Midweek Football 17/20 April

andykeenan

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Liverpool have not turned a corner before the media pile on. Leeds were absolutely shite and played like they would have rather been down the pub tonight.

Liverpool turned a corner a while back. They will finish above us. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I agree and I don’t think it is being negative. They have a far easier run in and much superior goal difference. It is us/Brighton and Spurs for the remaining spots. 

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They hadnt won in 6 games before tonight, last win was the 7-0 vs United on March 5

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

They hadnt won in 6 games before tonight

5 games.  And even then, having played Man City, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bournemouth.  The Bournemouth result was unexpected, but the rest was pretty par.

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I wouldn't get carried away with Liverpool. Palace smashed  Leeds just over a week or so ago. Liverpool will still drop points the way they play.

They have been hit and miss this season 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t know if you watched them but they were playing Madrid, Arsenal and Man City. It was a tough run of fixtures rather than bad form. 

It’s hard to see where they will drop a lot of points. Even if we beat them, we pretty much need to be flawless the other 6 games just to stay ahead of them.

We need to catch Spurs.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t know if you watched them but they were playing Madrid, Arsenal and Man City. It was a tough run of fixtures rather than bad form. 

Lost against Bournemouth, drew against a shit Chelsea, drew against a bottling Arsenal, so did Wet Spam, an Madrid ain't in the Prem 😆 They ain't all that, we shouldn't be worried about our game anyways, their defence will get ripped a new one with Watkin's and Moreno on fire.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It’s hard to see where they will drop a lot of points. Even if we beat them, we pretty much need to be flawless the other 6 games just to stay ahead of them.

We need to catch Spurs.

Spurs ain't got the easiest of run ins, but to be fair they ain't as bad as the media and their fans are making out.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Spurs ain't got the easiest of run ins, but to be fair they ain't as bad as the media and their fans are making out.

They were absolutely dreadful against Bournemouth. Their defence looked scared of the ball. I think we’ll rip them apart.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Everton (H) - 2-0
Newcastle (A) - 0-2
Palace (A) - 0-0
Wolves (H) - 2-0
Man Utd (H) - 7-0
Bournemouth (A) - 1-0
Man City (A) - 4-1
Chelsea (A) - 0-0
Arsenal (H) - 2-2
Leeds (A) - 1-6(?)

They're pretty good against the better opposition to be honest.  They're generally in decent form (despite everyone saying they're shit).

For some reason I thought they were losing to the likes of Brentford and Brighton, but you're right, they seem to be in good form if those are their last 10 results. 

I see the BBC are wrong again.... saying that liverpoo remain 2 points behind Villa..........no its 3 points .....why can't they get simple facts right or is it their red tinted glasses all steamed up after last nights result ?

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Lost against Bournemouth, drew against a shit Chelsea, drew against a bottling Arsenal, so did Wet Spam, an Madrid ain't in the Prem 😆 They ain't all that, we shouldn't be worried about our game anyways, their defence will get ripped a new one with Watkin's and Moreno on fire.

Moreno just tore an in-form Trippier a new one.....

.... Imagine what he will do to the defensively suspect TAA

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Genuinely perplexed as to how you can say Liverpool are bad because they drew against Chelsea and Arsenal then immediately follow that up with “Spurs aren’t as bad as they’re being made out to be”… after they blow an 88th minute equaliser at home to Bournemouth to follow up a controversial win at home to Brighton (where they were battered), and draws against Everton and Southampton. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â