The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seemingly part of Southamptons brilliant £80m PL midfield along with JWP... 

To be fair not seen enough of him or Southampton but it does seem mad, livramento was injured but he went for £40m too

Mental how they went down with a whimper and suddenly they're getting 40+ mil for these?

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Mental how they went down with a whimper and suddenly they're getting 40+ mil for these?

id lazily guess that che adams being their striker is the main reason, looking at wiki they also didnt seem to have a settled team, only JWP started every game, walker peters is the only other player with 30 starts 

but yeah to then start selling players off at those figures looks strange

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

id lazily guess that che adams being their striker is the main reason, looking at wiki they also didnt seem to have a settled team, only JWP started every game, walker peters is the only other player with 30 starts 

but yeah to then start selling players off at those figures looks strange

When we got relegated, we got about £10m for Ashley Westwood and Idrissa Gueye 🤣

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Watching some of these teams who haven't improved their squad and messing about when the season starts in a couple of days. I've never understood the penny pinching mentality of waiting until the end of the window, it's so valuable to get your players in for pre season and the first few matches.

Some clubs are simply badly run and badly organised. Usually spells disaster. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

When we got relegated, we got about £10m for Ashley Westwood and Idrissa Gueye 🤣

That was when our chief executive used to put low release clauses in the contracts for shits and giggles. I think Gueye's was lower than what we paid? 🤦

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

That was when our chief executive used to put low release clauses in the contracts for shits and giggles. I think Gueye's was lower than what we paid? 🤦

Think Gueye was a relegation release clause unlike snakey snake

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think Gueye was a relegation release clause unlike snakey snake

Yeah still really poor from whoever negotiated the contract though.

Was claimed recently that Tom Fox was shocked that Liverpool met Benteke's release clause too 🙄

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't think it's that strange? Relegated sides can still have highly promising players, it's not a damning indictment of every player in the squad. 

17 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Do Chelsea plan on registering a B and C team in the lower leagues so they can give all of these midfielders game time? 

Bizarrely they have a thread bare midfield as it stands.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Courtois has done his ACL in training this morning at Madrid's training ground.

I'd presume De Gea must be his replacement.

That is quite a leap, but also could be right.