Midweek Football 1/4 May

andykeenan

Just now, Genie said:

It’s a contact sport, surely that’s not right?

If a penalty is given on-field, and there’s contact (however slight), the VAR directive is to stay with the onfield ‘subjective’ decision. 

a VAR intervention in that case would be classed as a mistake. 

Just now, Genie said:

It’s a contact sport, surely that’s not right?

It's not though, in the sense you mean, is it? You can't fail to win the ball and make contact with someone on the way through, that's just not supported by the rules, hasn't been for a long long time.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's not though, in the sense you mean, is it? You can't fail to win the ball and make contact with someone on the way through, that's just not supported by the rules, hasn't been for a long long time.

Nunez made contact with Diop. His standing leg in fact, which didn’t fail to win the ball. 

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Brighton?? They have 3 games in hand, they won't be missing out on Europe, it is obviously going to be us.

Is that fact or opinion? Cause I'll call you on it, being that 5 of there last games are Man U,  Arsenal,  City , Newcastle and us last game of the season. Its not obvious at all.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nunez made contact with Diop. His standing leg in fact, which didn’t fail to win the ball. 

Diop dallied, did not have possession of the ball, Nunez stole it away and went over his leg. You simply don't get away with those now, it's a penalty all day long, whether you or I think it should be or not.

Edited by est1874
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Is that fact or opinion? Cause I'll call you on it, being that 5 of there* last games are Man U,  Arsenal,  City , Newcastle and us last game of the season. Its* not obvious at all.

They'll finish above us. Probably comfortably.

It's their* and it's*, by the way.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Diop dallied, did not have possession of the ball, and Nunez went over his leg. You simply don't get away with those now, it's a penalty all day long, whether you or I think it should be or not.

He jumped into the air, and contacted Diop on the way down. It’s never a pen. And fans accepting it as a pen makes the entire situation 1000x worse. 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Ahh fact then, although I think you need to do a little more homework on it.

An I'm not writing this as part of an exam, so no need to correct my grammer thanks.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He jumped into the air, and contacted Diop on the way down. It’s never a pen. And fans accepting it as a pen makes the entire situation 1000x worse. 

To be fair I agree. If that's a pen, it's a great way of getting penalties. Just jump over, or in front of a trailing/kicking leg.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

He did not "jump into the air", and you saying that tells me you don't play much football. Have you the faintest clue what an average person does with their body moving at speed when they make a split-second realization that contact is about to be made?

I suppose if it was you, you'd have chosen to make much firmer contact with Diop's knee and accepted the tear in your quad muscle that would have ended your season.

Nunez has every right to go for the ball there, every right to win it, and every right to try to awkwardly dodge a worse impact than the one he got.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He did not "jump into the air", and you saying that tells me you don't play much football. Have you the faintest clue what an average person does with their body moving at speed when they make a split-second realization that contact is about to be made?

I suppose if it was you, you'd have chosen to make much firmer contact with Diop's knee and accepted the tear in your quad muscle that would have ended your season.

Nunez has every right to go for the ball there, every right to win it, and every right to try to awkwardly dodge a worse impact than the one he got.

The whole playing football argument thing...

You do that in the old kiddy division 6 on a Sunday morning you quite definitely are not getting a penalty

The defender could have booted you 10ft in the air and you'd have been lucky to have got a penalty

• Like 2

Just now, est1874 said:

You've never seen my arse, I assure you it's pert and toned. I play three times a week, but I bet my big brother could beat up your big brother! Shall we leave the childish name-calling out?

I play 8 times a week, wanna scrap?

• Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

The whole playing football argument thing...

You do that in the old kiddy division 6 on a Sunday morning you quite definitely are not getting a penalty

The defender could have booted you 10ft in the air and you'd have been lucky to have got a penalty

So the Prem should be officiated like the old kiddy division 6 on a Sunday morning, should it?

What nonsense are you spouting here now, you sound like Souness.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So the Prem should be officiated like the old kiddy division 6 on a Sunday morning, should it?

What nonsense are you spouting here now, you sound like Souness.

Its already been reffed at that level

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Ah come off it. Your posts are genuinely okay, but to play the whole grammar correction card is just daft.

In the day and age of mobile phones and auto spell/correct features it's just a bit of a daft thing to pull someone up on. You're better than that.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

to play the whole grammar correction card is just daft.

In the day and age of mobile phones and auto spell/correct features it's just a bit of a daft thing to pull someone up on. You're better than that.

Your*

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â