The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

13 hours ago, villaglint said:

Saudis are coming to take the game and nobody knows what to do about it. 

Everyone know exactly what to do, stick your head in the trough and gobble up as much money as possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

On what planet could a club like Al Hilal suddenly have the capital to pay £50m and wages for Neves if not owned by the Saudis?! It’s the perfect middle finger to FFP and a great loophole for distorting the market even further. They could easily immediately loan him out to their pet projects in Newcastle. 

What do you mean here? FFP is not applicable outside Europe.

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

According to Gregg Evans we were interested too hence Olof being at the Brighton game

Oooh that’s interesting, I wonder if we’ll watch over his development and make a move once he has some more experience 

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Oooh that’s interesting, I wonder if we’ll watch over his development and make a move once he has some more experience 

Needs to grow a beard before moving here.

• Like 1

Up until a few days ago we wouldn't have been able to sign him as we couldn't sign under eighteens from Europe, only way around it would have been to buy him for Vitoria with a view to coming here when he's eighteen. Rules have changed again in last few days, and as far as I'm aware we're now allowed to sign players from Europe as young as sixteen again, which is good for us in two ways, gives us a chance to pick up more players like Bogarde, and will put us at less risk of losing our better players entering their first year of scholarhip to other clubs, if they've got the whole of Europe to choose from rather than just the UK, rule change has come in too late to affect this summer though, so just have to hope we don't lose too many.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, villa89 said:

Everyone know exactly what to do, stick your head in the trough and gobble up as much money as possible. 

Yes. This summer, it really feels, too, like we're operating on a tilted pitch, more so than ever. It's not just that big clubs with seemingly unlimited resources keep splashing cash everywhere -- Todd Boelhy only being the most vivid example -- but it's the way this pattern has changed reality for everyone else in the market for talent. It's almost as if Chelsea and ManCity and PSG are hoarding talent. The "grabbing hands grab all they can." Is it any wonder that clubs like Sporting have fixed ridiculous asking prices on players such as Pedro Gonçalves? They almost can't afford not to play to this **** up market.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Arsenal’s scouting network seems crap they are only in for relegated players and premier players. It’s quite opposite of Emery’s time there finding gems like Martinelli and Saliba.

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Arsenal’s scouting network seems crap they are only in for relegated players and premier players. It’s quite opposite of Emery’s time there finding gems like Martinelli and Saliba.

Dunno they've been linked with timber from ajax

Havertz I'm not convinced by, rice makes them better

6 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Arsenal spending big by the looks of it. 

Rice, Havertz, Timber, Lavia.

Thats 200 mill alone and I'm sure they will want others. 

This is why we need to follow suit and spend a similar amount this summer.

It will get to a point where the Top 6 will be spending so much more than everyone else it will become even more of a challenge to break into the Top 4.

FFP working its magic.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This is why we need to follow suit and spend a similar amount this summer.

It will get to a point where the Top 6 will be spending so much more than everyone else it will become even more of a challenge to break into the Top 4.

FFP working its magic.

They already do...

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Transfermarket saying nkunku to chelsea is €65m euro, I thought he was a free transfer! Crazy money (again)

how do they get away with it?

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Transfermarket saying nkunku to chelsea is €65m euro, I thought he was a free transfer! Crazy money (again)

At today prices, my though was that the Nkunku price is extremely reasonable. 25 year old attacking midfielder who manager 35 goals last season and 23 this season. 

Althoug logic would say that Chelsea have destroyed the FFP rules and should not be able to afford anything 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I think the reason for this is that they sucessfully managed to get rid of badically all deadwood, now they just need some quality. Their wage structure surely is much lower than the redt of the sky 6?

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Arsenal spending big by the looks of it. 

Rice, Havertz, Timber, Lavia.

Thats 200 mill alone and I'm sure they will want others. 

There's not a chance we will be doing that and we wouldn't be allowed to even if we wanted to. The revenue of the top 6 is such that we cannot compete. That was the point of FFP, to close the door behind the favoured clubs and pull the ladder up.

We will do very, very well to finish 7th again next year ad Chelsea will be top 4/6 with the squad and manage they have so unless Spurs have another poor season, ECL qualification is likely the best we can hope for through the league. Its why we need to win a cup in the next few years and qualify for the Europe League.

We cannot financially compete for anything higher than a 6th/7th place It's that simple. Last season was an anomaly.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

There's not a chance we will be doing that and we wouldn't be allowed to even if we wanted to. The revenue of the top 6 is such that we cannot compete. That was the point of FFP, to close the door behind the favoured clubs and pull the ladder up.

We will do very, very well to finish 7th again next year ad Chelsea will be top 4/6 with the squad and manage they have so unless Spurs have another poor season, ECL qualification is likely the best we can hope for through the league. Its why we need to win a cup in the next few years and qualify for the Europe League.

We cannot financially compete for anything higher than a 6th/7th place It's that simple. Last season was an anomaly.

I think surely our finances match Brightons if not better. 

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I think surely our finances match Brightons if not better. 

I'm talking about the Sky 6. Brighton being in the top 6 is the anomaly.

The Financial revenue of the sky 6 is enormous and dwarfs ours and Brightons. What you are allowed to spend on transfers under FFP is directly related to revenue.

The cards are stacked. That's just the way it is.