The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

27 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Its hilarious if West Ham end up paying 40m for Maguire.

I can hear Southgate wanking over that video 

Chelsea signing Monaco defender Axel Disasi for around £38M.

I can't believe how much Chelsea have managed to spend over the last 12 months without a great squad to show for it or even many top players.

In fact I'd go as far as to say their squad was better 12-18 months ago!

Edited by villan95

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Ndiaye to Marseille is a bit of a waste, would have liked to have seen him in the prem, think he would have done quite well 

Its the team he supports

• Sad 1

Arsenal supposedly interested in signing Raya from Brentford.

Its hilarious how quickly arsenal fans have turned from “ramsdale is the best in the league” to “he’s got a mistake in him so it makes sense to get some competition” 

• Haha 2

Raya will back himself to take the shirt from ramsdale full time, his passing stats are better than ramsdale but I also think he will be spending a lot of time on the bench. A solid GK but also think arsenal perhaps could have strengthened another area. This and the havertz signing are good additions but not sure they are the most pressing positions 

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Raya will back himself to take the shirt from ramsdale full time, his passing stats are better than ramsdale but I also think he will be spending a lot of time on the bench. A solid GK but also think arsenal perhaps could have strengthened another area. This and the havertz signing are good additions but not sure they are the most pressing positions 

Yeah maybe although I can't help thinking having 2 goalkeepers who are both used to being no.1 never usually works out. 1 usually leaves within 12 months. 

I think Timber is a good signing to strengthen them at RB/CB where they were a bit weak last season. Plus Rice of course (although I think they overpaid). I do think they're probably still missing something though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Sheffield United to go straight back down, sell your talisman for £20mil when newly promoted to the premier league, no ambition from them 

Takeover fiasco has totally fecked them over. No sign of that being resolved imminently so they'll just come up and do a Norwich.

Lost Ndiaye and Doyle and McAtee from Man. City haven't returned yet so they've got barely any quality in final third.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wober gone to gladbach on loan from leeds - they must be down to around 7 players by now

Rebic to besiktas on a free from milan

Leeds are a bit like Wolves, had endless players out on loan last season who'll replace the endless players they're now putting out on loan.

Dan James and Helder Costa are still actually Leeds players and I assume will be starting for them in the championship at the weekend.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Leeds are a bit like Wolves, had endless players out on loan last season who'll replace the endless players they're now putting out on loan.

Dan James and Helder Costa are still actually Leeds players and I assume will be starting for them in the championship at the weekend.

I would guess that with the number of players Leeds have out on loan they didn't put wage reductions in the contracts and are now having to shift them all off the books, that's now 6 first teamers out on loan

Didn't see they'd signed ampadu for 8m from Chelsea, I know he's got injury problems but is he really worth 4x what we'd be lucky to get for Hause?

Just now, villa4europe said:

I would guess that with the number of players Leeds have out on loan they didn't put wage reductions in the contracts and are now having to shift them all off the books, that's now 6 first teamers out on loan

Didn't see they'd signed ampadu for 8m from Chelsea, I know he's got injury problems but is he really worth 4x what we'd be lucky to get for Hause?

I think that's a very interesting signing. Ampadu someone I'd have been happy for us to sign 2-3 years back but he's stalled a bit in his loans (although still played regularly at the lowly Serie A clubs he's been).

Got the message he needed to get out of Chelsea at least rather than hanging on. This is someone Leipzig were happy to take on loan when he was 18 so there's still huge potential there although ideal position for me is in a 3 man backline although a few of the Welsh Villains on here might disagree.

Leeds will be alright with a few more signings of that calibre as they badly need to bring the average age of their side down now.