The Terrace View 2023/24

OutByEaster?

19 hours ago, Hereford-Villan said:

I'm actually really interested in this. I am desperate to get a season ticket in upper holte and i suppose lucky enough to be able to afford it. There is little information on where the seats are. Which block are they in? 

I have bought one and I’m not really sure tbh. I havn’t received the season ticket card yet and don’t what block/seat etc. All I know for certain is that it is in a safe standing section (rails on the back of the seats to prevent a surge or people falling over when standing)

Can anyone here give me an insight into what the Upper Holte is like? Is it rough? Is it child friendly?

32 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I havn’t received the season ticket card yet and don’t what block/seat etc. All I know for certain is that it is in a safe standing section 

I think you get a choice whether you want to be in a seated section or in a safe standing section, both in the Upper Holte.

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think you get a choice whether you want to be in a seated section or in a safe standing section, both in the Upper Holte.

I wasn’t given a choice - the only option was safe standing. You still have a seat so have the option to sit, but I imagine everyone is standing just because of the nature of the section!

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I am a ST in Upper Holte and I have seen families with young kids up there, but no way would I recommend the Upper Holte for children.

Majority stand throughout the match, as do I. Plenty of swearing, vocal abuse and vitriol of the officials and some opposition players as well as very funny "X" rated comments (not by me of course!). It is probably the last bastion of this type of supporter before the spread of gentrification and seats with cushions. Make the most of it as in 10 years time the Holte will be unrecognisable in my view.

I would say parts of the Upper Holte have many characters that are errrm rough diamonds 😉

I’ll give it a test drive before I think about bringing my 8 year old daughter then!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I’ll give it a test drive before I think about bringing my 8 year old daughter then!

Took my daughter to her first ever live game of footy a few years ago in our relegation season. She was about 22, I said there is only one place to experience your first game of footy at the Villa, and that's on the Holte End. 

Although we were rubbish and lost as usual that season, she loved it, has been with me many times on the Holte. She is a claret member but worried that she might not get a seat now 🙁

She "gets" Villa.........it is in her DNA after all 😊

• Like 1

Holte End is still locked out for Season ticket holders for the Everton game - it'll be interesting to see how long they'll let it go in their efforts to sell season tickets in the Terrace View.

Right now, it looks like those remaining Upper Holte seats will end up going into general sale, if they do, they'll be the only tickets on general sale with the game about to sell out to season ticket holders buying extras - and there weren't many of those available.

If we suddenly get 600 seats on general sale next week, it's a bit of a slap in the face for members.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

Did you buy two of the Terrace View tickets, or are you looking to buy an extra one when you'd like to take your daughter?

I ask because it doesn't look like extra tickets are going to be easy to come by.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Did you buy two of the Terrace View tickets, or are you looking to buy an extra one when you'd like to take your daughter?

I ask because it doesn't look like extra tickets are going to be easy to come by.

No I got one and a friend of mine got one so on occasion (holidays etc) I may be able to take a guest, and vice versa for him.

Info is still very sparse on extra home tickets and away tickets. Apparently it will be forthcoming this week or next.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Info is still very sparse on extra home tickets and away tickets. Apparently it will be forthcoming this week or next.

That'll be interesting, if you're ahead of Members and other season ticket holders for regular seats, I think there will be a fair bit of unhappiness!

• Like 1

I spoke with them earlier. 10% allocation of overall away tickets will be allocated to the terrace view in a ballot just for terrace view i was told. I went to buy 2 tickets but was told i couldn't as my wife wasn't on the season ticket wait list which is frankly ridiculous!

Waiting for them to get back to me about it

4 minutes ago, Hereford-Villan said:

I spoke with them earlier. 10% allocation of overall away tickets will be allocated to the terrace view in a ballot just for terrace view i was told. I went to buy 2 tickets but was told i couldn't as my wife wasn't on the season ticket wait list which is frankly ridiculous!

I'd hope that's 10% of the allocation of hospitality tickets, not 10% of the overall allocation.

If it's 10% of the hospitality allocation, it's about 6 tickets and you're being led down the garden path by a salesperson.

If it's 10% of the overall allocation, then you're pushing to the head of the tightest queue in football and I can't imagine those at the head of the away merit allocations would take well to it!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd hope that's 10% of the allocation of hospitality tickets, not 10% of the overall allocation.

If it's 10% of the hospitality allocation, it's about 6 tickets and you're being led down the garden path by a salesperson.

If it's 10% of the overall allocation, then you're pushing to the head of the tightest queue in football and I can't imagine those at the head of the away merit allocations would take well to it!

Has to be 10% of the hospitality allocation, on the basis that the Terrace View represents 10% of overall hospitality seats in the ground (assuming that the latter is correct)…

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I have bought one and I’m not really sure tbh. I havn’t received the season ticket card yet and don’t what block/seat etc. All I know for certain is that it is in a safe standing section (rails on the back of the seats to prevent a surge or people falling over when standing)

Can anyone here give me an insight into what the Upper Holte is like? Is it rough? Is it child friendly?

Take Lennox Lewis with you, you''ll be ok.😀

Seriously....I think all the stands at Villa are ok..from what I gather.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I am a ST in Upper Holte and I have seen families with young kids up there, but no way would I recommend the Upper Holte for children.

Majority stand throughout the match, as do I. Plenty of swearing, vocal abuse and vitriol of the officials and some opposition players as well as very funny "X" rated comments (not by me of course!). It is probably the last bastion of this type of supporter before the spread of gentrification and seats with cushions. Make the most of it as in 10 years time the Holte will be unrecognisable in my view.

I would say parts of the Upper Holte have many characters that are errrm rough diamonds 😉

Is that a euphemism for Neanderthals😀

or the Trinity, where cabbages have wings.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Holte End is still locked out for Season ticket holders for the Everton game - it'll be interesting to see how long they'll let it go in their efforts to sell season tickets in the Terrace View.

Right now, it looks like those remaining Upper Holte seats will end up going into general sale, if they do, they'll be the only tickets on general sale with the game about to sell out to season ticket holders buying extras - and there weren't many of those available.

If we suddenly get 600 seats on general sale next week, it's a bit of a slap in the face for members.

Would they not have to sell them as hospitality tickets rather than general sale though?

So if the only seats available in the ground are the unsold Terrace View in that dedicated block, then they can’t sell them as general admission tickets?

If they are committed to the Terrace View, then you assume they will do everything they can to sell the tickets as hospitality with access to the new lounge, with the hope that some of the people buying the tickets for Everton will then decide to buy a season ticket to the Terrace View for the remaining games.

I don’t think they will go on general sale as general admission Holte end seats, but if they do then I think it will be very very late in the day. It might even be to members very very late in the day.

I might be wrong though!

19 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Would they not have to sell them as hospitality tickets rather than general sale though?

So if the only seats available in the ground are the unsold Terrace View in that dedicated block, then they can’t sell them as general admission tickets?

If they are committed to the Terrace View, then you assume they will do everything they can to sell the tickets as hospitality with access to the new lounge, with the hope that some of the people buying the tickets for Everton will then decide to buy a season ticket to the Terrace View for the remaining games.

I don’t think they will go on general sale as general admission Holte end seats, but if they do then I think it will be very very late in the day. It might even be to members very very late in the day.

I might be wrong though!

Sorry, I've not been clear - there will be a whole load of tickets currently locked in the Holte End Upper - some of those will be taken by the Terrace view and some won't. There will be a lot more spaces available than Terrace View tickets for sale - so that they can accommodate groups - if they've got three tickets together then they won't sell them at the moment in case a family want to buy in the Terrace view - once they've sold the Terrace view there will most likely be a few hundred left over, dotted across the Upper Holte.

This whole Terrace View has been an absolute debacle. 

A slap in the face for those in the queue for a ST

A kick in the wotsits for Claret members

Gentrification of the Upper Holte ...

ST prices increasing above inflation for the last 2 years

All to make a few more quid out of supporters

Is this the price of "success" I.e. finishing 7th.....how much will tickets increase if we actually win something?

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think it is. it certainly sounded like 10% of overall tickets as i made a point to say that i was really interested in away tickets.