a new sponsor as well like we do)

Simply moronic.

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I reckon something close to this would be ok, with the Castore wording and wings in gold, and the BK8 sponsor in gold also. Calling @Teale's 'tache if you can create something similar, using the suggested gold bits? 👍

image.jpeg.336cc17a3e4b7e47c21596f0dfb51dc1.jpeg

Too many criss-crossing patterns. Ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Everything about this is hideous.

Wrong colours is a terrible start.

Stripes never.

Collar looks awful.

Colour issue could be digital rendering, too.I imagine it's lighter. Yes, never stripes.

aston-villa-1886-1887.gif

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Same here. I wish it weren't quite so busy with the multiple textures and "shadow stripes" BS (hat tip to @TheAuthority) sort of background patterning, but the foreground, I love.

I love thw busy stripes. Think it looka nice. The shade of claret i do agree though but tgw design it self i like.

The last few home kits have looked very similar 

Atill for me doing has come close to that luke home kit during promotion year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Atill for me doing has come close to that luke home kit during promotion year

Agreed, gutted I never got a shirt that year, thought I’d pick one up in the sales and there were none left ☹️

They were ridiculous prices on eBay last time I looked.

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Same here. I wish it weren't quite so busy with the multiple textures and "shadow stripes" BS (hat tip to @TheAuthority) sort of background patterning, but the foreground, I love.

Hats off to the design work itself but for me that’s a bit to rugby top for my liking. Loved the striped Merson/Carbons era shirt though, perhaps it’s just the thinner stripes that’s putting me off on this one.

On 10/05/2023 at 17:24, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

My first efforts for next season, might do some more funkier ones if I get chance over the summer.

Bumping these beauts as they’re gorgeous.

Have the black third kit above as the GK shirt, perhaps with a yellow version for the away and swap the above 3rd design for the later vertical striped 3rd kit design (black/red) and we’d easily have the best kits in the league. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, burchy said:

Agreed, gutted I never got a shirt that year, thought I’d pick one up in the sales and there were none left ☹️

Best shirt we’ve had in decades 

19 minutes ago, burchy said:

I got a home one and the away in the Luke year, I wanted the third  too but never got hold of one :( 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Best shirt we’ve had in decades 

When I get one (and I will….wa ha ha ha - evil laugh) I’m going to do that Tobey Maguire walk from Spider-Man 3 in it 😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Who the f*** are Sela?

Edit. I've just looked at their website and I still have no idea. Synergistic solutions or some bollox.

Sounds like a front for money laundering.

"Our solutions complete the 360 circle of experience excellence, we professionally provide quality solutions across different areas that lead to a smooth and hassle-free operations and management experience. We are the go-to for all your experience needs, providing cutting edge solutions that handle all aspects of operations and management to make your experience unforgettable." 

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU ACTUALLY DO?!?!?!

They're a sportswashing arm of the Saudi state, they organise boxing matches etc etc. Probably will be responsible for world cup bid/delivery. Inevitably they spend rather than make money. 

I liked us playing with blue sleeves on the Luke shirt because it was so long since we'd done it

Stripes are the same, wouldn't mind in once in 20 years

Completely agree with who said elsewhere we've done the white with claret pinstripes kit now and should leave it alone, if we're revisiting an old shirt then everything is there for Castore to go do the white black and blue one and be lauded for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

For me, the classic villa kits were 1980/81, 1981/82, 1989/90, 1992/93, 1995/97.

I'm not a fan of us playing in stripes (93, 99) or without blue sleeves (Luke). 

You cannot forget the Müller years!

These we're beauties!

1993-95-aston-villa-asics-goal-36614-2.j

DjvWL8CXoAA3SXx.jpg

250572674_582280569649138_25740144987001

DW9-mudXcAYXFMQ.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I liked us playing with blue sleeves on the Luke shirt because it was so long since we'd done it

Stripes are the same, wouldn't mind in once in 20 years

Completely agree with who said elsewhere we've done the white with claret pinstripes kit now and should leave it alone, if we're revisiting an old shirt then everything is there for Castore to go do the white black and blue one and be lauded for it

I think the Luke shirt’s sleeves were claret with a thin blue cuff (for want of a better word!)

Edited by alreadyexists

29 minutes ago, sne said:

For those who long for the old Villa Hummel kits, this is how their new Wycombe kits look:

989_wycombe_wanderers_2023_24_hummel_home_kit_c.jpeg

That's nice! Always liked quartiles (is that the word?) Wycombe, Bristol Rovers etc.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You cannot forget the Müller years!

These we're beauties!

1993-95-aston-villa-asics-goal-36614-2.j

DjvWL8CXoAA3SXx.jpg

250572674_582280569649138_25740144987001

DW9-mudXcAYXFMQ.jpg

I like them but don't see them as classics as they aren't claret body blue sleeves. 

We have done stripes a couple if times and I just don't see it as the way Villa kits should look. For example,  have Arsenal ever appeared in stripes? I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I like them but don't see them as classics as they aren't claret body blue sleeves. 

We have done stripes a couple if times and I just don't see it as the way Villa kits should look. For example,  have Arsenal ever appeared in stripes? I doubt it.

As the Muller stripes were the kit when I first supported Villa, I'm more disposed to them. But I also loved the Brian Little era, so I'm good with either. Less keen on pinstripes though. I like a good stripe thickness, me.

• Like 1