Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently he was offered the same role at Newcastle initially as well.

So that will be both him and emery, who have chosen to come to us.

Speaks volumes!

I think it might have been more a timing issue, but I'm all for your view! 

• Like 1

Quite a coup for us and I really loved the reference to it being "impossible for Barca to match the English club's offer". By the way, does anyone else see any similarity below...or is it just me?:D

Sportdirektor verlässt FC Barcelona: Mateu Alemany sucht neue  Herausforderung - Sportbuzzer.de image.jpeg.76fa0fc021a4171d78ea49a327668144.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 04/05/2023 at 18:59, Zatman said:

Collomoose has a source at Villa, he has leaked some big transfers first so I imagine its coming from somebody at the club

And conveniently fits your narrative.

Aside from the fact that Alemany pushed for youth at Barca rather then extending older players. In addition to his great work at Valencia on limited money.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Aside from the fact that Alemany pushed for youth at Barca rather then extending older players. In addition to his great work at Valencia on limited money.

Yup from one of the highest average aged squads in the league to one of the lowest speaks for itself really. I also don’t like Barca but I won’t let it cloud my judgement to the fact that the club is actually on the up now .

Edited by gwi1890

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Gavi to Villa confirmed 🤣

20 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Did this guy sell ground name to Spotify at Barca or would that be a different position at club that sorts stuff like that out?

I'd guess it depends on the club as to how far the role extends, but as director of football i'd expect that he did not.

If he pushed for it to give himself more FFP wiggle room, or the CEO demanded it to give him more, is another matter.

We have Nicola Ibbetson (sp?) that does those sort of things for us.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Did this guy sell ground name to Spotify at Barca or would that be a different position at club that sorts stuff like that out?

I think its the "Spotify Nou Camp". I could handle the "Apple Music Villa Park" as long as "Villa Park" remains prominent.

Make it rain with the pound notes bitchessss!

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought Barca were **** for years at one point so It’s crazy they are about to win the league. Whatever his part was in that he deserves credit. 

From everything I’ve seen the last few days I think he played a huge part in it

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â