Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Why are we always, always one of the last PL clubs to reveal our new kit? It's been that way for as long as I can remember and even everything else going right on and off the pitch doesn't seem to have changed this.

Even allowing for the occasions when we have a change in manufacturer or change in sponsor,  we are always late.

It is a very valid question and I've not heard a valid reason why. 

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

For weird reasons, I like it, I have to admit, I don't know why.

I wasn't talking about the kit there...maybe I needed this

Joke Fail GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Even allowing for the occasions when we have a change in manufacturer or change in sponsor,  we are always late.

It is a very valid question and I've not heard a valid reason why. 

The valid reason is those reasons though, we get x amount of pounds to have shorts made by one company and x amount of pounds or having a logo from a sponsor on the front

In the last 20 years we've changed kit supplier from diadora, Hummel, Nike, macron, under armour, Luke, kappa and now castore

In those years off the top of my head out sponsors have been rover, 32red on two different occasions, dafabet, acorns, QuickBooks, w88, cazoo, and our sponsor is changing again next season

It's frustrating I agree but the reason is we don't have continuity between kit maker and kit sponsor so it won't happen until we do

• Like 2

On 30/05/2023 at 21:12, Jimzk5 said:

The valid reason is those reasons though, we get x amount of pounds to have shorts made by one company and x amount of pounds or having a logo from a sponsor on the front

In the last 20 years we've changed kit supplier from diadora, Hummel, Nike, macron, under armour, Luke, kappa and now castore

In those years off the top of my head out sponsors have been rover, 32red on two different occasions, dafabet, acorns, QuickBooks, w88, cazoo, and our sponsor is changing again next season

It's frustrating I agree but the reason is we don't have continuity between kit maker and kit sponsor so it won't happen until we do

Annoying thing is for the last 6/7 years they’ve all been made and designed by the same company (Fanatics)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

Annoying thing is for the last 6/7 years they’ve all been made and designed by the same company (Fanatics)

I don't know if that's true, I was just saying we can't have a new kiy for those reasons 

On 31/05/2023 at 02:35, fightoffyour said:

You'd be safe if you fell out of a plane wearing those parachute shorts

Gary Neville looked like that in the 90's.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Another one I’ve found:

image.thumb.jpeg.51550a5d2fc6a41a14aba1e5b698f224.jpeg

The neck line is decent. The piping is decent. The faint stripes down the front are decent, the Castore logo is inoffensive. But the shirt blue doesn't match the badge blue. The claret is a bit too dark, and I prefer the darker shades. The sponsor logo is bleh, but not as awful as some are saying. If the Castore and BK8 logos were all gold, the shirt would look nicer.

Umbro nails claret. Hate to say it, but West Ham has a better claret than us. 

The collar is from the newcastle Saudi kit isn't it so it's something Castore do

Its OK, not screaming pay £70 but better than this year's, feels like Castore got the first safe kit out of the door and that one doesn't do enough

I didn't realise that was our sponsor for the next three seasons. I also thought there was a ban on betting sponsors, but now I see it's from 26/27 season. 

It looks like a betting sponsor. A cheap betting sponsor. Thought to be too gaudy for Norwich - honest to god, Norwich. Ah well whatever

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1

Cazoo was fine looking as a sponsor. This one looks like it is advertising how you order a value meal. 

Such a bad logo, on top of a bad corporate name. Just crap all the way down. 

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Unless they change it it's a horrible tacky cheap logo you'd expect on a league two team side.

Hang your head in shame Purslow l

Purslow got more money from them than we ever had from a sponsor. It's job done as far as he's concerned. It not looking aesthetically pleasing to fans is irrelevant to him and the club frankly.

• Like 3