The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

All valid points but a free transfer can make a player much more appealing to a club. 

Huge wages (isn't Turkey a low tax country so that will balance out compared to getting 200kpw here) and he tends to get a few injuries now in seasons so with him being 30 that would be a warning sign.

I've always thought of him as a Collymore type, matchwinner on his day but not sure about the dynamic behind the scenes).

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Zaha move is an odd one. Would have quite liked him here in all honesty. 

Agree, a strange move. That's the sort of move you make toward the end of your career. I wouldn't want him at Villa though. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

No way they can have offered him much more than Palace. Only answer is they were the only Champions League to come in for him and he wanted to experience that before he retires. Got a bit of respect for that tbh doing that rather than going to Saudi. Much easier options for him to take but he’s done the uncomfortable thing in order to tick a box for his career.

Losing Olise and Zaha for £35m is going to be painful for a club like Palace. Need to be very careful about their next moves or next season could quickly get difficult for Roy. I’m amazed nobody had a deal done for last day of season if he really had that release clause, that is a real bargain. 

Turkish teams pay big money, I think a lot is off the books but Galatasaray have signed Icardi and Zaniolo ahead of Premier League clubs recently

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Turkish teams pay big money, I think a lot is off the books but Galatasaray have signed Icardi and Zaniolo ahead of Premier League clubs recently

Yeah that’s true but Palace offered him big money too. Think CL must have been the winning factor. 

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Zaha to Galatasaray is odd. He's a very good player even in his later years, he can still add to a squad like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and even us.

Either try and win something or go and get a bag in Saudi/MLS. Galatasaray just confuses me, I really can't understand it.

Rejected more money at Palace and a move to Saudi Arabia apparently. Seems an odd move but maybe he genuinely just wants to play for a big club (in some ways) and Champions League football

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

This one will rumble on. Premier League clubs should be knocking the door with Bayern if they ‘have’ to sell. Levy won’t like that. 

If buying clubs are smart, they'll leave it as late as possible in the window.  Less likely Spurs can find a replacement that way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If buying clubs are smart, they'll leave it as late as possible in the window.  Less likely Spurs can find a replacement that way.

I dont think its possible for Spurs to get a good replacement. Looking around the Premier League for example maybe Toney but he is banned then looking maybe Mitrovic or Calvert Lewin or Wilson if wanted 1st team football but all a downgrade

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think its possible for Spurs to get a good replacement. Looking around the Premier League for example maybe Toney but he is banned then looking maybe Mitrovic or Calvert Lewin or Wilson if wanted 1st team football but all a downgrade

Keinan Davis is ready made for them, £30m still huge  profit on Kane. Levy would love it. 
Joking aside if Kane does go, I can see them trying cheaply for Watkins and being told to F off 

Edited by mikeyp102

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Wolves have the stench of death around them.

Looks like mendes has finished using them to launder money. Back down to the championship with them, where they belong.