The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

18 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Wow they managed to convince Tonali to join them, fair enough I didn’t think he’d ever leave Milan.

£££

Tonali and Barella. Newcastle proving to be very good in the transfer market so far. Howe must have zero influence on transfers given the turd he signed at bournemouth.

And there are people asking why I keep saying Newcastle will be top 4 every season from now on. Their signings will get more and more ridiculous as time progresses and we will never, ever be able to compete with them in that way as long as theyvare Saudi owned.

25 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

And there are people asking why I keep saying Newcastle will be top 4 every season from now on. Their signings will get more and more ridiculous as time progresses and we will never, ever be able to compete with them in that way as long as theyvare Saudi owned.

Is it any more ridiculous than us signing Kamara? They have CL football which will no doubt increase the caliber of player they sign this year. We have to try to sneak a spot one of these years in order to keep up. Very unlikely, but that's really the only thing separating us in terms of revenue.

30 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Having good players doesn't guarantee top 4 every season though.

See: Chelsea

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is it any more ridiculous than us signing Kamara? They have CL football which will no doubt increase the caliber of player they sign this year. We have to try to sneak a spot one of these years in order to keep up. Very unlikely, but that's really the only thing separating us in terms of revenue.

I mean they will sign more and more outstanding players year on year.

There is already evidence of them flouting FFP with their new shirt deal. We won't be getting, anywhere near them for decades.

And before anyone suggests thats crazy, we haven't finished above Man United for decades and they've been bloody.awful by their standards for a third of that time. This is different because FFP will stop us catching the oil state owned clubs who won't have to worry about FFP as they find ways round it, like Man City and already, Newcastle.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I mean they will sign more and more outstanding players year on year.

There is already evidence of them flouting FFP with their new shirt deal. We won't be getting, anywhere near them for decades.

And before anyone suggests thats crazy, we haven't finished above Man United for decades and they've been bloody.awful by their standards for a third of that time. This is different because FFP will stop us catching the oil state owned clubs who won't have to worry about FFP as they find ways round it, like Man City and already, Newcastle.

This is correct. We won't be near Newcastle again for a long long time

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's an anomaly. Chelsea will be back in the top 6 next season. 

Probably, but at the end of the day there's so much quality among the top 10 or so in the PL that the idea that Newcastle are all but guaranteed top 4 for seasons to come seems very fanciful. The only team that really applies to is Man City.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Probably, but at the end of the day there's so much quality among the top 10 or so in the PL that the idea that Newcastle are all but guaranteed top 4 for seasons to come seems very fanciful. The only team that really applies to is Man City.

If it applies to Man City then it qpplies to Newcastle. I'm shocked actually that nobody seems to realise just what's happened with this Saudi takeover. They will win absolutely everything and become the dominate force in world football. They are that rich and that determined to do it. It may take a couple of years until their first trophy but it'll happen as sure as day. 

7 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Wow they managed to convince Tonali to join them, fair enough I didn’t think he’d ever leave Milan.

Has he actually kicked on as a player after his early promise at Brescia?

14 caps for Italy since making his debut in 2019 isn't that amazing.

Barella is very good so happy Newcastle aren't signing him at least.