The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

If rumours are to be believed £120m for Rice and  then they will have to drop another £80m for Caicedo 

How do Arsenal have £200m for 2 players ? 

2 players that are destroyers if generous

Embarrassing compared how much we paid for our midfield

If Caicedo and Rice are a midfield solution then Nakamba is Modric level

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

If rumours are to be believed £120m for Rice and  then they will have to drop another £80m for Caicedo 

How do Arsenal have £200m for 2 players ? 

CL revenue after many seasons out of it and they're selling Xhaka (20m +), Partey (probably still in 30m range) and then loads of fringe players like Balogun, Holding, Tierney and possibly Smith Rowe so that would bring in about 100m.

He's alright, in our squad he'd replace dendoncker, would say the same for them but they've signed milner for that role so he'll probably play more for Brighton than he would for us

Mixture of Brighton can do no wrong, him coming from dortmund and flirting with the german side - when in reality he played 100 games in 6 years and only has a couple of caps - he's a good squad signing, he's not a quality first choice starter for them

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's alright, in our squad he'd replace dendoncker, would say the same for them but they've signed milner for that role so he'll probably play more for Brighton than he would for us

Mixture of Brighton can do no wrong, him coming from dortmund and flirting with the german side - when in reality he played 100 games in 6 years and only has a couple of caps - he's a good squad signing, he's not a quality first choice starter for them

Would he? He would struggle get past Nakamba for me 

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Chelsea spending £100m on Caicedo and Nicolas Jackson.

I wonder if they will start selling players soon.

Nicolas Jackson is very underwhelming signing if he's actually going to be their regular CF (of course being Chelsea they'll sign another ten attackers between August 15th-31st).

Pretty sure Bournemouth and Southampton were nearly signing him in January. Last season he only hit two goals in La Liga up to April before having a very good end of season run so see if that was just a purple patch or sustainable.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Nicolas Jackson is very underwhelming signing if he's actually going to be their regular CF (of course being Chelsea they'll sign another ten attackers between August 15th-31st).

Pretty sure Bournemouth and Southampton were nearly signing him in January. Last season he only hit two goals in La Liga up to April before having a very good end of season run so see if that was just a purple patch or sustainable.

I'd assume Nkunu would be their main CF.

Unless, they give Lukaku another go.

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Romano promoting more players to Chelsea, definitely something iffy about the whole thing.

Romano is in the pockets of certain clubs or agents. Look how badly he was trying to sell Dougie to Arsenal. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'd assume Nkunu would be their main CF.

Unless, they give Lukaku another go.

Nkunku is not really a centre forward though and plays a bit deeper

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Romano promoting more players to Chelsea, definitely something iffy about the whole thing.

I hate the man. He has contacts but he is just a weirdo obsessed with transfers and never anything else football related

I dont even think you could call him a journalist

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I hate the man. He has contacts but he is just a weirdo obsessed with transfers and never anything else football related

I dont even think you could call him a journalist

My favourite thing recently is him saying Chelsea are preparing a bid for Caicedo and he’s been saying this for weeks, only for Ornstein to say Chelsea already had a bid rejected 2 weeks. Now fans are asking Fab, how did you not know about that then eh?

He’s been getting shown up by Ornstein a lot. People prefer Ornstein because he doesn’t give us 300 updates of a whole lot of nothing. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

In all the fun and games of our rumour mill I completely missed that Chelsea spunked £17m on some random Ecuadorean 16-year old.

I am shocked.

Chelsea's new owner is obsessed with Brighton. Took their manager, Cucerella and their scouts. And apparently they want Caciedo. They then say how can we get the next Caciedo, and sign the best young player from the club he came from.

Have they had an original thought since they got there?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Nkunku is not really a centre forward though and plays a bit deeper

He played up top for twice as many games as he played deeper last season. 

Screenshot_20230617_112627_Chrome.jpg