Midweek Football 17/20 April

andykeenan

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely perplexed as to how you can say Liverpool are bad because they drew against Chelsea and Arsenal then immediately follow that up with “Spurs aren’t as bad as they’re being made out to be”… after they blow an 88th minute equaliser at home to Bournemouth to follow up a controversial win at home to Brighton (where they were battered), and draws against Everton and Southampton. 

Liverpool have been bad though, by their own high standards, otherwise they wouldn't be in 8th place.  Prior to last night, Liverpool had failed to score in 6 away games against bottom half teams.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Liverpool have been bad though, by their own high standards, otherwise they wouldn't be in 8th place.  Prior to last night, Liverpool had failed to score in 6 away games against bottom half teams.

Yeah, sure.  It's the context though - he quoted games against Chelsea and Arsenal (in which Liverpool didn't lose).  I'd still have Liverpool as favourites to finish ahead of us.  I think Spurs are more catchable - and Liverpool are currently behind us in the table.  Maybe others disagree!

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, sure.  It's the context though - he quoted games against Chelsea and Arsenal (in which Liverpool didn't lose).  I'd still have Liverpool as favourites to finish ahead of us.  I think Spurs are more catchable - and Liverpool are currently behind us in the table.  Maybe others disagree!

Chelsea are terrible though 🤣

I think Liverpool will finish ahead of us.  We need to overtake and stay ahead of Spurs, and up Brighton don't overtake us. 

Liverpool - 5th
Us - 6th
Brighton or Spurs - 7th

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Chelsea are terrible though 🤣

I think Liverpool will finish ahead of us.  We need to overtake and stay ahead of Spurs, and up Brighton don't overtake us. 

Liverpool - 5th
Us - 6th
Brighton or Spurs - 7th

Compared to Bournemouth, Everton and Southampton? :D 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Compared to Bournemouth, Everton and Southampton? :D 

on current form yes. Everton and Southampton have won the same amount of games in the last ten as Chelsea and Bournemouth have 7 more points in that time

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

on current form yes. Everton and Southampton have won the same amount of games in the last ten as Chelsea and Bournemouth have 7 more points in that time

Ah fair, it wasn't a good win for us then.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One of the toughest tests in football tonight, Millwall vs blues in a night time kick off

a true test if you really want to be a permanent member of the riot squad going forward

And the only game on the telly, is it worth it?

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Champions League on BT Sports

edit: Actually all championship games are on Sky under the red button.

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, Tegis said:

MIllwal are in the play offs so should be OK standard

I like the idea of them coming up and the Premier League PR labelling the fanbase passionate when they are smashing up top flight grounds every other week

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Champions League on BT Sports

edit: Actually all championship games are on Sky under the red button.

Well, technically one can watch anything I guess, yarrrrr. But my swedish services that I actually pay for only has that game.

10 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Well, technically one can watch anything I guess, yarrrrr. But my swedish services that I actually pay for only has that game.

Ah of course, I forgot you were in Shveden 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Drawing v Chelsea is dropped points currently and Chelsea actually were well on top in that game and as usual missed some sitters, Liverpool had about two clear cut chances all night.

It's hard to say. They could win all their games at Anfield and lose at Leicester or Southampton or win all three aways with ease and draw a few at home instead.

Hopefully West Ham can hold them to a draw next week and stall them for a bit as they'll put 4 or 5 past Forest at the weekend.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â