Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Purslow got more money from them than we ever had from a sponsor. It's job done as far as he's concerned. It not looking aesthetically pleasing to fans is irrelevant to him and the club frankly.

Exactly mate. Fans want multi million £ signings yet moan when the club looks to maximise its revenue with biggest shirt sponsor in our history just because logo doesn’t look great 🙄
We HAVE to increase our revenue significantly to reduce the prohibitive impact of FFP in the future. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Unless they change it it's a horrible tacky cheap logo you'd expect on a league two team side.

Hang your head in shame Purslow l

Problem is mate we got a lot of money for this sponser so we will just have to bite the bullet on the crappy logo

• Like 3

On 05/06/2023 at 01:46, 479Villan said:

Cazoo was fine looking as a sponsor. This one looks like it is advertising how you order a value meal. 

Such a bad logo, on top of a bad corporate name. Just crap all the way down. 

Cazoo is the best we've had since Acorns. This feels like we’ve gone backwards. I **** hate gambling sponsors. Such a cheap shitty low time look

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's not a coincidence - Purslow was very influential on the Premier League meetings that decided when the ban comes into effect - which is the day after our sponsorship deal ends.

It's a betting sponsor of sorts, the same company that sponsored Leeds, Newcastle and Fulham last season and has partnerships with seven other clubs (including our sleeve sponsorship last season). Cheap I'm not sure about, but certainly a murky group - none of the TGP brands (BK8, Sbotop, W88, Fun88, Kaiyun, Stake, Sportsbetio, 8xBet, 12Bet are all the same thing) really operate in the UK - the club will tell you that they focus on far Eastern markets, while everyone pretends or denies that what that really means is the illegal trillion dollar Chinese gambling market.

In a country where gambling is illegal but popular and incredibly lucrative, you need a way to get your website in the face of those gamblers - what better way than a Premier league shirt? That's what it appears that BK8 are paying us for - we're a billboard that gets them over a legal fence.

TGP group, who have a licence from the UK gambling authorities and are registered to a room above a shop in the Isle of Mann, spend more than £100m a year advertising on Premier league shirts, despite barely operating in the UK (almost all of their online sites accessible from Europe are "under construction") - they're owned by a parent company, from memory called TGP Group, who were owned by a company called Suncity that has now rebranded, who were founded by a man called Alvin Chau who was recently jailed for 18 years as the head of a Macau triad family.

So, triads, running illegal gambling operations out of Macau via shell companies in the Isle of Mann using the Premier League as a vehicle for access to an illegal market. 

With the amount of attention this arrangement has started to gather in the media, I'm not entirely convinced we'll get to see out three years of this deal. 

Too gaudy for Norwich isn't the bit that worries me.

I wouldn't be upset if our contract is forcefully terminated a year or two early...assuming whoever forces the matter covers any early exit fees we'd face.  If we maintain our European status for a couple of seasons  we should hopefully be in a position to get a more lucrative legitimate sponsor than we've otherwise had lately.

It's a grim world and the sooner we're out the better.

I noticed that the link to a dodgy non existent gambling website has gone from our avfc website recently. I think that was the one linked to our sleeve sponsor last season... Do we still have them as sleeve sponsor? 

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I noticed that the link to a dodgy non existent gambling website has gone from our avfc website recently. I think that was the one linked to our sleeve sponsor last season... Do we still have them as sleeve sponsor? 

That's interesting, the deal was announced in August, so I'd have thought it would have run through until the end of the season/year (to the 1st July). I guess now that they have the front of the shirt through the BK8 brand they won't need the sleeve sponsorship - it'll be interesting to see who picks that up.

Kaiyun have moved on to Crystal Palace's sleeve next season and they have a partnership with Real Madrid - so it's not one of the brands that TGP have 'switched off'.

So it looks like a new sleeve sponsor is incoming, it'll be interesting to see who we get - my money is on an online trader/financial services company.

On 05/06/2023 at 01:34, stewiek2 said:

Unless they change it it's a horrible tacky cheap logo you'd expect on a league two team side.

Hang your head in shame Purslow l

I can't imagine Purslow gives a flying **** what the sponsor looks like, and neither will anybody he answers to

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Newcastle start selling theirs tomorrow, where the hell is ours Villa/Castore??? (They have a new sponsor as well like we do)

I can guess that we've had to wait til the new crest was decided and have had to get those manufactured.

We've not even officially announced the new sponsor yet either.

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Newcastle start selling theirs tomorrow, where the hell is ours Villa/Castore??? (They have a new sponsor as well like we do)

I think they terminated there contract early with Fun88 so are free to do as they please whereas our deal has a expiration date… 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Who the f*** are Sela?

Edit. I've just looked at their website and I still have no idea. Synergistic solutions or some bollox.

Sounds like a front for money laundering.

"Our solutions complete the 360 circle of experience excellence, we professionally provide quality solutions across different areas that lead to a smooth and hassle-free operations and management experience. We are the go-to for all your experience needs, providing cutting edge solutions that handle all aspects of operations and management to make your experience unforgettable." 

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU ACTUALLY DO?!?!?!

Edited by HKP90

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Who the f*** are Sela?

Edit. I've just looked at their website and I still have no idea. Synergistic solutions or some bollox.

Sounds like a front for money laundering.

"Our solutions complete the 360 circle of experience excellence, we professionally provide quality solutions across different areas that lead to a smooth and hassle-free operations and management experience. We are the go-to for all your experience needs, providing cutting edge solutions that handle all aspects of operations and management to make your experience unforgettable." 

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU ACTUALLY DO?!?!?!

They are Saudi PIF