The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

He might be brilliant in 4 seasons and the money looks like nothing...

...but that is a LOT of money for someone who has done so little.  He's had 2 seasons of professional football - 2!

So did Rooney.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's vastly over rated. Highlights player and probably really good in FIFA so people think he's better than he is. 

Regardless, he's good enough to play in the Premier league, even if he is slightly overrated. I just don't understand why a player in the prime of his career,  with plenty of days still ahead of him, would choose to play in a meaningless competition. 

At least Messi, the humble man he is, had the decency to say No! That was always the difference between him and Ronaldo, Messi played with a passion and grace that resonated with football fans all over the World. The other one, as good as he was, an ego driven, spoilt brat. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Cavani gone to boca

Miami signed an argie called facundo farias for 5m, Suarez has bought out his contract with gremio in an attempt to join but he can't until January

Karl darlow to Leeds from Newcastle

Nico Gonzalez to Porto putting 10m in barca coffers

El bilal toure to atalanta for 28m

Valencia seem to be following the Everton route for self destruction, stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season and now letting go of any high wage earners and just relying on youth players to plug the gaps. Think I saw Musah is quite close to moving to AC Milan.

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

So did Rooney.

Rooney also moved as a teenager (from what I remember, anyway :D) and was scoring in the Premier League aged 16. 

Maybe Hojlund is a generational talent, though.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Rooney also moved as a teenager (from what I remember, anyway :D) and was scoring in the Premier League aged 16. 

Maybe Hojlund is a generational talent, though.

Maybe United see that in Hojlund. Anyway don’t think it matters, £70m is nothing to United, like us spending £20m

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Regardless, he's good enough to play in the Premier league, even if he is slightly overrated. I just don't understand why a player in the prime of his career,  with plenty of days still ahead of him, would choose to play in a meaningless competition. 

At least Messi, the humble man he is, had the decency to say No! That was always the difference between him and Ronaldo, Messi played with a passion and grace that resonated with football fans all over the World. The other one, as good as he was, an ego driven, spoilt brat. 

Messi went to play in the MLS. Whats the difference?

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Maybe United see that in Hojlund. Anyway don’t think it matters, £70m is nothing to United, like us spending £20m

They could spend another £20m and get Kane though which seems a far safer bet?

Hojlund has age on his side but there’s not an insignificant chance that he flips in which case Utd will have wasted another extortionate amount of money. You get Kane and you get guaranteed goals for the next couple of seasons at least

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

About -£500k/wk and a playing in a “more appropriate” culture?

Messi is on a paltry 1 million a week playing in a country which probably has as many or even more human rights violations than Saudi Arabia 😝

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

About -£500k/wk and a playing in a “more appropriate” culture?

Isn't Messi an ambassador for the Saudi tourist board, earning millions to promote them? Plus he was paid by the Qataris for 2 years. 

I'm not saying its right or wrong. Messi and Ronaldo were both magnificent players, and have had amazing careers, but they both follow the money to some degree. 

Its funny because out of the 2 of them, I would have thought Ronaldo would be the one playing in the MLS, as it would suit his ego more! :)

15 hours ago, villan95 said:

Man Utd agree Hojlund deal for £72M

Man United are terrible negotiators. They dawdle for ages then just pay the asking fee anyway! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its funny because out of the 2 of them, I would have thought Ronaldo would be the one playing in the MLS, as it would suit his ego more! :)

It would but the US police are waiting for him

• Like 1

To be honest I wonder if Kane would fit in as well anywhere else. He basically has the run of the place at Spurs, plays pretty much a totally free role etc. For any type of 'system' manager he'd be constantly irritating them dropping deep to get the ball to play it forward to.... Nobody as the striker has withdrawn to get there ball and now nobody is up top. While he's never been super quick either he seems like he's slowing down already as well, or maybe he was just unmotivated at spurs last year.

Also might not be a bad thing for us to have an even more demotivated Kane at Spurs for another year with the weight of the saga hanging over the whole club again. I mean they are going on like their season was an abject disaster and we only beat them by a point (granted they had a 13 game head start).

3 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Hojlund has age on his side but there’s not an insignificant chance that he flips in which case Utd will have wasted another extortionate amount of money. You get Kane and you get guaranteed goals for the next couple of seasons at least

Could they? I’d imagine if an English club came in for Kane the reported fee would go up. And besides, if he stays at Spurs they’ll get him for free next summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JPJCB said:

All good saying an extra £20 million gets you Kane but I think it’s been well reported Spurs do not want to sell him to another Premier League club which is why Man Utd probably haven’t bothered bidding for him. Man City couldn’t get Kane out a couple of years ago despite Kane pretty much trying to force the move through (saying he wants to leave and not turning up for pre season training on time) though Spurs did have more power in terms of negotiations with 3 years left. Kane has cost himself by not putting a release clause in when he signed the contract like Grealish. 

It’s tough getting key players out of mid table Prem teams these days never mind teams that have had finished top 6 consistently over recent years without paying ridiculous money £100 million+  (Rice the latest example) so no wonder why teams go abroad now. 

I don’t know much about Hojland but his going to be under pressure, might have to wait before judging him.