Midweek Football 17/20 April

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think there was ever much chance we would finish above Liverpool to be honest. It's Brighton and Brentford we should be looking at. 

Brighton are in fabulous form but we’ve got to play them and Liverpool so it’s in our hands. 

For me though it’s Spurs and Brentford that are our main competitors for Europe right now. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

We aren't qualifying for europe if we just finish above Brentford.

Just checked and Spurs still have to go to Anfield so they'll ship 3-4 if Liverpool attack like they have tonight so that should simplify the task of finishing above Spurs at least.

If we beat Liverpool at Anfield I think we finish above them, both teams playing as they are. Liverpool have these results where they smash a hopeless team and then return to type the following week against tougher opposition.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think there was ever much chance we would finish above Liverpool to be honest. It's Brighton and Brentford we should be looking at. 

Brentford are 9th, finishing above them in 8th is not going to get us in Europe.

We need to finish above two of Brighton, Liverpool or Spurs.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

If we beat Liverpool at Anfield I think we finish above them, both teams playing as they are. Liverpool have these results where they smash a hopeless team and then return to type the following week against tougher opposition.

It’s the opposite, they’ve been playing well against better teams, and dropping points against the chaff at the bottom. It looks like they are back to winning ways.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'd take a draw without question. Yes we're very good away under the Don but Anfield at pressure moments is a different beast and we'll be clinging on there I suspect.

Hopefully West Ham will put on a better defensive performance than this next week when Liverpool go there and they have the front players to cause Liverpool issues unlike Leeds.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Everton (H) - 2-0
Newcastle (A) - 0-2
Palace (A) - 0-0
Wolves (H) - 2-0
Man Utd (H) - 7-0
Bournemouth (A) - 1-0
Man City (A) - 4-1
Chelsea (A) - 0-0
Arsenal (H) - 2-2
Leeds (A) - 1-6(?)

They're pretty good against the better opposition to be honest.  They're generally in decent form (despite everyone saying they're shit).

• Like 1

Turned it back on 15 mins ago and was 5- 1 watched every Leeds player hiding from a tackle and the ball for q5, saw the scum score ( multiple replays of the finish and 1 showing from a ridiculous angle for any kind of off side in which the player could have been 5 yards off but would still look level) obvs goal given.

The knock on in the 1st half completely changed the game. And Leeds were utter gutless, not even the odd firm challenge, nothing.

This is how much yhe media want the scum in Europe, BBC giving them and extra point for that 'win'

Jurgen Klopp's side remain eighth in the Premier League table, a point behind seventh-placed Brighton and two shy of Aston Villa in sixth.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â