Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

He signed a Striker who has scored 29 goals in 41 games for them. 

His brief was to keep Barcelona able to Challenge for La Liga and be in ECL to ensure the revenues are coming in. He has been very successful at that given the immense difficulty. Barca are clear in La Liga.

He took Valencia from consecutive 12th placed finishes before he joined. To consecutive 4th place finishes in the 2 seasons he was there.

He's a superb appointment. He can work in financial constraints to get players in who have an impact

Christensen was another major free signing for them. But I’m sure someone will quote his wages back to try and prove this guy doesn’t know his brief or something. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He won’t suddenly sign a bunch of superstars to Villa. We’re not Barcelona and I’m sure Alemany understands that as well.

His record at Valencia shows an astute eye for young players and finding quality loans and turning them into deals - Guedes and Kondogbia were big factors in Valencia’s upturn years ago. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Supposedly. But never believe anything spanish sports media say. Its like sunday sport levels of truth 

You seriously expect me to believe that bloke was not turned into fish fingers by aliens and that Elvis, Shergar, Lord Lucan and a number 75 bus are not living and on the moon 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He signed a Striker who has scored 29 goals in 41 games for them. 

His brief was to keep Barcelona able to Challenge for La Liga and be in ECL to ensure the revenues are coming in. He has been very successful at that given the immense difficulty. Barca are clear in La Liga.

He took Valencia from consecutive 12th placed finishes before he joined. To consecutive 4th place finishes in the 2 seasons he was there.

He's a superb appointment. He can work in financial constraints to get players in who have an impact

Not really sure what that would prove.  I mean it's not like he discovered Lewandowski, everybody knows he's one of the best strikers in the world, he wanted to play for Barca, he would have ended up there regardless if Alemany was at the club or not.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Christensen was another major free signing for them. But I’m sure someone will quote his wages back to try and prove this guy doesn’t know his brief or something. 

Whats funny is the wages quoted are like bog average for a club the size of Barcelona. But WOAH 200k a week!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Saw some rumours about one of the reasons he’s leaving Barcelona is that he was against bringing Messi back. 

Is that because he doesn't think Messi is worth signing anymore or because a deal is already in place to bring him to Villa? :detect:

Just now, duke313 said:

Not really sure what that would prove.  I mean it's not like he discovered Lewandowski, everybody knows he's one of the best strikers in the world, he wanted to play for Barca, he would have ended up there regardless if Alemany was at the club or not.

He got him though. His brief was not go find some young talent for the future please. It was we have very tight financial constraints and we need to stay competitive. Please figure out a way we can get the players we need in. 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Is that because he doesn't think Messi is worth signing anymore or because a deal is already in place to bring him to Villa? :detect:

Also rumours that Alemany was against giving new deals to older players like Busquets and wanted more focus on young players 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Whats funny is the wages quoted are like bog average for a club the size of Barcelona. But WOAH 200k a week!! 

Post was that he was a shrewd negotiator. He wasnt paying Lewandowski or Kessie 100k a week or plucked them from nowhere

Barcelona squad he build has actually done nothing in Europe

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Post was that he was a shrewd negotiator. He wasnt paying Lewandowski or Kessie 100k a week or plucked them from nowhere

Because that was the remit of his job. And he succeeded and proven a big loss for the club. Why you seem so keen to undermine it and cherry pick points over others is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

At Barcelona his job was to create a team that could compete, and because reasons mainly through free transfers. That means high player wages (we have it too with Kamara).

He hasn’t worked that way before, as far as I know, and probably won’t at Villa.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He got him though. His brief was not go find some young talent for the future please. It was we have very tight financial constraints and we need to stay competitive. Please figure out a way we can get the players we need in. 

That's not really surprising since Lewandowski wanted Barca and Barca wanted Lewandowski.  

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He paid 45 million for a 33 year old Lewandowski and gave a 4 year deal on 10 million a year which increases per season up to 16 million in season 3

Kessie is on 250k a week 5 year contract

Not sure his negotiating skills on these should be praised

My take on the lewandowski signing is Barca needed a striker and they got one of the best strikers in the world, who’s now la liga top scorer even at 34. They might only get 2/3 seasons out of him but if that includes winning league titles and cup success then it’s probably worth it. Wolves just paid 44 million for cunha.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He paid 45 million for a 33 year old Lewandowski and gave a 4 year deal on 10 million a year which increases per season up to 16 million in season 3

Kessie is on 250k a week 5 year contract

Not sure his negotiating skills on these should be praised

"negotiated the free signings" :lol:

What a genius.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that we are getting this the wrong way round. He negotiated the sale of Emerson Royal and Junior Firpo to spurs and Leeds respectively.  That is genius levels of skill.

I am looking forward to Sanson going for 20 mill to Spurs and a Nakamba signing battle where Athleti win out at 30 mill plus De Paul 

We need to actually profit on sales for a change and he's absolutely the man to do it 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â