Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That last one of the ITV7 was very close. One person was on that favourite for the jackpot. Imagine being that close, I would need medical treatment if l failed so close to the line.

I do ITV7 all the time, I only managed 1 winner and 2 places today, best I've managed is 5 winners, 1 placed, 1 unplaced, came 63rd overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

I do ITV7 all the time, I only managed 1 winner and 2 places today, best I've managed is 5 winners, 1 placed, 1 unplaced, came 63rd overall.

4 winners, 1 placed today, which isn't bad for me because I've never had the attention span for detail, hence, I rarely have a carrot in my pocket. Although, I've tried to be a bit more studious of late. Would much rather lose by two or three than one, or the length of the last race winner. I actually won it once, would you believe,  but about 50 others too and it was only a grand and before they brought in the distance decider. Story of my life really. 

my initial thought would be "i should've done the acca as well"

but i guess that's the idea of them doing this, they're counting on you to back your selections with the associated bookie

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

my initial thought would be "i should've done the acca as well"

but i guess that's the idea of them doing this, they're counting on you to back your selections with the associated bookie

they weren't short priced winners either! I would have won a few quid with a Super Heinz, only thing is, of the 5 or 6 years of doing ITV7, this is the closest I've come, most times I'd probably end up losing most of my bet. I see it as a lottery type thing now, so just put a small e/w 7 fold acca. ITV7 is tied to SkyBet so the terms for e/w are normally the best but the odds are usually very poor.

I still put a couple of bets on most days, I don't bother with anything more than trebles, my system usually only picks me 1 or 2 horses each day anyway. These are always on the nose, e/w single bets are for wimps 🤣

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Doncaster 2.25 Albasheer 10/1

Chester 2.40 Tashkhan 6/1

Chester 4.05 City Streak 6/1

Chester 4.40 Yermanthere 12/1

Doncaster 5.25 Johan 10/1 

Lucky 31 35p a line = £10.85 

Johan won at 18/1 . Albasheer probably would have won with a clear run but eh ho . 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Johan won at 18/1 . Albasheer probably would have won with a clear run but eh ho . 

Nice one, I had two bets today, one won, the other lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Top weight selections 

Curragh 1.50 Saint Lawrence 16/1

Doncaster 2.05 Tees Spirit 12/1

Doncaster 2.40 Ten Pounds 7/2 

Doncaster 4.50 Ala Kaifi 14/1

Curragh 5.55 Mashmoor 14/1 

Worth a lucky 15?

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Top weight selections 

Curragh 1.50 Saint Lawrence 16/1

Doncaster 2.05 Tees Spirit 12/1

Doncaster 2.40 Ten Pounds 7/2 

Doncaster 4.50 Ala Kaifi 14/1

Curragh 5.55 Mashmoor 14/1 

SkyBet have money back as cash if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the 1405 today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Worth a lucky 15?

I’ve had a lucky 31 with them. I can’t tell you wether it’s worth it or not I’m just trying to find a way to get some decent priced winners from time to time . These horses are top weight and the handicapper has them top weight for a reason because he thinks they are the best horse in the race. He knows more than me. 

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

typical, noticed your bet yesterday & matched it. first 2 placed so chucked 5 e/w on the next 2 races that came nowhere so didn't bother doing the final one. ah well

Edited by LakotaDakota

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

typical, noticed your bet yesterday & matched it. first 2 placed so chucked 5 e/w on the next 2 races that came nowhere so didn't bother doing the final one. ah well

I feel your pain . Tough one to swallow sometimes 😂 That first race at Curragh today there were two top weights. I picked the one because I felt his current handicap mark was workable. He ran well enough but guess who won? Yep, the other top weight at 12/1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â