Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Some one else will come along.

The finances thing is a smoke screen. We are well run and operate within our means. Yes we make losses every year, but that’s part of the growth plan and something the owners factor in, they lose £30m a year but the VALUE of the club continues to rise at a significantly greater rate. It’s why the owners are billionaires. We do need Europe however (in the next couple of seasons timeframe), the project is a failure without it, and things will get difficult, but it’s a quantum leap for the club financially once there and everything gets a zero added to the end.

Spot on. Thank you.

Okay, I haven't checked in on the progress of the Mateu Alemany rollercoaster on here yet, but my guess would be that we are currently at the 'he was never really interested in us' phase and fully entrenched in the 'it's him who should be embarrassed' phase, is that right? To start climbing again and show Matty got it wrong, Villa need a potential statement signing, then we can all get on with obsessing over the likelihood of him ditching Real and joining our Europa Conference League assent. 

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Some one else will come along.

The finances thing is a smoke screen. We are well run and operate within our means. Yes we make losses every year, but that’s part of the growth plan and something the owners factor in, they lose £30m a year but the VALUE of the club continues to rise at a significantly greater rate. It’s why the owners are billionaires. We do need Europe however (in the next couple of seasons timeframe), the project is a failure without it, and things will get difficult, but it’s a quantum leap for the club financially once there and everything gets a zero added to the end.

The pro-Barca media is spinning whatever they can to make us look weak. First it was a “blank cheque” to now “financial issues”. They are a circus and we are better off without these distractions. Onwards and upwards regardless. The most important person at the club besides NSWE is Unai. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Put it this way, if you're a Barca fan, would you want him back? 

If you're a Villa fan, would you want Delph back?

If I was a Barca fan yes I would want him back because he has now shown that even with the lure of a massive salary hike and a project where you get to do whatever you want, he still couldn't tear himself away from 'my' club. He has passed the ultimate loyalty test. Any temptation he had to walk could easily be explained away by Barca's current financial situation. He could say 'job well done' after winning the league and walk with his head held high, and even the president didn't badmouth him as he was leaving. Instead saying he couldn't say no to the offer on the table. And then he said no anyway. Plus I'd be getting back an obvious genius in the transfer market. Given the few years they've had as fans, and the job he has done, and the loyalty he has now shown to them, I don't think I'd be anything other than absolutely thrilled that he has decided to stay at Barca and continue their journey back to some kind of financial stability.

From an eye watering salary and blank check book for players last week, to being skint this week. 

Purslow must have gambled the crown Jewell’s on Arsenal beating Brighton at the weekend. Representative for Wellingborough :trollface: 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Like most on here, 2 weeks ago I’d never heard of him. It’s a shame he hasn’t joined, but you can’t miss hat you’ve never had. I’m sure we’ll find someone else.

Exactly. I don't think NSWE are the type to put all their eggs into one basket, they'll have had a shortlist of possible candidates with Emery, and we'll move for one of them.  None of this will impact our summer spending, as targets will have been in place for months, the only thing Alemany would have added this window is an extra negotiator.

• Like 1

I honestly couldn’t give a monkeys about this guy, he’s made his choice to stay at Barca’ so we’ll simply move on.

The most significant appointment a football club can make is hiring the right bloke in the dugout and we’ve appointed one of the very best IMO. 

• Like 3

It's all spin from the Spanish press to make us look cheap and inferior to their beloved league, by saying we aren't willing to invest. I believe we are indeed willing to invest. However, this is man who is used to, say, making free signings but paying £3-400k a week wages. We simply don't or I believe are willing to operate like that, ie we have, quite rightly, a salary gap.

My belief is that he clearly has met and given names and salaries to be told that whilst we have a hefty budget and can spend we have to do so within the rules of FFP and such we have to find balance between fees and salaries, and thus he's got the hump. He's just come from a club who, like Madrid, PSG and other big European clubs, actually don't give a shit about FFP to a club whose very CEO helped write the Premier League rules on it.

I also believe alot of players targeted for this summer were done in January and he may have been told this and that we'd look at one or two of his suggestions and not all of them, again giving him the old hump.

So what I'm saying is that whilst the Spanish press are saying we are unwilling to invest, they mean unwilling to invest at a European powerhouse level. Of course we'll invest, but we will within FFP rules. It may change again which rules we adhere to depending if we get Europe or not.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 4

Looks like he played hardball and won a battle with Barca between him or Messi - that's quite a battle to have won.

He wanted them to buy younger, add value to the squad that could help them financially in the long term and bring an energy to the project, they wanted Messi back, so he said up yours I'm off - looks like they changed their mind, sacked Cryuff, gave him more control and went with his idea instead.

Meh.

• Like 1

This is the same bitter Barcelona that only refer to what they have won in their museum😩. No mention of when we turned them over me😀😀😀. As for not having a pot to piss in they should look in the mirror!  They are corrupt and been bailed out by the Spanish government more than once!  They are skint and we have plenty😀😀😀

3 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Okay, I haven't checked in on the progress of the Mateu Alemany rollercoaster on here yet, but my guess would be that we are currently at the 'he was never really interested in us' phase and fully entrenched in the 'it's him who should be embarrassed' phase, is that right? To start climbing again and show Matty got it wrong, Villa need a potential statement signing, then we can all get on with obsessing over the likelihood of him ditching Real and joining our Europa Conference League assent. 

Don't forget the fact that we are also skint 

• Haha 1

As I hear more about this guy, I am beginning to think we may have dodged a bullet here.

The talk of massive salaries being offered is scary and does not sound like a good business model.

He does not sound like the sort of guy who would fit in with how our owners want the club to be.

I find it all a little bit strange, although I realise you cannot take everything you read as gospel.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

As I hear more about this guy, I am beginning to think we may have dodged a bullet here.

The talk of massive salaries being offered is scary and does not sound like a good business model.

He does not sound like the sort of guy who would fit in with how our owners want the club to be.

I find it all a little bit strange, although I realise you cannot take everything you read as gospel.

Maybe we've decided to pull the plug on the deal, but it's being reported by the Spanish media that he's done a U-turn.

We'll probably never know the real reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe we've decided to pull the plug on the deal, but it's being reported by the Spanish media that he's done a U-turn.

We'll probably never know the real reason.

Was just thinking this.

Similarly to player and manager " races ".

We could have pulled out, but the other side want to save face, and we agree to allow them to do it.

As we don't really comment on speculation anyway.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â