The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Salah to Saudi very close so could well not be playing v us on Sunday.

Oh this would be absolutely brilliant and hillarious at the same time.

Make it happen at the 12th hour leaving Liverplop bugger all time and little chance to sign a replacement either.

😂

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

When Cole Palmer signs, Chelsea will have now pushed through the £1bn spending figure under Boehly, in just over a year.

Would not be surprised if they spent another £100m bringing in a striker before tomorrow night as well.

If you don't count academy players, Only Thiago Silva, Chilwell and Bettinelli are there from the Abramovich era

They won the Champions League 2 years ago 😂

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If he can get his fitness up that is potentially a massive coup with how they play.

Him on one side and Mitoma on the other, going to be deadly on the counter.

Is his fitness an issue?  He played 40+ times last season.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

And City buying a player for 45 million. All to get around FFP

It seems like your youth system is just a way to generate revenue to enable you to get around FFP. Everyone is selling off any young player worth anything, including us. 

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

It seems like your youth system is just a way to generate revenue to enable you to get around FFP. Everyone is selling off any young player worth anything, including us. 

it is, on the quiet man city buy a lot of young talent too, loan them around their other clubs and then flip them at a profit

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

When Cole Palmer signs, Chelsea will have now pushed through the £1bn spending figure under Boehly, in just over a year.

Would not be surprised if they spent another £100m bringing in a striker before tomorrow night as well.

And they will flop again. Palmer is a big prospect but not £45m. Utter madness. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Fati to Brighton is mental 😂

Some Spanish journalists are saying they will cover 70-75% of his salary too. I have no idea what he’s on at Barca. I am sceptical but I guess for such an arrangement it’s still lower than a permanent deal. 

Edited by The_Steve

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Some Spanish journalists are saying they will cover 70-75% of his salary too. I have no idea what he’s on at Barca. I am sceptical but I guess for such an arrangement it’s still lower than a permanent deal. 

Apparently he is on 260,000 euros a week

Barcelona. Please explain to me why any player would want to sign for them?

No guarantee you will be registered to play when you sign.

Even when you do their childish fans will get bored of you within 6 months as your not as good as Messi.

The club won't play you and try to force you to leave even though they gave you a massive contract to sign.

Begging teams to take their cast off and expecting to be paid too.

Messi is gone. They are nothing now.

I hate that club so much

54 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And they will flop again. Palmer is a big prospect but not £45m. Utter madness. 

I actually think “up to” £45m is pretty reasonable for Palmer in whatever the Premier League market is now. He’s a cracking player.

Not exactly what Chelsea need, mind. 

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Iconic side, massive wages, huge chance of winning things. I imagine most players would want to sign for Barcelona. 

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I actually think “up to” £45m is pretty reasonable for Palmer in whatever the Premier League market is now. He’s a cracking player.

Not exactly what Chelsea need, mind. 

He’s probably going to be a very good player and I get City don’t need to sell. Chelsea are just a basket case of a club. We shall see. 

40 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No guarantee you will be registered to play when you sign.

Even when you do their childish fans will get bored of you within 6 months as your not as good as Messi.

The club won't play you and try to force you to leave even though they gave you a massive contract to sign.

Begging teams to take their cast off and expecting to be paid too.

Messi is gone. They are nothing now.

I hate that club so much

You get a big contract from Alemany and Barcelona on the CV

Probably a nice payoff to leave as well